Marshy's Art Works

Marshy

Don't Forget Me.
Veteran
Gil
I don't believe i made an art thread in this section before. If i have, i apologize.

As most people don't know, I'm currently attending an art program at a high school in London, Ontario. Its basically a high school all around it but in the basement, its an art school. Basically, all day for the whole school year i do art all day, Monday to Friday. You do Art History and a Drawing Class for half a period each, every week. Then First semester was Film/Animation and Painting, Second Semester was Textiles and Ceramics, and Third Semester, which i'm currently in, i'm doing Litho/Etching and Illustration. Last semester which starts in a few months is 3D and Photography.

tl;dr: In Art School makin' art.

So i thought i would post some examples of some art works i've made this year so far.. I'll start with a few for now, and if people are interested, i'll post more. If you have any questions, let me know :)

Painting:
Dion Phaneuf (Hockey Player) {Made this before Team Canada picked there teams}:
Art002.jpg

Art004.jpg

Sidney Crosby (Hockey Player):
Art005.jpg

Last years painting or UFC Fighters:
Art011.jpg

Ceramics:
Random Bust made out of red clay. Made to look like a man that's helmet has been smashed:
Front Shot:
Art007.jpg

Above Shot (Hair):
Art008.jpg
'

Coil Pot:
Art010.jpg

Textiles (this is felt. I had to place pieces of felt into cloth and sew the cloth together, then had to apply tons of pressure for about 30 mins.. which was tiring. Then embroided only a bit seeing as this was my first try.:
Art009.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow, Marshy. Your paintings look great and the detail is just awesome. (y) I'd never be able to paint a hockey helmet or even a football helmet for the life of me so I'm really impressed! You did an excellent job here! Major kudos and I love the ceramics. o_o Awesome attention to the detail. Keep up the good work! I hope you post more!

UPDATE:
Some more works i've done this year and a painting from last year.

Textiles (this is felt. I had to place pieces of felt into cloth and sew the cloth together, then had to apply tons of pressure for about 30 mins.. which was tiring. Then embroided only a bit seeing as this was my first try.:
Art009.jpg

Ceramics (Coil Pot):
Art010.jpg

Painting (Last years painting):
Art011.jpg

Art007.jpg

That (y)

Never been able to do one of those before. I did a simple one, so much simpler compare to this >_> :awesome: Loving the detailing and keep it up!

Thanks! That piece was my year end project for ceramics. Took about 3 weeks of hard work each day. I really like how the ear turned out for it (don't have a good picture of it) but it looks really realistic. The head is hollow on the inside, so if i put a light in it, the light will come out the eye because i just pierced a hole where the pupil is xD. Thanks for the comments guys!

Ooh Ive seen your older drawings and wotnotm youve come on loooooads, that first one is ace, lkove the background and his shirt. Youve gotten really good at faces, Im impressed boy!

That clay head is very good as well

Go you :monster:

haha thanks! i tried to paint in Van Gogh style so i used the background of one of his paintings (Starry Night). :)

I shall update some of my new works soon! Currently working in printmaking so i'll scan a few on that i've been workin' on. Also working on a painting of my grandparents when they were youngins'.

I KNEW there was summat familiar about that background, we did some stuff in art on that, i like his painting style, it's snazzy

Etchin' Class:
Lino Cut (hard as balls to cut well. Shit attempt of what my house looks like.):
Art016.jpg

Drypoint(Some crazy ass clown i made scratching into plastic):
Art014.jpg

Shit attempt of 3 silk paintings :sad3::
Art017.jpg

Back