L

Iller than Radiation
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ellen Stone
FFXIV Server
Adamantoise
I don't think there were any treasure chests in FFVIII. That's kinda messed up, donch'a think?

Wasn't there one in the Desert Prison? I'm not sure where, but I think it was in one of the cells :unsure:
I don't think treasure chests would fit into the FFVIII world. It just wouldn't be right to have them there

Wasn't there one in the Desert Prison? I'm not sure where, but I think it was in one of the cells :unsure:
I don't think treasure chests would fit into the FFVIII world. It just wouldn't be right to have them there

yeah i think ther was one in the desert prison in one of the cells ithink
i cud be wrong tho.

It's probably because FFVIII has less of a focus on items. They aren't as important in battle as I suppose magic and your GFs. You don't get weapons that way either because you remodel them with other items you can refine with GF abilities, and you usually get them through battles instead of finding them on the floor. Even the magazines aren't in treasure chests, and the characters don't wear armor. The special items like Solomon's Ring are in plain view. I suppose they've eliminated the concept of the treasure chest in favor of the item just being there on the ground.

there was one in the prison. i agree though, i dont think chests would of really worked.

It's probably because FFVIII has less of a focus on items. They aren't as important in battle as I suppose magic and your GFs. You don't get weapons that way either because you remodel them with other items you can refine with GF abilities, and you usually get them through battles instead of finding them on the floor. Even the magazines aren't in treasure chests, and the characters don't wear armor. The special items like Solomon's Ring are in plain view. I suppose they've eliminated the concept of the treasure chest in favor of the item just being there on the ground.
Truthfully, I never really noticed any of that.

Damn, I never realized that myself either. I was gonna add in that maybe there was Gil in them if they had treasure chests...but then I remembered that you only really obtained Gil as a SeeD salaray for those tests...

Weirdness.

know what i just noticed?

Not really...i found it refreshing to not have to open every single chest in the game for once, it can get rather annoying, though if you dont have a strategy book, every treasure may be potential gold for some final fantasy players......I used to hate opening a treasure chest thinking something valuable was inside only to find something inside of it i have 99 of and i cant carry anymore, what a waste.

not having treasure chests makes a point of realism I tihnk, how often do you walk down the road and see an unlocked treasure chest, or any treasure chest for that matter, being as its set around our timezone it just makes sense

not having treasure chests makes a point of realism I tihnk, how often do you walk down the road and see an unlocked treasure chest, or any treasure chest for that matter, being as its set around our timezone it just makes sense

True, you make a good point, this FF was more of a realistic feel, giving the characters more of a close to human look

Yeah I notcied there were an abesense of chest, but as Pooley mentioned they wouldnt have really fitted into the FFVIII world. Just seemed misplaced, although they look ok IMO in VII.

What are you talking about? There are unlocked treasure chests everywhere i walk...I just cant find the keys to them......they are rather annoying sitting in the middle of the street and I trip over them constantly...then again where i live Santa Claus is real and every house is made of cookies so...........

Back