my most recent photoshop stuff lol

ben7855

ShinRa Guard
Gil
only been messing about with photoshop for nearly a month and this lot's what i managed so far lmao

this was made for a friend of mine:

kerrysnewFFtagcopy2.png

This was my first attempt at a tutorial lmao :

BensCrysisTutMK2.jpg

This is another for a friend :
ladycazzehFFcopy1.png

This was done for a challenge ( yep it lost lmfao )
benschallenge1copy.png

so thats about it for the moment lol i like making siggys for other but hate doing em for me self
if ya want something, photoshop or paint shop pro ( i'm better at psp) feel free to ask and i'll throw something together for ya ;)

C+C if ya please :D

Not bad, considering the amount of time you've had with photoshop. I'd suggest trying to make smaller signatures first, when we first start photoshop, I know it's comforting to work with a bigger peice, but it's harder to fill.

And, trying more tutorials could be useful too, they're actually pretty good if you can find one at your level =]

smaller :O blimey whats posted there is small compared to the size i use in psp lol ( 500 x 200 )

and yeah i do need tutorials but i hate them lol i taught meself almost everything in psp but tut's for photoshop that i've looked at are bonkers
a few of my friends write tutorials but not much to my liking so lol i'll have a poke about here see if anything simple grabs me eye lol so thanks for the comment ;)

going murder with the scanlines there, eh? I'd suggest implementing some vector brushes to your work, and learning some smudging. Or just perhaps, fucking around with random shit and going wild.

Also, tutorials help. But don't use them to learn how to make the signature, use them to learn how to use the techniques you've been taught by them. :elmo:

smaller :O blimey whats posted there is small compared to the size i use in psp lol ( 500 x 200 )

500x200 is a size to avoid, It's way too big, and I know some pros at photoshop who don't make signatures that big xD

325x150 is a good practise size, but you should vary it and find one that suits you.

Dereks right, try some brushes and some smudging too =] And use tutorials to get the skills from there, so after awhile you won't need to use them at all.

okies just made this lol no text cos it'd just ruin it and this is defo my best so far lol

vindiesel-pitchblackcopy1.png

That's pretty good, actually. The background effects kinda goes with the stock quite well. Anyway, keep it up!

I really like the first siggy, especially with the "Biteme" text layer in the top left; made me laugh. Although I guess part of the stock could have been taken from the original Macalania background, it is still very well done with the changes you made to it. It's one of those siggies that I would use myself! :elmo:

lol cheers folks lol the " biteme" is a friends usernick on another forum i use ;) lmao

heres a couple more bit's i made recently

this was a challenge on my forum lol i love it
benschallengeCD1copy.png

and this was something i made for another mate cos she luvvs DT ;)
cazzehsDrcopy.png

Whoa, you have definitely gotten better! I love the first one! The blue effect really did it.

...Although, there's a little bit of green on the top mid-left side. I don't know if that was intentional or you missed it or what, but it kinda ruins the background color theme. But in defense to that, the character's eyes are green, so it may be okay.

going murder with the scanlines there, eh? I'd suggest implementing some vector brushes to your work, and learning some smudging. Or just perhaps, fucking around with random shit and going wild.

I usually do that :|
Now back on topic, I say they are good considering the amount of time you've been using photoshop. The only problem is the size, they are too big and some people just don't like signatures to be that big. Also I consider 500 X 200 too be too much for a signature, since it will take more to be filled and it also looks huge.

Try smaller sizes like 430 X 135. The one in my signature is 400 X 120 and I was able to work with it, regardless of the space limit. I know that sometimes it's harder to work with less space, but signatures look better that way.

grrr lmao the size again lol i have shrunk my work in photoshop down pretty far i think i used to use paint shop pro for over a year and nearly everything i made in that was 500x200 or there about's lol

i shrunk down to ( new fave size ) of 375x190 and i like that size it's not to small but not overly huge either so tah's muchly for the feedback

and yeah mitsuki the green dab is one of her eyes lol i didnt actually think it detracted from the the rest a the image so lol, so the finished effects on the bluey one are just messing about with various layer styles and curve layers so it was pretty much a mess about but i love it

I like the top one, but the left hand side seems bland, and that blue line crossing her face annoys me somehow =/

And with the second one, the stock is blurry,so it loses it's focas, and the jgsaw effect just looks...odd =/

Hmm I'd say the problem with both is that neither of them particularly interest me.

With the top one, I think there are too many effects over the render, and well, there's just not much to it.

With the second, I like it, but again it doesn't really have that "wow" factor. The foreground graphics etc are good, but the background is just boring.

There's still good sigs, just don't do it for me.

I believe I already gave my opinion about the first sig in another thread of yours. :P

Second one...looks alright. The background does look a bit empty, perhaps adding darker colors might have worked better.

Back