Nier Coming To North America And Europe In April Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
wtf1fn.jpg

Square Enix has a close-to-worldwide release planned for Nier. The game launches in Japan on April 22 and arrives in the West shortly after.

Nier and the Black Scrawl spreads to PAL territories the next day, with a scheduled release on April 23. Then Nier finally lands in North America on April 27. Not many Square Enix published games go from Japan to Europe to North America. What was the last one, The World Ends With You?

That game had a good plot twist and Square Enix keeps saying Nier has plenty of those. Nier is on a quest find a cure to the Black Scrawl for his daughter Yonah. But, everything in the game isn’t what it seems. During his journey players will learn the truth about the Black Scrawl, Nier, his daughter, and (hopefully) why his only friend is a flying book.

Source: Siliconera

It hits PAL territories before the USA? That's certainly a first coming from SE. For so long we Europeans have always been last to get SE games, so for this to suddenly happen is a little amusing.

I can't see myself getting this anytime soon though, however. I may end up buying it cheap depending on whether or not it's mediocre or amazing. As it's from Cavia, I won't bet much on it being spectacular.

There aren't many trailers of this on Youtube so it's hard to make a fair judgement. From what I've seen it looks like a mixture between Devil May Cry and No More Heroes. As for the story, well, I'm sure we can all pretty much predict the standard plot twists that are going on here (sounds very Zelda-ish). Hopefully there will be some NPCs and towns thrown into the standard hack-and-slash.

Ah this is awesome stuff. This is perfect to get at the end of april because it does not interfere with other games that I like. By that I mean that this release is perfect and ya cool that europe gets it firshats pretty interesting tbh

It is interesting to here that Europe is getting the game first considering they are one of the last to receive them no? Nier looks like a good game I might try and get my hands on it though i'm not sure when. April is fine as long as I got the money then there's really no problem with the release date.
There's so many games coming out soon I want them all :gonk:

It hits PAL territories before the USA? That's certainly a first coming from SE. For so long we Europeans have always been last to get SE games, so for this to suddenly happen is a little amusing.
We get Final Fantasy XIII first too! Well, at least 6/7 hours beforehand. :ryan:

If I found the title interesting I'd probably get it since it's released 4 days before my birthday in the UK. However, any game I do get will probably be one from the massive cluster of games released in February/March, which Nier doesn't strike me as better.

We get Final Fantasy XIII first too! Well, at least 6/7 hours beforehand. :ryan:

Oh yes, we do! I haven't thought of that! :jess:

But technically that's only because of America's time zones being behind our's, rather than SE suddenly being kind to us. :wacky:

SE are never kind to us. I bet America will get a demo next week considering SE said every month on the 13th day there will be more news...we'll probably get it the day of release then :sad3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back