Kitase: "Final Fantasy Versus XIII might miss 2011" [8/24]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
SE-No-Commit-Versus-13-2011.jpg

Ever since Final Fantasy Versus XIII was teased way back at E3 2006, gamers have been tentatively hoping for a) more information about the game and b) some inkling as to when it might actually get released. Well, they might get the first part at some point this year, but the second part really doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon.

We had a chance to sit down with Yoshinori Kitase at GamesCom and he's one of the producers on the game. We asked if we could hope to see Final Fantasy Versus XIII during 2011 and he replied with the following.

"We have no release date information to update. Unfortunately we can't say anything about that. We can't commit ourselves to 2011 either."

So, it looks like we might have to wait until 2012 or later to get our hands on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, bummer.

Source: Gaming Union

That's not shocking in the slightest. They're probably going to hype it up like they did with FFXIII and release it and we'll all realize that it's shit anyway. Just like with FFXIII. :hmph:

Even though this one looks miles better than FFXIII, I'm sure they'll figure out how to disappoint us all in the end. -__-

I can't say I'm eagerly anticipating Versus XIII, tbh, but I'll probably go out and buy it. I can only imagine the riots that will ensue if after anticipating the game for years, it turned out to be utter trash. :dave:

Oh what a bummer. This really really sucks :sad3: I really hope its 2011 and not 2012. I want this game. It is at the top of my list and I dont want it in 2012 :sad3: Stupid world apocalypse bullshit :gasp:

It's pretty poor really, the game got revealed at E3 2006 which means it was probably in development since mid-late 2005 and that it's predicted to be 2012 or later. I think somewhere up the hierarchy someone needs to get Square-Enix's priorities straight because it shouldn't take 7 or more years to develop this game.

More bad news about my beloved game. Honestly, they really should have kept their traps shut about it in 2006 because I am sick and tired of waiting for this game while they put out everything else under the sun. Plus, knowing Square they'll decide to port it to the Xbox and it will take yet another year....and by the time they actually finish the game, they'll have made the PS4 and they'll have to start all over again :monster:

If Versus turns out to be crap after six years of waiting for it, I'll have lost all hope in the company and I'm done with Final Fantasy. After six years of bs-ing around on it, theres no room for any excuses. It should be absolutely flawless.

Last edited:
hmmmm....
I think they're playing with us.

I think they're farther along than they are saying.

I also think the game will be ready sooner than they are admitting.The question is how much stuff will they leave out of the game due to technical problems. How much will they leave out because they don't consider it important.
I hope they realize their mistakes with FFXIII and don't leave out towns, cities, npc interactions, the main base of the heroes, traditional foes, monsters and summons, and the other things such as compelling characters and a sensible plot that fans can believe in.

shrugs.

But I do think the game will be ready sooner than Kitase is admitting. Whether they will release it then or hold it up to build excitment and milk it for all it's worth remains to be seen.

Versus is one huge example of SE putting the cart before the horse. Why feel the need to announce the game back in 2006 if it was still in its very infant stages? It's probably a hype reason and this could well backfire quite badly for SE. If Versus turns out to be as controversial as FFXIII, SE may give itself an early funeral.

EDIT: No, I take that back. SE will still be fine even if Versus is rubbish. People will continue to buy its future games anyway.

Last edited:
My best guess would be that they were unprepared for some of the criticism directed towards FF XIII and now they are spending time addressing these in Versus. Either that or they are just lazy bastards with a lousy development culture ;)

I'd probably hope for a late 2011 and 2012 for Europe,America Worldwide.............Just like FFXIII

But still that is late...........I would've thought that I'd be able to buy this game by at least this time next year............

I think SE just make too many bullshit games (Kane and Lynch/NIER etc etc) rather than focus on FF and KH and a few other games (since they wanna make so much money)...........thats what probably takes all this time...........

or it's probably what there sorting out from the mistakes of FFXIII whatever it was (cause I enjoyed XIII)...........

But like Fluer said announcing a game waaay back in 2006 and saying something like it's gonna get released in 2012 takes the piss seriously!! :rage:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back