New MMO from Square-Enix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

Don't Forget Me.
Veteran
Gil
Not sure if this is related.. But SE is coming out with a new MMO game aswell. Heres a scan from the December issue of EGM.
SEnewMMO.jpg

Source: AionSource

I didn't read thoroughly over that but, wasn't this mentioned a while back, about SE making a new, improved MMO from 11? :gasp: I forget what it was actually called.

Yes its the same staff working on FFXI and its going to be similar but it wont replace FFXI it will just improve on what it did wrong. No idea what it will be called though.

i think the name starts with a R ... this is gunna bug me for the rest of the nite cuz i cant rememeber

Sounds like they're going to make it more like WoW. I hate how all MMOs are becoming really easy. It's kind of pathetic.

Now it's not even "I'mma hardcore gamer look at what I did!"

It's... "hey I'm that loser with the pimples all over my face and no one likes me so I joined an MMO to get a girlfriend. All my gear is shit but all my levels are maxed out because the last 8 patches made it really easy for me to level! I also got a mount at level 30 intead of 40 because I cried over it!"

They're just doing this to make a LOT of money. Slap a Final Fantasy name onto it and say it's like WoW, BAM huge audience. More money, shitty game, stupid players. =/

Haha Sorry for the negativity btw. XD

With Hiromichi Tanaka in charge of things, I'm not getting my hopes up. There were so many completely non-sensical elements to Final Fantasy XI they even this far down the line hasn't bothered doing anything about. I'll wait for Star Wars: The Old Republic instead and play WoW in the mean time :starwars:

This is why i don't really enjoy Square-Enix's games. Back when they were Square-soft, i doubt they'd have ever made a MMORPG.

Maybe it's just me. I just think an online RPG sucks. The whole concept. I've played them and fail to see how they are fun and addictive. Graphics generally suck, storyline is non existant.

I don't know, after XIII i might be done with Final Fantasy.

According to Wikipedia, this MMO is supposed to be called "Rapture".

Is it "Rapture" that was mentioned a few months ago? D:
Normally I'd hate the fact it's going to be an MMO but as long as a) It doesn't cost monthly and b) Comes to the PS3 I'm more than happy that they're releasing an MMO, if neither of them are reached...I'll be annoyed >.>

Is it "Rapture" that was mentioned a few months ago? D:
Normally I'd hate the fact it's going to be an MMO but as long as a) It doesn't cost monthly and b) Comes to the PS3 I'm more than happy that they're releasing an MMO, if neither of them are reached...I'll be annoyed >.>

It costs money to keep servers online, maintain a support crew, patch, and provide more content further down the line. They might not go with a monthly fee though (though I'd prefer that over anything else). Micropayment seems to be all the rage in the gaming industry these days, so I could see them go with something along those lines.

Providing people with the basic game for free, and let people buy extra content with Microsoft Points on the Xbox 360, and some other currency on the PC.

I won't be getting it then :awesome:
It's a complete ripoff having to pay monthy for a game, you pay the money for the game, expansions and everything else that comes out so all monthy fees are, are just conning tactics >.>

I never really understood why some people got so worked up over monthly fees. World of Warcraft for example costs 12.99 euros to play every month. Which really is a rather modest amount, and wouldn't buy you more than a couple of Big Mac meals at McDonald's anyway. As long as they don't do like with Final Fantasy XI where you had to pay the monthly fee or they'd delete your characters. Or charge you for every extra character you make. Now THAT's conning people.

I can't wait for SE to announce it! :D
I used to play FF11 a lot, it was a great game!

I found this video, I can see the race Elvaan in it, it really reminds me a lot on FF11 when I see those characters in this video! How they walk, act etc... I think it has something to do with the SE newest MMORPG!

(For those who haven't seen this yet!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgtZvn5c4e4

I never really understood why some people got so worked up over monthly fees. World of Warcraft for example costs 12.99 euros to play every month. Which really is a rather modest amount, and wouldn't buy you more than a couple of Big Mac meals at McDonald's anyway. As long as they don't do like with Final Fantasy XI where you had to pay the monthly fee or they'd delete your characters. Or charge you for every extra character you make. Now THAT's conning people.

That is true. New games cost about 50-60 US dollars that only last around 15-30 hours. RPGs lasting for about 40-60 hours. Then there is the consideration of how good the replay value is and how much downloadable content is available.

Pay 10 or 15 dollars a month on a MMO and you have countless of things to do. Also you have the ability to socialize easier on MMOs.

Eh, I think Square should just stay away from MMOs and work on games. =/ Leave to the experts, no offense Square Enix.

That is true. New games cost about 50-60 US dollars that only last around 15-30 hours. RPGs lasting for about 40-60 hours. Then there is the consideration of how good the replay value is and how much downloadable content is available.

Pay 10 or 15 dollars a month on a MMO and you have countless of things to do. Also you have the ability to socialize easier on MMOs.

Eh, I think Square should just stay away from MMOs and work on games. =/ Leave to the experts, no offense Square Enix.

Agreed and both accounts! If anything playing World of Warcraft has saved me a lot of money. I don't buy half the amount of games that I used to. I don't really have high expectations for this Rapture, and with the competition in the MMO market these days, I doubt it will make much of an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back