new !

Welcome (back) to the forums! I couldn't find your former account. Maybe it had a name change a while back and got lost in the system.
I'm familiar with a Sean, but the other names do not ring a bell. But I don't believe I was around at the time you describe, if it was here.

Not sure what else to put here... I'm 32, a psych/neurosci student and I'm in social work.. at least until I get into a PhD program. Love Endwalker currently and am eagerly awaiting my PS4 which should be here on Tuesday so I can hop back in. I love philosophy and looking back I think Final Fantasy is what got me into thinking about human nature and a lot of the bigger questions.. Final Fantasy IX is especially memorable to me for invoking that.

That sounds awesome! I wish you good luck with getting enrolled in a PhD program. I know from my own experience that this can be tricky...

If you like philosophy and psychology then I can completely understand why you are currently loving Endwalker. Keep playing!

There are a couple of decent books about this topic too, if you aren't already aware of them.
  • Final Fantasy and Philosophy: The Ultimate Walkthrough (2009) is a bit dated now in terms of what it covers, but there are some excellent articles in there that I still refer to from time to time.
  • The Psychology of Final Fantasy: Surpassing The Limit Break (2020) is more current in terms of its content, while also referring to the earliest games as well. I prefer this one overall. This book is by Geek Therapeutics, who are mental health professionals who work with 'geek' culture.
Both books are available on Amazon, etc, but this is your welcome thread so it isn't like I'm setting you homework or anything. Just realised that this looks like a little bit like reading list, and that wasn't my intention... I just figured you might want to know about them.

Welcome, again! :beelzebulbble:

Hey, so I *believe* this is the forum I used to frequent when I was 15 (17 years ago ha), but my name back then was Valedor (cringeworthy). Is there a Piper or Sunbane or maggie or sean still posting here? If so, that would be wild. Anyway, yeh, I left gaming for a while when I met someone and now I'm back in the mix and I figured that being the kind of person who gets filled with nostalgia when I should be focused on final exams that I would come here and see what's changed.

Not sure what else to put here... I'm 32, a psych/neurosci student and I'm in social work.. at least until I get into a PhD program. Love Endwalker currently and am eagerly awaiting my PS4 which should be here on Tuesday so I can hop back in. I love philosophy and looking back I think Final Fantasy is what got me into thinking about human nature and a lot of the bigger questions.. Final Fantasy IX is especially memorable to me for invoking that.

I guess if you have questions I can answer those here..
Welcome back dude ,,, with such a large break. Thiss community is still awesome as it has been from starting
I m not so old here or with game (roughly 7-8 months) ,,,,, I m amazed with your so much experience
Have no doubts regarding game but remember you in case

Welcome (back) to the forums! I'm newer than most here so that's definitely before my time, but it's always nice to see new faces!

Back