New FFF Banner?

Caedus

That's Dobby to you, ya tick warmth! ~_~
Gil
I've noticed something awkward about the banner; there's dark overlapping circles in the bottom-right corner, and it appears to be a compilation of merged stocks with a diagonal gradient that repeats, to put it basically. Would not it be a good idea to make a contest and a poll for the entries to see if someone can make a more attractive or all-encompassing one? The whole thing is too dark to notice, in my opinion. It's more black and extreme dark blue than anything else. Just a thought. I don't hate it, but a new one couldn't hurt, I don't think. >_>

We have banner competitions sometimes and the winner gets their banner put up. This one is from a recent competition.

This is the third or fourth banner we've used, actually. We've run competitions, like the one in your suggestion, in order to get these other banners - the winner's entry, chosen by the members of the forum, is the one that is displayed for a time.

If members feel as though it's time for another change then I daresay we could have another competition up and running in a day or two.

This is the third banner we've had, and we've only had it for about...6-8 months. Maybe, if a lot of other people feel the same way, it's time for another banner contest?

Can anyone remember how long we had the second banner for?

I think we had it for around 6-8 months before we had another contest. I'm thinking it's time for another banner contest, especially since we have a lot more GFXers this time around. We might get more entries than we did last time. We only had a few previously.

I've noticed something awkward about the banner; there's dark overlapping circles in the bottom-right corner, and it appears to be a compilation of merged stocks with a diagonal gradient that repeats, to put it basically. Would not it be a good idea to make a contest and a poll for the entries to see if someone can make a more attractive or all-encompassing one? The whole thing is too dark to notice, in my opinion. It's more black and extreme dark blue than anything else. Just a thought. I don't hate it, but a new one couldn't hurt, I don't think. >_>

I think the banners brilliant and for the hard work that was put into it i find your post extremely rude :ffs:
AS was said there was a competition held a while back and this one won by a long shot, so obviously people think its good.

I am quite fond of this banner to be quite honest. It is simple, it is not a overwhelming explosion of extreme vivid colors and C4D like most signatures and avatars I've seen around, and it is the first thing to load when the Site is lagging. If we do make a new banner contest, remember that the more gorgeous and complicated the banner looks, the more it will take to load. And not everyone arond here has the fastest connection either. Oh and the overlapping circles? Well that usually happens when the surroundings of the stock are not erased properly, unless it was done on purpose.

I would rather like to focus on changing the seemingly unchangeable....our forum skin >_>

But heck...like more than years with that skin...a few more years wouldn't hurt, aye? :dave:

Well the banner is good as it is imo. But A new one would be nice right? Maybe a ladies themed Final Fantasy banner? Ummm Truly I dont really know. Im just giving a suggestion. But you know what I liked the previous banner much better.

Well maybe what we could do is a banner rotation. Dave found that old post and as you can see there are tons of banners, what about the 2nd largest vote's banner goes up next? In this case it'd be #4 or if you guys really want we could have another contest. It doesn't really matter to me. I quite like our banner we have now but there's nothing wrong with a little change here and there.

As stated above, a) I don't hate it. b.) Mandi said there were only a few entries anyway. The less there are, the more of a "long shot" entries win by, I would think. :jtc: I wasn't trynna be mean. I was trying to say something motivational, with clear intentions, and through a quick C&C of my own for the banner, I encompassed its simplicity. I can tell the stocks were hard to compile, and very difficult to merge so smoothly, but I doubt the things I pointed out were considered during the votes, anyway. I'm sorry to have offended you, but not all opinions for art should be positive, all the time. -_-

EDIT: What's this about?
lagunas dream said:
i voted 4. I love the colours everything is well blended there are are plenty of ff characters to look at aswell. That the winner imo.

Didn't take time to critique the other ones. Not posting a critique for ones you didn't vote for is the same as disregarding them, I think. :dry: That just feels... backwards or something to me. Contradictory.

Last edited:
Truthfully, I don't see the need for another because we haven't had this even for a year yet.

The last one was horrible and this one suited the bill.

Have the best of both worlds and use a rotating banner system where a new one each time you change page. Set it up with say half a dozen different banners, and you get your new one and the current one can stay.

Let's not detract away from what was a good discussion...

I can't remember how it's done, if it can be done on this version of vBulletin, but I always have been fond of the rotating banner, or even having the option to choose different banners in your User CP. An Admin would have to confirm this for me.

Warbs should have the final say on whether the banner gets changed since he won the banner competition and as Dave has mentioned it's only been up 3/4 months, which isn't all that long compared to the banner previously used so it's not exactly fair on him if we just decide to change it or have another competition without his input at least. Personally speaking, the best banner in the bunch was chosen by the majority and was made by the best GFXer on the forum, so another competition isn't going to change all that much.

How about we have a banner change every month or 2? Well Im not really sure on this but I do thik it would take alot of time to make new banners. Unless we can just do the banner competition and use those ones. Well the winners banner of course. I do think a banner change every 2 months would be quite nice imo. Or maybe we can have an option to change the banner like on other forums? I dont know discuss plz.

I like this banner.
In my opinion about people wanting a new one just switch every few months between the top 3 banners that were submitted. Then I'd say maybe 2 times a year have another banner competition.

Personally, I don't see a need for it to change. The current one fits in perfectly with the skin, in my opinion.

I enjoy the banner that is currently up, and i believe that whoever worked on it put their heart and soul into it.
That being said, i'm a man that believes the word of the people is sound and just.
In other words, if people want a new banner, let it be so.

Back