Modified FInal Fantasy sprites

Dave Greenblade

Black Mages OWN White Mages
Gil
WARNING: Watch out, I've got a LOT of stuff here. I've already posted a lot of sprites on another forum, and I'll post them all here too now...

To start, here are 2 sprites: Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII, and Minsc from Baldur's gate (Which I bet none of you has ever heard of :whistle:), both based on a Final Fantasy III Warrior.
FighterMinscandCloudStrife.jpg

Here's Gandalf, from The Lord of the Rings, based on a conviniently similar looking Black Mage from Final Fantasy III.
Gandalf.jpg

And here are the hobbits from LotR!
hobbit-1.jpg

And a The Hobbit version of Gandalf:
Gandalf-2.jpg

Here's Eragon, sitting on his dragon Saphira (from The Inheritance Cycle, which is one of the worst series ever. Christopher Paolini sucks :derrr:). Underneath is the sprite out of the which I made (recolored) Saphira:

Eragon.jpg

Here's Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII), as he appears in Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-
Sephiroth-1.jpg

Still from Final Fantasy VII, VIncent Valentine:
VincentValentine.jpg

Here is Drizzt Do'Urden, arguably the most famous character from the D&D Forgotten Realms:
DrizztDoUrden.jpg

This is a little comic I made, about the game Sacred. I just wanted a funny way to show my Seraphim and Jawa sprites :bounce:
jawaseraphimhookersacred.jpg

And now up to some stuff none of you knows. It's from The Greenblade Chronicles, a fantasy series I'm writing. But since (as far as I know...) this forum doesn't have a writing board, I doubt I'll post it here...
Dave.jpg
Davefinalbattl.jpg

Darmil.jpg
Darmilvsdragon.jpg
DaveinNewWorld.jpg

As my first and only Guild Wars sprite (because it was a request from someone), here's Koss. Since he isn't a well known character, there's a screenshot of him too ;)
Koss.jpg
299px-Koss.jpg

Here is my avatar (a recolored Knight from Final Fantasy III), in 16-bit version (basically a recolored Knight from Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls):
16-bitGBG.jpg

And here's some random guy I made upon request:
JohnSinderin.jpg

This is Archon Daggrik, a character from The Legacy of an Empire, a fantasy series which a guy I know is writing.
Nieuw-Bitmapafbeelding4.jpg

And this is Tom Mitchell, the main character of The legend of the Five, a fantasy series being written by a girl I know (Yeah, I know a lot of people who are writing fantasy stories :biggrin:)
Tom.jpg

Here is the recolor I'm most proud of: the famous scene from Zero Wing:
aybabtulq1.png

These are 18-bit Final Fantasy sprites, recolored to resemble their 16-bit versions:
816.jpg

Here's Roy from Fire Emblem, recolored to resemble a Knight (with a Warrior head on it) from Final Fantasy:
FFtoFE.jpg

And here is something I made combining parts of a Final Fantasy III Warrior, Knight, Black mage, and some self-made robes. I like to call it a Fire Mage :biggrin:
FireMage.jpg

So, I hope you guys like my stuff?

Last edited:
Glad you like it! :D
BUt I wouldn't call myself 'good.' On a spriting forum (full of pro spriters), I posted these same sprites, and they were bashed and flamed.
So yeah, I'd say I'm 'alright' :P

EDIT: Oops, didn't see your post, Frisky! Yeah, eve, myself, I still laugh when I see the Jawa with the 'DROOL DROOL' :D

Back