Mario, Zelda or Metroid?

Which one?

• Total voters
Metorid defiantly. But not the newest one. :gonk:

Last edited:
Impossible to choose. There needs to be a/some neutral option(s). I love each series. Mario not as much as Zelda and Metroid though.

However, I will say Samus is the best leading lady out of the three series. Peach/Toadstool is by far the WORST.

Here is my breakdown of the three ladies:

3. Peach - gets kidnapped rather easily and whines about it
2. Zelda - gets kidnapped, however, she tends to put up some sort of fight
1 Samus - who the hell is going to try to kidnap a chick with a freaking cannon on her arm?

But, for the purpose of this thread, I cannot vote since I don't have a definitive answer on which series I think is the best.

I had to choose Metroid as the better series. There's a slightly greater variety to the games than with Zelda. And while the Mario series has a good variety, it's not my choice.

As much as I love Mario, I choose Zelda.

I've been playing them since I was 5 years old, along with Mario. With Mario, I can play with my friends, but I love exploring each world with Zelda. I don't like the two Zelda games on DS very much. I enjoyed them, but I want to walk around, not ride a boat or train.

I've never played any of the Metroid games but I've seen them and I wasn't really interested. Hell, I though Samus was a guy at the start. But It's Zelda for me all the way. Especially Ocarina of Time. I even have an Ocarina. *snickers*

My vote goes for Metroid because of its unique battle system. It is a well balanced challenging mind game. I like how the difficulty of this game stays at the same level throughout the entire game. That's why I voted for Metroid as the best game series.

The Legend of Zelda series is by far the best. I found Metroid to be too easy to get lost in with a decent story (except the latest one *shudders*). Mario is just wickedly overdone and has mostly one story (Your princess is in another goddamn castle. You just went through all of that to find one of the millions of Toads). Zelda, however, is a masterpiece. I have yet to play a Zelda game I didn't like (And no, I've never played the Activision or whatever ones that look like horrible art with poor voice acting, so I can honestly say that), and Twilight Princess was by far the greatest piece of gaming work every made! (Plus playing as a wolf, my favorite animal of all, made it even more enjoyable.) While the main players are just about always the same (Link, Zelda and Gannon). Quite personally Link should leave Zelda for Twilight Princess Midna, but that's just me =P

Link_and_Midna_TP_SPOILERS_by_Garagos.jpg

Mario, hands down.

Zelda games turned to crud after the 64 and windwaker. Metroid Prime never ever interested me. Mario on the other hand... I don't remember ONE of its games that I DIDN'T love. I've played Mario all my life. In a matter of fact it was my first game :lew:

So yeah... I pick Mario. But if I had to choose one game that outdoes mario... it'd be Zelda 64. But as a franchise... I like Mario better. ^_^

For me, its Metroid > Zelda > Mario.

I stupidly voted before I remember who and what Metroid was like, so I voted Zelda. Metroid is probably one of the best female characters to have ever existed (She could own Master Blah blah from Halo *insert hmpf face here*) but it shouldn't really matter. All of them are great, but Zelda and Metroid have this awesomeness to it that nothing can surpass.
Quite.gif

Zelda games are nearly always fun and have some great story. Metroid is just perfect (haven't played the last two new games, or was it one?) in itself. Why? Because it is extremely unique, especially the battle system and story, and characters/monsters.

Mario is great if you want some crazy fun that makes you pull your hair out when Mario decides to jump off a block/cliff to his death instead of over the enemy and to safety. :gonk:

Love all these series, but I'm in a Metroid mood after re-beating the first Prime game this morning so I'll vote for that. I'm still missing a few games from all these series though, specifically Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, and the two DS Zeldas. Mario probably has the best level design, Zelda has the best puzzles, but Metroid is the best for exploration. Metroid and Zelda tie on boss battles. But Metroid has the coolest main character.

Back