SPOILERS Look who I found on the train

Saberwolf88

Gil
I found Yuffie on the train after blowing up the reactor.

I have a screenshots and videos saved on my PS4. She’s there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad someone is talking about this, but I had to edit your thread title as it dropped spoilers. I've edited your first post to include your original thread title in that.

To your topic, do you mean this girl?

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20200410182559.jpg

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20200410182930.jpg

If I am right in that assumption, while this character is a pickpocket she is actually a different character to Yuffie. She is Kyrie and appears in the FFVII Compilation novel The Kids Are Alright: A Turks Side Story. Her look is quite distinctive. Same clothes as she wears in the official artwork from the novel.

71FC8slmZNL.jpg

I'm not yet at a part of the story in the Remake where the character is officially named anything other than '???' but she has appeared a couple of times. The train being the first time I saw her, but I also noticed her in the Sector 7 slums.

If you mean a different character, I'd love to see the screenshots or video footage of her.

I'm glad someone is talking about this, but I had to edit your thread title as it dropped spoilers. I've edited your first post to include your original thread title in that.

To your topic, do you mean this girl?

If I am right in that assumption, while this character is a pickpocket she is actually a different character to Yuffie. She is Kyrie and appears in the FFVII Compilation novel The Kids Are Alright: A Turks Side Story. Her look is quite distinctive. Same clothes as she wears in the official artwork from the novel.

I'm not yet at a part of the story in the Remake where the character is officially named anything other than '???' but she has appeared a couple of times. The train being the first time I saw her, but I also noticed her in the Sector 7 slums.

If you mean a different character, I'd love to see the screenshots or video footage of her.
Thank you for modifying my post, really appreciate it. And yes I did mean this character. To be honest I assumed it was Yuffie, and no I haven’t gotten anywhere with her name revealed. I just made the assumption it was Yuffie because she was “trying to work” while on the train and figured she was pick pocketing people. I’m not familiar with the side novel so it seems like you have definitely nailed it and I jumped the gun on my theory. I did spot her in sector 7 slums just outside of 7th heaven. Also in the cutscene leaving the train. Thanks for the insight!!!

No problem. :)
Yeah, those are the exact locations I have seen her too. So far.

To be honest your idea was a fair assumption. If I hadn't recognised the character from the novel then I might have thought she was Yuffie too. Both characters have a thing for pickpocketing and they are roughly the same age and build. Their faces are also quite similar.

I enjoyed Kyrie's character in the novel so I'm hoping I get to see more of her as I progress further into the game.

I know the look doesn’t match Yuffie exactly (I.e the outfit / hair) but I thought it was a clever disguise she was using to alter her appearance seeing as she is a ninja/thief by trade.

Interesting scoop that the character in question appeared before the remake - I had no idea of this!

Yeah. There are a surprising number of characters from this same source which have made it into this game.

Leslie Kyle as Don Corneo's doorman in Wall Market is another character from The Kids Are Alright too. In the novel he discusses how he used to work for the Don during darker days. We get to see some of this with our own eyes in the Remake.

And:
Mireille appears here in Sector 5. I won't go into what I know of her from the novel as I'm not sure where she slots in the Remake yet aside from a few scenes in this chapter

I shall keep an eye out for more but I'm surprised we even got these.

I honestly feel like I haven’t lived without this novel. I am a huge ff7 psx fan. I specify the psx game because clearly my exposure to the world created is limited to that and advent children. If I had known this novel existed, it could’ve scratched the itch I’ve been having since I was 6 years old in the way crisis core never quite scratched it. I even played dirge of cerberus like crazy and it was satisfying enough. I am just so happy they finally came out with this remake. I’m sad it took so long but In heinsight I’m glad we have the graphics we have today for it

I honestly feel like I haven’t lived without this novel. I am a huge ff7 psx fan. I specify the psx game because clearly my exposure to the world created is limited to that and advent children. If I had known this novel existed, it could’ve scratched the itch I’ve been having since I was 6 years old in the way crisis core never quite scratched it. I even played dirge of cerberus like crazy and it was satisfying enough. I am just so happy they finally came out with this remake. I’m sad it took so long but In heinsight I’m glad we have the graphics we have today for it

Many have heard of On the Way to a Smile. Far fewer have heard of The Kids Are Alright. It seems to be more overlooked by the fandom.

I wouldn’t say it is essential reading, but the Remake does appear to be rewarding people who have read it with a few Easter eggs.

The Kids Are Alright is a quirky novel in some ways with how the story is told through the eyes of its protagonist (who is sometimes a rather awkward but likeable guy), but I enjoyed it. It gives you a different perspective on things. It is set between the core game and Advent Children but includes references to before Meteorfall as well. Like the Remake, it helps to give a more complete picture of life in Midgar for residents both above and below the plate.

I actually prefer the novel to Advent Children and find it more faithful to the atmosphere of the original than Advent Children seemed to me. That’s just a personal opinion and many will disagree with that. In fact reading this novel (in conjunction with On the Way to a Smile) actually improved my appreciation of Advent Children too because it ties things together a bit better and builds up the lore.

I'm sure you've reached this point by now but that character...
I myself have not read 'The Kids Are Alright'. I think it was a later addition to the compilation compared to the various cases that make up 'On the Way to a Smile'. She is not the only thing taken from the compilation either. I have come across possible alludings to Deepground (however this could easily be hinting towards the Unkown Entities you encounter later) and Hojo himself mentions the S and G types of SOLDIER during the conference meeting at Shinra HQ." Still I think it's pretty neat they have included some of these compilation elements into the new game and in a way it doesn't radically change the story (even more so that it already has done so itself).

Back