Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Shadow Hearts 2!

Hey there peoples, here comes a brand new series! For now, here's the opening to Shadow Hearts 2, ready to start the main series tomorrow!

For those who want to know more, Shadow Hearts 2 (Covenant) is a horror/JRPG mix from back on the PS2. It's known to be the fan favourite so hopefully I get to show that off :).

The people involved are: Midway and Aruze Group/Corp. Of course, I had no involvement in making this game :p.

Finally, here's the YouTube playlist, just in case you want to take a look:

Thanks for watching! Looking forward to getting this one up and running :).

Episode 1 - Karin Meets A Demon

Hey there folks, welcome to the start of Shadow Hearts 2! Today, we meet Karin! She'll be joining Nicolai for a bit of time at Apoina Tower; our first dungeon!

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit! :)

This is one of my favorite games, greens. If have any questions for things you may not have done or might want to show off go ahead and ask me. Looking forward to this LP of yours.

This is one of my favorite games, greens. If have any questions for things you may not have done or might want to show off go ahead and ask me. Looking forward to this LP of yours.

Whenever I think of this game, I think of when you used to help me through it :). Thanks for the offer. At the same time, I'd probably not notice where I'm missing stuff so if you have any advice, I'd appreciate it :).

--------------------------------------------

Episode 2 - Babes In Toyland

Hey peoples, today we see how Apoina Tower wraps up and then head on over to Domremy, which is one of my favourite enemy-filled towns in any JRPG! Lots of important plot to kick the game off, but what's more important is that we get to kill toy ducks and lions. Quack. Squeak. Roar.

Finally, we are given a whole new party of 3! I love me some Geppetto :D. I love those old people characters who don't hold back.

Episode 3 - From Within Yuri's Soul

Hey there peoples, it's time for our first major boss! Sure, we fought a boss back in the first dungeon but this is a wee bit more involved. Arachne also introduces poison; the first of the status ailments!

Thanks so much for watching! We'll join our new party for more next time! :)

Episode 4 - Gay Paris!

Hey there folks, today we head into Paris! So many of the sidequests start here, but none of them are overly intrusive and feel natural as you progress throughout the game. I think that's one of the things SH2 does so well :).

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit!

P.S. I've added the black bars to stretch the video less. If anyone can get back to me to say if this is better, I'll be really grateful :s.

Episode 4b - Listening To Paris

Hey all, today we have a listen to one of my favourite songs in the game. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :).

Thanks for listening! See you in a bit! :)

If you can go back to the Doremy forest you will want to do so, you missed a crest there. Once you get the Solmon's map and can place crest you want to make sure not to miss any since if you place all the crests correctly from a group you get extra spells.

Also slight correction on your ring effect items like the posion-1 etc. Just because you have it equipped doesn't mean the status will occur. The number 1 which says weak effect indicated the probability of it occurring, there are 4 levels to every ring effect with 4 being the strongest and best chance to occur on any of your physical attack bar enemy being immune.

Also damn you xD, you doing this LP has me replaying it now.

Also slight correction on your ring effect items like the posion-1 etc. Just because you have it equipped doesn't mean the status will occur. The number 1 which says weak effect indicated the probability of it occurring, there are 4 levels to every ring effect with 4 being the strongest and best chance to occur on any of your physical attack bar enemy being immune.

Also damn you xD, you doing this LP has me replaying it now.

Ohhh gotcha. I noticed it said weak so it makes sense now. I'll also make sure to check and see if I can get back to the forest next time, though it'll be a few episodes away if I can since I've recorded ahead 2 episodes lol.

Yes! I'm glad you're playing and watching too! It reminds me of back when we used talk about the LPs a lot years back :lew:.

-----------------------------------------------------

Episode 5 - I Choo-Choo-Choose You

Hey there folks, it's time to head into the subway! Yeah, it's that dungeon that always seems to pop up in JRPGs and that is always bland as hell but at least you get to laugh at me getting lost, you sadistic cretins.

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit for the junk shop and...more choo choo action. Yee-haw...

Yeah you should work on your combos, it's always useful to combo in any fight and just start unloading on your enemies. Combos will be a life saver for your boss fights, so not do only combos help do higher damage(when you combo to a char to build affinity they will do more dmg for going after them and max affinity is 99) but at the end of a 4 person combo you can do the fusion magic which while costly at 64 mp right now it does good damage.

Yeah you should work on your combos, it's always useful to combo in any fight and just start unloading on your enemies. Combos will be a life saver for your boss fights, so not do only combos help do higher damage(when you combo to a char to build affinity they will do more dmg for going after them and max affinity is 99) but at the end of a 4 person combo you can do the fusion magic which while costly at 64 mp right now it does good damage.

Thanks LJs. I'll have to try and do better with those for sure. I seem to be doing fine on bosses as it is right now but I'm sure they get tougher. Can you do regular spells during combos and do they get a damage boost too?

------------------------------------------

Episode 6 - Trouble Underground!

Hey there folks, today we're grabbing some stuff from the junk shop and fighting a boss (two bosses?) back down in the subway! Castor and Pollux are pretty simple so long as you take them down quickly and take advantage of their weaknesses; use water against Castor and fire against Pollux!

Finally, we make it to Le Havre, which is such a relaxing place after everywhere we've been to date. I mean...it'll still have its problems but more on that next time!

Yeah you can do crest spells in combo and they get damage increase, you can also have Yuri do his fusion and not lose the combo as well. But still good to combo even early because it may get you after battle boss bonuses, such as enemy action ones where less turns for the enemy the better, ring no miss or ring perfect. some times it's extra money, soul, or exp other times it may be a bonus item like a lottery ticket.

Yeah you can do crest spells in combo and they get damage increase, you can also have Yuri do his fusion and not lose the combo as well. But still good to combo even early because it may get you after battle boss bonuses, such as enemy action ones where less turns for the enemy the better, ring no miss or ring perfect. some times it's extra money, soul, or exp other times it may be a bonus item like a lottery ticket.

I like the sound of extra lottery tickets. I'll really have practice a bit. I've recorded a little bit ahead but I'll try and get into the habit of using combos more lol.

-----------------------------------------

Episode 7 - The Night Knockers

Hey there folks, here comes Le Havre! It's a nice little port town with ships that take you over to England. For now though, we have some night work to do and a new party member to obtain!

Episode 8 - For A Bottle Of Wine

Hey there peoples, today we're heading on over to the Wine Cellar to kick a giant frog's arse! This dungeon is actually a bit less maze-like to me so I like it quite a bit :).

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit!

P.S. Hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

yeah future f.y.i on the seals use them in battle and it does bring up a ring, orange area gets you two points and red 3, while in the menu one. Also some dungeons like the one you just did will have you control a specific character on screen that sadly can't be changed for the duration of the dungeon. Most of these will be in the character specific side quest ones and not a whole lot in the actual story.

yeah future f.y.i on the seals use them in battle and it does bring up a ring, orange area gets you two points and red 3, while in the menu one. Also some dungeons like the one you just did will have you control a specific character on screen that sadly can't be changed for the duration of the dungeon. Most of these will be in the character specific side quest ones and not a whole lot in the actual story.

I realised about the seals after :s. Luckily in time before I wasted too many stat increases. Thanks for the heads up though :). Good to know about the characters showing in certain dungeons too. I was playing around off camera for ages.

----------------------------------------

Episode 9 - A Dark And Stormy Night

Hey peoples, today we're heading on over to the Port Of Southampton but it's a wee bit stormy over there...

There a wolf bount and chest mini game back in the wine celler, wolf bout should be in the boss room chest mini game to the left, believe there is 3 levels unlocked at various points in the game,1st should be stud card, 2nd a crest, 3rd a soul drop(max grade fusions)

There a wolf bount and chest mini game back in the wine celler, wolf bout should be in the boss room chest mini game to the left, believe there is 3 levels unlocked at various points in the game,1st should be stud card, 2nd a crest, 3rd a soul drop(max grade fusions)

Ok, so do you think it's best to wait until the end of the game to do the chest minigame since they unlock at different times? All 3 rewards are pretty grand :s. Thanks again.

--------------------------------------

Episode 10 - Those Mines O' Mine

Hey there folks, welcome to the Rhondda Mine! I don't quite understand how some mines that are in Wales are supposed to be a pathway to Wales but...I'm liking the mention of welsh places at least!

This place is tricky to navigate since it's so dark and...a wee bit samey (the same as the wine cellar really) but at least we haven't missed anything! Maybe :/.

Back