Fan Art LukeLC's Sketches (Chocobo and possibly more)

AuronX

aka LukeLC
Veteran
Gil
Edgar's Tent
FFXIV
L'ulech Tia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
I'm kind of just in the learning process of drawing, but I've made some major progress in the last few months. As of right now all I have is one FF related effort, but hopefully with a thread like this open I'll be motivated to do more.

So without further ado, here's my first contribution: Chocobo!

3CUZV.jpg

Sorry the quality of the picture isn't so good; I just used my iPod camera. If (no, when...gotta think positive, right?) I do others I'll use my DSLR instead.

Looks terrific~!!! :ohshit:

That design of the chocobo is my favorite.

Thanks, glad you like it!

That's my favorite design too, which is why I chose to try and draw it first :)
I'm afraid I'm not as good without source material to copy from though...just got to keep practicing, I suppose!

Wow that's a really accurate drawing. Yeah it's hard to draw without a source material, but good job nevertheless!

That is absolutely fantastic! :gasp: It's very accurate. :) Could you post some further examples of your drawings? They don't have to be FF related! ^_^

Don't yell at me for being a bit skeptical, and excuse any form of rudeness that might be said, I don't mean any of it.

That is way too proportional to be an actual freehand drawing, of course, unless you have more art, I would love to see more.

It kinda looks traced imo, but of course that's just me.

It kinda looks traced imo, but of course that's just me.

I'll admit I had trouble getting the beak to look right, so after several failed attempts I held the paper over my computer screen and traced that part out, but once I had the head looking proper, I was able to draw the rest much more accurately as well. For the rest of the body, this was by far not my first attempt, and I'm really picky about getting proportions and such right, so I keep a good eraser close by to tweak every last bit until I'm happy with it :)

Could you post some further examples of your drawings? They don't have to be FF related!

Unfortunately I haven't been into drawing all that long, and most of my other stuff I gave away to people without taking pictures first :P

I think the only other two I have pictures of are these:

ruEIz.jpg
I opened a can of worms!! This was on a whiteboard with dry erase, which unsurprisingly is extremely difficult to draw with :P

rJG1g.jpg
This one's a sketch of a character from a book I'm writing. Heavily inspired by Kasumi Goto from DLC for Mass Effect 2.

I'm working on other FF stuff right now too; I'll be sure to post when I'm finished! :)

My next Final Fantasy drawing is done! It's been a while since I last put a lot of effort into drawing something, so I thought I'd start easy and go for a weapon this time. I think my next target will be a character, but we'll see how ambitious I feel when the time comes :P

Without further ado, I give you: Lightning Farron's Blazefire Saber!
Blazefire_drawing.jpg
It's not as perfectly true to the real thing as I would have liked, and I ran into a little perspective issue that I couldn't quite seem to completely eliminate, but I'm still quite happy with the result considering I'm rather out of practice. As promised, I also used a better camera to snap the photo this time, so you can actually maximize this time to get a good look at it! :)

Let me know what you guys think!

hey hey! can you drwa a moogle? :3

You know what? That's the second request I've gotten today for drawing a moogle! Looks like I know what I'll be doing next, then! ^_^

Finally, I got the requested Moogle picture finished! Sorry this one took me so long...I've been rather busy the last few days, and I actually had to draw this one twice because the first time through I made the stupid mistake of not allowing enough room on the page for the entire picture :gonk:

_DSC0356.JPG

I chose to do the XIII-2 Moogle because it seemed kind of like the best overall representation of Moogles past and present, but I really like the XII Moogles, so I might do one of them, too :)

Hope you all like it!

Attachments

• _DSC0356.JPG
    _DSC0356.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 156
Well, a lot of the clan members have already seen this one, but I suppose I shall add it to my public collection as well, now that it's after Judy's birthday and the surprise won't be spoiled :)

youve captured the emotion really well on Yunas face!

youve captured the emotion really well on Yunas face!

Thanks!

If only Tidus could have turned out as well...I redid his face several times and it just kept getting worse, so eventually I just cut my losses and retraced the best lines that I'd erased :hmmm:

Back