Kitase: Final Fantasy titles shouldn’t take as long to develop in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
ffxiii26.jpg

At GamesCom, Yoshi Kitase and Motomu Toriyama from Square Enix told VG247 that Final Fantasy games shouldn’t take as long to develop in the future.
During the conversation, we mentioned CEO of Square Enix Yoichi Wada’s comment regarding the firm “taking too long to produce games”, to see if they were in agreement.
Us at GamesCom: Yoichi Wada has said that he wants the development rate to go a bit faster. Is this possible and what is the development team doing to help speed things along for the future?
FFXIII’s Yoshi Kitase and Motomu Toriyama, speaking through a translator: For FFXIII there are a lot of firsts, and because it’s a new console that the teams are working on, it took a little time for the team to get used to everything. Now that they have the engine built for it the basics are covered, so the development time for future projects should be shortened.
Still, it may not be as simple as Wada thinks (laughing).
Hopefully, what this means, is that it won’t take what feels like ten years in between titles.

Source: VG247

As long as they don't cut the quality, I'm down for faster production. (I was going to say it doesn't seem that long since FF12 came out, but yeah... it's almost been three years. It was a long time for me after FF10 because I didn't play FF11.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back