Nier Painstakingly Detailed By The ESRB

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
2zsy493.png

Nier went through the inspective lens of the ESRB and they came back with an amusing and somewhat informative summary.

The game has some puzzles, “shooter”-style mechanics, and apparently Nier gets to ride a boat. Read the full description to see what other swear words Kaine uses to spice up cutscenes.
In this action role-playing game, players scour a post-apocalyptic world for a cure, something to save a young girl from a mysterious, magical disease. Players assume the role of the girl’s father and do their best to solve puzzles, travel fleet of foot (sometimes by boat), and perform a variety of quests (fetching items, finding characters, making deliveries, etc.). They also kill an assortment of otherwordly creatures along the way.​

Players cast their magic and hack-and-slash with swords to defeat fantastical foes strewn on open landscapes, lurking in dungeon spaces and cobblestone outskirts. A combo meter tracks the consecutive melee attacks; varying overhead perspectives resemble "shooter"-style mechanics, particularly during the protracted boss battles where giant demon-like creatures explode and scream and bleed. Cinematic cutscenes may also depict humans and creatures getting stabbed, impaled, crushed, or destroyed. But while the melee combat is fast and frenetic, it is often inflicted against the mythical—robots, skeletons, scorpions, and golems, giant eyeballs and glowing shadows.​

The dense fountain-like cascades of blood (along with the language) factor highly into the Mature rating: blood will spray, cascading and arching—sometimes in slow-motion—across the battlefield when creatures are attacked; blood also stains the ground, covers characters (one in a white dress), fills up a sink, spurts. The aforementioned language is strong, often employed for comedic effect rather than profane slur: "f**ks, "a*sholes," "bullsh*ts," and "sh*t hogs" (a comrade questions the validity of the word) get sprinkled in the dialogue. And throughout the quest, a hermaphrodite character (female traits emphasized) wears a revealing outfit that exposes most of the buttocks, in most of his/her scenes; depictions of jiggling breasts and deep cleavage are applied to various female characters as well.​

Source: Siliconera

Why on earth did it go into so much detail? :wacky: I thought it was meant to be summary, the first line could have done fine. I can understand the last part being lengthy because they rate games so they need to have detail of the reasoning behind a rating but the two paragraphs above it are pointless. :ffs:

Even my summaries for English assignments aren't as long as this. :wacky:

But hurray for extra, though unnecessary information though. I always tend to prefer being told more than I should be anyway, so I have no real complaints here. It does detail some rather fascinating things that gives Nier a big boost in my radar of games to look out for.

Siliconera is right about the swearing being rather comical. After hearing that voice clip (probably of Kaine) earlier before, I simply couldn't take the frequent swearing seriously enough. The more swearing thrown in, the more hilarious and stupid it seems to become.

Although the level of description of blood wasn't really needed (because I'm eating something now). However, I like the idea of traversing the world on a boat. Whether or not it will be a manoeuvrable boat we'll have to see though.

Omg so much so MUCH! Lmao deep Cleavage and buttocks for all the female characters xD. Super stong language YAY xD. Also holy shit so much Blood! Does it have more than Bayonetta? That was the bloodiest game I played.

2zsy493.png

Nier went through the inspective lens of the ESRB and they came back with an amusing and somewhat informative summary.

The game has some puzzles, “shooter”-style mechanics, and apparently Nier gets to ride a boat. Read the full description to see what other swear words Kaine uses to spice up cutscenes.
In this action role-playing game, players scour a post-apocalyptic world for a cure, something to save a young girl from a mysterious, magical disease. Players assume the role of the girl’s father and do their best to solve puzzles, travel fleet of foot (sometimes by boat), and perform a variety of quests (fetching items, finding characters, making deliveries, etc.). They also kill an assortment of otherwordly creatures along the way.​
Players cast their magic and hack-and-slash with swords to defeat fantastical foes strewn on open landscapes, lurking in dungeon spaces and cobblestone outskirts. A combo meter tracks the consecutive melee attacks; varying overhead perspectives resemble "shooter"-style mechanics, particularly during the protracted boss battles where giant demon-like creatures explode and scream and bleed. Cinematic cutscenes may also depict humans and creatures getting stabbed, impaled, crushed, or destroyed. But while the melee combat is fast and frenetic, it is often inflicted against the mythical—robots, skeletons, scorpions, and golems, giant eyeballs and glowing shadows.​
The dense fountain-like cascades of blood (along with the language) factor highly into the Mature rating: blood will spray, cascading and arching—sometimes in slow-motion—across the battlefield when creatures are attacked; blood also stains the ground, covers characters (one in a white dress), fills up a sink, spurts. The aforementioned language is strong, often employed for comedic effect rather than profane slur: "f**ks, "a*sholes," "bullsh*ts," and "sh*t hogs" (a comrade questions the validity of the word) get sprinkled in the dialogue. And throughout the quest, a hermaphrodite character (female traits emphasized) wears a revealing outfit that exposes most of the buttocks, in most of his/her scenes; depictions of jiggling breasts and deep cleavage are applied to various female characters as well.​
Source: Siliconera

Its The hermaphrodite part that disturbs me, i feel partially gay now, but this has ruined the game for me, now i must crawl in a hole and die

wait, this is the japan exclusive with the hermaphrodite, not the north american version, the game is not ruined for me now, but she was possessed by a demon and grew a well, firehose, here is a link to the page, its a japan exclusive, so it explains the wierd hermaphrodite thing, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nier_Replicant, and here is the hermaphrodite free north american version http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nier_Gestalt

I wouldn't have opposed the idea of a hermaphrodite. It's just a couple of levels up from cross dressing :lol:

But if it's just being possessed by a male, than that's not really something to be aghast about >_>

Bloody gore does concern me a tad bit. I'm a wuss that probably couldn't handle it all that well. The trailer we first saw didn't really show anything so I thought I could handle it, but if there's a whole lot like this rating is implying, I don't know if I can play the game without feeling irked >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back