Cover NEW : (22 tracks) : Final Fantasy Covers by Jason De Roeck

I'm sorry this got buried! I’ve been busy but I've listened to it now.

I love how the slightly 'clickier'/snappier beat almost carries a bit of the Turks with it (I don’t know how else to describe that). It's a subtle change but it alters the track in an interesting way and gives it a new dimension, I feel. Then of course when the familiar chilling bell chimes kick in there is no doubt this is the cold, formidable company sucking the Planet dry of Mako.

Not long to go until the Remake now!

Thanks ! I can share my last Final Fantasy VII cover with you :

Great cover. Beautifully done. :)

I like the way it changes at about 1.40. In the original track I’d picked up on a subtle ‘Western’ style sound (but not strong enough to really comment on it in my Wild West article including Tifa in Timber Maniacs issue 3 page 18). I think your version brings that part out more strongly here. I'm not sure if that is intentional or not, but I really liked that. This is appropriate since she does work in a bar styled as a saloon (when she isn’t being an eco-terrorist) and she wears a cowboy hat during the Nibelheim incident.

Thank you ! each of your comments is amazing for me ^^

There's my new cover :)

Sorry I'm late to this one. These are crazy times.

This is one of the most depressing Final Fantasy tracks of all time, yet I love it nonetheless. It is both tragic and mysterious and really forces you to reflect on the situation of the FFVII world. Your version does a great job with that. :)

Hello ! This if the new chosen covers from Final Fantasy VII ! gnark

Nice! I’m almost expecting to find Sephiroth hiding in my wardrobe after listening to this.

I've always found this track to be a great villain theme. It often gets overshadowed by the more popular One-Winged Angel when it comes to Sephiroth, but I like the dark sense of foreboding in this track. You've done a great job with it.

Hey, this is a new cover from Final Fantasy VIII ! Tell me what you think about ^^

Last edited:
You’ve picked four beautiful tracks there! :)

Your Balamb Garden captures the angelic chimes and I love the sound of it.

On the Other Side of the Mountain is a track which is often overlooked. I love your rendition! It has a calming quality, but with playful side to it, which develops nicely as it builds up. I can definitely picture the scene it relates to being played out with this, as if it was a movie version or the Remake.

Over The Hill is one of the best world map themes in the franchise. Again I really love how your version builds up. There is a lot going on behind the core melody, but it builds up in harmony with it and ceases at the appropriate points.

Freya's Theme is an absolutely beautiful orchestral version. The song is always beautiful, despite it being by design repetitive, but you’ve managed to bring different sounds out at different times which really enhances it too.

I have two new covers to share with all the community, I hope you will love it ! I changed the background for more nostalgic feeling ^^

Big thanks to all the community, for listening and eventually (I hope) subscribing ^^ BIG THANKS !

Very sorry about the lateness in getting to this one. Life has been mad. I've just listened to these now.

Excellent renditions, as always. A very clean and polished sound.

Awakening has a particular place in my heart. When I played FFVI for the first time I remember sitting there once just listening to this track and looking at the menu and Terra's face art. It seemed like an eternity and I was transported.

This is a beautiful version which captures that feeling, only much cleaner than the original track was able to be in the format of the time.

To me, while Terra's Theme was an epic and exciting intro theme and overworld theme, Awakening was Terra's main theme tune for her key character moments - so it is the the theme I associate with her first. You made a great choice to do this one!

Find Your Way is a great choice too. It is a very strong dungeon track, wonderfully reorchestrated by yourself.

Great displays behind the tracks too! Those clips and images certainly do help to trigger the nostalgic emotions.

Back