Sign-Ups Moogle Murder Mystery II (sign-ups, rules, and discussion).

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
This is a pre-Birthweek sign-up thread for Moogle Murder Mystery II!

Good job I started planning this before work on the magazine got started, otherwise there would have been no chance!

I will try and have this event ready to start as close to the beginning of Birthweek as possible.

Last year's event (see here and here) was a huge success. Will you help make the sequel as good as the original?

Moogle Murder Mystery II
Murder! Murder!

A new ‘Mog Doe’ has washed up on the shore of Whitnut-on-Sea!

Mog Doe 2.png

The small seaside town is now on lockdown while we wait for the detectives to arrive.

This is where you come in!

Moogle Murder Mystery is a whodunit game where you can create a detective character, explore the area for clues, and find out what happened to this unfortunate victim, his identity, and why he was murdered.

This game might seem daunting at first, but it is actually very simple and requires a minimum of effort from you. Please expand and follow the following sets of rules to help you in this game.

Designing Your Detective:
Spoiler!

For returning players: You may use your previous detectives again if you like, or you can create a new one.

Rules of the Game:
It is suggested that you refer back to these rules if you are ever unsure about the game.

Turns:
Spoiler!

Moving:
Spoiler!

Interacting with objects:
Spoiler!

Non-Player Characters:
Spoiler!

Discovering clues and scoring points:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Side-quests:
Spoiler!

Hazards and Dying:
Spoiler!

Once the game starts anyone can join this game at any time. There is no cut-off point for sign-ups for detectives solving a crime. However, we don’t want to let this become a cold case. The event will end when other Birthweek events have ended. The earlier you join the higher your chances are for solving the crime and getting larger rewards.

Who volunteers? Who do you want to be? Do you work alone, or do you help each other? How you play is entirely up to you.

This thread shall serve as a sign-up and discussion. Please request your detective creations here and leave any questions or comments about the game.

Another thread containing the rounds and map updates shall be created to run parallel to this one when the game begins when Birthweek officially starts.

Last edited:

Linnaete

~ J U S T - M O N I K A ~
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Name: Count Clarence Cluckbeak, aka The Bane of Fowl Play

Appearance: A distant cousin of a certain Tohm ( :chickenosaurus: ), Cluckbeak is a pompous, bloated, overgrown lilac-coloured chicken with a distinct beer belly and a penchant for permanently sticking his beak up towards the air like any good, stereotypical upper-class toff. A distinct bowler hat adorns his pretty, porky head along with a golden monocle, complimented by an ornate, regal silvery white suit with golden trimmings and an eye-catching scarlet carnation. A pair of pristine white trousers and oversized black dress shoes cover up his stumpy legs.

Unlike his distant cousin, Count Clarence Cluckbeak does not require the services of a stool.

Soulcorruptor

The corruptor of your soul
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
I will use chocobuncles mysterious genetically engineered cousin that also happend to be infused with velicoraptor DNA. As a result he has an angry disposition and is constantly hungry.

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
First drafts of the following detectives:

Count Clarence Cluckbeak (@Linnaete):
Cluckbeak2.png

Chocobuncle's Cousin (do you have a name for this character @Soulcorruptor ?):

Chocobuncle2.png

OG Angry Bird (@sly):
OG Angry Bird the Second1.png

As stated, these are drafts. Some finer details might be added. I just wanted to know if I was on the right track.

If anyone wants anything changed, let me know.

@Ilyena if you have any ideas for a detective character yet, let me know and I'll draw it for you and you to the starting list.

Paddy McGee

Dank Master 9001
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Name: Gerry Adams, but a chav

Appearance: Gerry Adams, but a chav. Talks like a chav. Would like him to be wearing the finest Adidas trackie, with the flyest Air Max Runners!

P.S. if possible, can you throw in a can of Dutch Gold in his hands?

Ilyena

The mighty arms of Atlas
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Name: Tobias T-Rex

Appearance: A T-Rex in a cozy button-up sweater (so as to appear more harmless). Unfortunately the arms of the sweater are floppy because his tiny T-Rex arms are too small to fit them. His preferred method of transportation is a unicycle because his arms can't reach the handlebars on a regular bike. He has an assistant that looks like Zazu from the lion king and hovers over his left shoulder. He is strictly there to fetch any clues that Toby's tiny arms can't reach.

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
First drafts of these detectives:

Chav Gerry Adams (@Paddy McGee):
Gerry Adams2.png

Tobias T-Rex (@Ilyena):
Tobias2.png

I wasn't sure if you meant Tobias' left shoulder (which is our right), or our left. I went with Tobias' left.

If you'd like any adjustments let me know!

I'll finish up the first map and post the starting round asap!

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Is it too late to join? If not...

Name: Susan Boyle
Appearance:

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/persons/552041/552041_v9_ba.jpg

I'd love for you to go as mad with this one as you like Dans :lew:. All I ask is that she has bazongas. Give me a shout if you need more info :).
So is this in the right ballpark?

S Boyle1.png

Let me know if anything needs editing / explaining.

I could do some work on her body as it looks a bit off, but that is off because I tried to make her look like Jynx.

Sprout

Staff member
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
So is this in the right ballpark?

View attachment 5380

Let me know if anything needs editing / explaining.

I could do some work on her body as it looks a bit off, but that is off because I tried to make her look like Jynx.
That's absolutely incredible :rofl:. Thank you so much! One quick change I wouldn't mind, if you have the time. Can you make her cross-eyed? :lew:

Top Bottom