Fan Fiction KINGDOMS END: The Story of Kisama Kagura

Basch1990

Blue Mage
Gil
This is a Kingdom Hearts fan fic i have been writing for a few years.... its not complete but i would love honest opinions in PM instead of as a reply on here... im afraid im not all that great at figuring out how to write a book so i am getting help to actually look through it and find what i need to fix... but anyways this is a story about a boy who lost his parents to the heartless... please enjoy

PROLOGUE

It was a dark, stormy night. At the Kagura house, things were hectic. Kisara had finally gone into labor. Kurasuma was trying to figure out what to do. The doctor was late.

"Oh where is he. Dammit. He should have been here an hour ago," he said while pacing in the living room.

Kisara was lying on the couch, moaning as the babies were trying to get out. "Honey, stop worrying. He will be here soon."

Just as she said that the doorbell rang. "Thank god! He's here!" He went and opened the door. There was the doctor.

"Thank you, my good man," said the doctor with a smile. The doctor was dripping with water from the rain. He took his coat off. Kurasuma took it and hung it up on the coat rack.

Kurasuma just looked at the doctor and said, "Why are you so late? What would have happened if you got here too late?"

Kisara glared at him. "Kurasuma! That's enough. It's not too late so as far as I'm concerned he made it on time."

Kurasuma bowed, "I'm sorry doctor. I just don't know what I would have done if I had lost her."

The doctor looked at him and chuckled, "It's alright, young man. I'm sure I would have said the same thing. Losing the ones you love most is very hard. I know." The doctor looked away. His face looked sad and depressed. "I had a wife and two kids. Sad thing is I outlived all of them." The doctor smiled again. "But that's all in the past now. I live to help those in need." He looked at Kisara. "You ready?" he asked.

Kisara nodded. "Lets do this. Honey, will you hold my hand please?" She held her hand out to Kurasuma.

He walked over to her and grabbed her hand. "Sure. I'm here for you, so be strong," he said with a smile. "I'll never let go."

"I know. I love you," she said just as the pain started again. She began to moan and groan, as she said, "OK. Let's get them out."

The doctor smiled. "Yes. Let's." Just as he put his gloves on the doorbell rings. "I wonder who that would be."

"I don't know." He looked at Kisara and said, "I'll be right back. I promise." He ran to open the door and found his older brother standing soaking wet in the rain. "Kisagi! You came." He walked out and gave his brother a hug.

Kisagi laughed. "Do you honestly think I'm going to miss the day my younger brother's life turns to hell?" He smiled.

Kisara began to moan again. Kurasuma looked at the door to the living room. He then looked back at Kisagi. "We can catch up later," he said. "Come on in."

Kurasuma hurried back into the living room. "I'm back. Now let's get this over with." He nodded at the doctor.

"OK, Kisara. Breathe," the doctor told her. Kisara began to take deep breathes. "Yes. That's it. Keep breathing." Kisara began to scream. Kurasuma also began to scream. "That's it. Come on. I see the head now," the doctor said.

Kurasuma was struggling with the pain in his left hand. Kisara was squeezing it so hard because of the pain, but he sucked it up. This is nothing compared to what shes feeling now.

In a few minutes the house was filled with the sound of a baby crying. "One down, one to go," commented the doctor.

Kisagi sat there watching. Amazed at how strong Kisara and Kurasuma were.

Kisara began to scream again as the second baby began to come out. "You're doing great," commented the doctor.

The baby finally came out, but the odd thing was it didn't cry at all. It just stared at Kisara with his blood red eyes. Kisara screamed.

She gave the first baby his name. "Kisama," she said with a smile. The second child she didn't even want to name. She shot an angry look at Kurasuma. "Get that thing out of my sight," she said with a snarl.

Kurasuma looked confused. "Why? He hasn't done anything wrong," he said.

Kisara just glared at him angrily and said, "Just get it out of my house."

As Kurasuma walked towards the door, he looked at the baby. "Your name will be Kisaru," he said with a smile. Kurasuma got out a piece of paper and a pen from the table in the hallway and began writing a note. He then walked out side with Kisaru.

CHAPTER ONE: The Incident

7 years later

It was a beautiful day in Traverse Town. The kids were all running and playing in the second district courtyard. Kisama was among them.

"HA HA. YOU CAN'T CATCH ME!" yelled Kisama to the other kids. They looked at him then back at each other and smiled. They then began chasing him.

"We'll get you this time, Kisama," said one of the kids. They chased him all the way into the third district.

Kisama just smiled as they chased him. He ran right into first district. The kids all ran through the door after him, but Kisama had disappeared.

"Where did he go?" one of the kids said. "Jeez this kid is fast." They began to search through First district but they couldn't find him at all.

Kisama hid in a crate in the ally way. He sat there and waited for them to give up. He then fell asleep.

After about an hour he woke up. He climbed out of the crate. The kids had all gone home. "Heh. Guess I was too good for them," he bragged. He smiled all the way to the second district.

When he walked through the door he felt a strange presence. He looked around but found nobody. He began to get scared so he ran the rest of the way to his house.

He burst into the front door. "Mom, I'm home!" he yelled. He took off his jacket and hung it up on the coat rack.

Kisara was in the kitchen making dinner. "Hi, Sweety. How was your day today?" she asked.

"It was fun. All the other kids chased me, but they couldn't catch me as usual. I went and hid in a crate in the first district but they never found me," he said with a proud look on his face. "So is dad still training in the caverns?"

Kisara looked at him as he walked into the kitchen and smiled. "Yes. He should be home soon," she told him. "Go upstairs and wash up. Dinner will be done soon."

"OK!" he called back to her as he ran down the hall. He went upstairs to the bathroom and began to wash his hands when the door opened. He knew it was his dad so he hurried up and washed his hands. As soon as he was done he quickly wiped his hands and ran down the stairs. "DADDY!" He yelled.

Kurasuma turned around and held out his arms. "There's my big man," he said as Kisama jumped into his arms. "You ready for dinner?"

"Yes," he said. He showed his dad how clean they were. "I just finished washing my hands."

Kurasuma smiled and said, "That's my boy."

"Dinner is ready." Kisara called from the kitchen. Kisama and Kurasuma walked into the dinning room and sat down. Kisara walked in carrying a roast pig, salad, and some vegetables. She set it all down and sat down herself. "Alright let's dig in," she said with a smile.

"Looks good, Mom," Kisama said. He started packing his plate with everything he could. As soon as he did that he began eating happily. "Wow, Mom. It's Really good," he said while stuffing his mouth.

Kisara gave him a warning look and said, " Don't talk with your mouth full."

Kisama finished swallowing his food. "Sorry, Mom," he said.

Kurasuma looked at Kisama and asked, "So how was your day today?"

Kisama smiled and said, "It was fun." The rest of the dinner was silent. "Thank you for dinner, Mom. I'm stuffed," he complimented. He then went upstairs and took a shower.

When he was done he went into his room and got ready for bed. Kisara came in after he was nice and comfy in his bed and she tucked him in. As she got up to walk out of the room, Kisama asked, "Read me a bedtime story, please?"

"Alright. But only one," she said as she grabbed the book and sat down on the side of the bed. She read to him till he fell asleep.

Kisara stood up and kissed him on the forehead. "Goodnight, sweety," she whispered.

Later that night Kisama awoke to a sound from outside. He got up and walked to the window and looked out but there was nothing there. Then he heard a crash downstairs. "Mom! Dad! Are you there?" he asked as he began walking down the steps.

He walked into the kitchen and saw his mom and dad lying on the floor and a bunch of heartless surrounded them. The heartless crawled up to them and reached into their chests and took their hearts. The moment the hearts left the bodies, Kisara and Kurasuma turned into heartless.

Kisama watched in horror. "NO!" he screamed. The heartless looked at him. Kisama turned around and ran out the door screaming for help. Nobody came out.

He ran with the heartless close behind him. he ran towards the door to the third district but as he turned the corner, more heartless appeared. He was trapped. They had surrounded him.

As the heartless drew closer Kisama got even more scared. Then the heartless leaped at him and Kisama screamed. There was a flash of light. Then everything went dark.

CHAPTER 2: Excalibur

When Kisama finally woke up, he found himself in a bed. The house he was in was circular and filled with books and a small staircase that led to the chair and table in the center. He saw a curtain and he got up and looked out. Outside he saw a lake that surrounded the house in what looked like a cave.

"Where is this?" he asked himself. Then he realized where it was. "This is the Mystic Cavern."

He got up and walked outside and went down to the lake. "You should be in bed getting some rest," said a voice behind him.

Kisama jumped and turned around. An old man was standing there. He had on a blue robe and a tall pointed hat and he had a long white beard. "MERLIN!" Kisama yelled. He ran up to Merlin an gave him a big hug.

Merlin laughed. "How are you, my boy?" Merlin motioned for Kisama to walk with him back up to the house.

Kisama walked back up to the house silently. When they got inside he collapsed and began to cry. "They're gone. I couldn't do anything."

Merlin knelt down next to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "It's OK, my boy. They are still alive though. I've already begun researching how to turn them back. Now tell me exactly what happened," Merlin told him.

Kisama began his story of the events of the previous night. Merlin sat there, intrigued by what had taken place.

"Hm. Very interesting," He said when Kisama had finished. Merlin stood up and walked over to Kisama. "You might actually have the power."

Kisama looked confused. "What power?" he asked.

Merlin smiled and said, "Why, the power of the keyblade of course. Do me a favor and close your eyes." Kisama did as he was told. "Good now listen to whats deep in your heart and say what it is you hear."

Kisama listened. All he heard was one name. "Excalibur," he said and what looked like a key appeared in his hand. It was a brilliant orange and green. Kisama looked at it amazed. "What is it?" he asked Merlin.

Merlin stared at it with a smile. He looked at Kisama and said, "That is a keyblade. It is a powerful sword that can destroy heartless and Nobodies."

"What are heartless and Nobodies?" Kisama asked. Kisama was very interested. He sat down to listen to Merlin.

Merlin sat back down in his chair and began to explain. "Heartless are those who have had their hearts taken. Nobodies are the alternates of the people who turn into heartless. Does that make sense?"

Kisama looked at Merlin and said, "Somewhat. So I'm supposed to destroy these things called heartless and and also the Nobodies?"

"That is correct," Merlin said. He was surprised at how quickly Kisama caught on. "It is a dangerous job. With the keyblade comes great responsibility. There are people who want to use the keyblade and also break them."

Kisama was confused now. He asked, "Who would want to do that. The keyblade protects people right."

"That is true, but there are people who wish to destroy the worlds for their own desires to come true." Merlin's face became serious. "Beware of those in black cloaks. They are called Organization XIII," he warned.

Kisama nodded. "OK." Kisama wanted to ask who the organization was but decided not to.

Merlin stood up. "Well, my boy, I must be off. I have to go back to Radiant Gardens so I can help the Knights of the Keyblade," he said.

Kisama looked at Merlin and frowned. "Can I come with?" Kisama asked as Merlin began packing with his magic.

"I'm sorry, my boy, but not just yet," Merlin said with a smile. "Maybe in a few years and once you've trained a bit."

Kisama looked at the keyblade that was still in his hands. "Merlin. Will you teach me magic, please?"

Merlin stopped packing and turned around to face Kisama. "Are you sure?" he asked.

Kisama smiled and said, "Of course."

"Alright. We begin training right away," Merlin said. He then pointed his wand at the ceiling and part of it began to float down. Merlin and Kisama stepped onto it and it began to rise. Kisama began his training.

Chapter 3: Organization XIII

3 years later

Kisama was inside Merlin's house still training in magic. "FIRAGA!" He yelled as he pointed his keyblade at the moving dresser. A giant fireball shot out of the tip and blew it away. He then turned to face the chair and yelled, "THUNDAGA!" and a bolt of lightning shot down from the sky and blew it away.

"OK let's take a break," Merlin suggested. He waved his wand and two chairs and a table came floating over. Then a silver platter with two cups and a tea pot came floating down as well. "You are getting very good, my boy. You have mastered the art of curing, time, gravity, fire, lightning, and wind. All that's left is ice," commented Merlin.

Kisama smiled. "Thank you, Master Merlin," Kisama said after he finished off his tea.

Merlin smiled and asked, "How many times have i told you not to call me master?"

Kisama laughed, "As many as it takes. Well its time to master ice." Kisama got up and began his training again. He pointed his keyblade at a moving table and yelled, "BLIZZAGA!" Balls of ice shot out of the tip in different directions. One of them hit the table and destroyed it. "Well that takes care of that," he said with a smile.

Merlin smiled at Kisama and said, "Well, Kisama. This is it. There is nothing more I can teach you. You've mastered it all. I must go now to the headquarters of the Knights of the Keyblade."

Kisama nodded, "Yes, Master Merlin. I will stay here and protect others from the heartless and the Nobodies."

"Atta boy," said Merlin. "And stop calling me master. Well let's go on downstairs, shall we?"

Kisama nodded and stepped onto the spot on the floor and it began do lower itself down. As soon as they were down, Merlin set down his bag, opened it, and waved his wand. All of his things began to float and shrink into his bag.

Kisama looked at Merlin. "Thank you for everything," he said. "I couldn't have done it without you."

Merlin chuckled. "Well I must be off."

Kisama ran up to him and gave him a big hug. "I'll miss you, Merlin," he said as tears welled up in his eyes.

"I'll miss you, too," he said as he hugged him back. He let go of Kisama and walked outside. Kisama followed him. Merlin jumped for one of the floating stones in the water. He missed and fell in. As Merlin climbed up onto the stone coughing, Kisama fell on the ground laughing.

As Merlin began drying himself off Kisama got up with tears in his eyes from all the laughing he did. "Well i think I'll go on ahead," he said. Kisama began jumping across the rocks. Once he got to the other side he waved at Merlin. He ran outside into the third district.

Merlin smiled. "Good luck, my boy," Merlin said and he disappeared.

Kisama began walking towards the door to the first district when a black shadow appeared out of nowhere. A man in a black cloak walked out of it. Excalibur appeared in Kisama's hand and instantly he knew this man was dangerous. "Who are you?" He asked.

The man faced him. "My name is not important. I see you wield a keyblade. You are Kisama are you not?" asked the cloaked man.

Kisama looked surprised. "How do you know my name and what do you want from me?" asked Kisama.

The cloaked man just laughed. He then raised his had and the sound of metal came crashing down behind him. He watched as they began to piece together. The head came falling down after it was done.

"What is that?" Kisama asked. He turned around to look at the cloaked man, but he had disappeared.

Kisama looked back at the giant metal monster. He then looked at his keyblade.

As Kisama looked at it, the metal monster charged at him. Kisama looked at it as it swung its fist at him. It knocked Kisama across the courtyard into the wall. Kisama fell to the ground, coughing. He then stood up and looked at it.

Kisama charged at it and pointed his keyblade at its torso and yelled, "FIRAGA!" The fireball slammed it in the chest but it didn't destroy it. The metal monster charged again. This time it grabbed Kisama and squeezed him. Kisama cried out in pain. Then there was a flash of light.

Kisama fell to the ground on his back. He stood up to find the metal monster in pieces scattered about the courtyard. "What happened?" Kisama asked.

"Hm. You have great power, young one. You did an excellent against that Guard Armour. How would you like to join us?" Kisama looked around to see who said that. He looked up and saw the cloaked man on the roof of one of the buildings.

Kisama scowled. "Why would I want to join you?" he asked. He was seething with anger.

The cloaked man laughed. "Because we can give you your parents back."

Kisama just looked at him. "How do you know I lost my parents?" he asked.

"We the people of Organization XIII know everything about whoever has a keyblade." said the cloaked man.

Kisama was shocked. "Organization XIII?"

The cloaked man disappeared into the shadows again and reappeared right next to Kisama. He brought down his hood. He had sleek, pointy black hair and bluish silver eyes. "My name is Xeras," he said.

"Can you really give me my parents?" he asked eagerly.

Xeras chuckled. "Yes we can, my young friend. We can even change them back," said Xeras.

'Merlin told me to be careful of these guys,' Kisama thought to himself, 'but they can help me find my parents.' Kisama looked straight into Xeras' eyes and said, "I'll join."

Xeras laughed. "You made the right decision," he said with an evil smile. He opened what looked like a portal and said, "This is called the Portal to Darkness. Inside is the Corridor of Darkness. Please step inside?"

Kisama did as he was asked. As he stepped inside Xeras followed. Then the portal vanished.

Chapter 4: The World that Never Was

Kisama and Xeras began walking through the darkness. As they walked, Kisama noticed a white light in the distance. As they walked it got bigger and bigger till finally it opened up into a city. The city was dark and nobody walked the streets.

Kisama looked around in awe. "What is this place?" Kisama asked enthusiastically.

Xeras looked at Kisama and laughed. "This place is known as The World that Never Was."

"The World that Never Was?" Kisama repeated curiously. He looked straight up and saw stars in the sky just like back at home. "The stars are beautiful," he said in wonder.

Xeras laughed again. "I guess they are. So you like the stars?" Xeras asked.

"I do. They make me forget about my problems," he answered truthfully.

"Well the stars shine all the time here. I'll be sure to give you a room with a skylight. That way you can see the stars before you go to bed," Xeras smiled at Kisama.

Kisama looked at him amazed.

"What is it?" asked Xeras.

Kisama smiled and said, "You don't seem like a bad guy. Merlin told me to watch out for you guys because you do bad things."

"Did he?" Xeras asked. 'That old man is beginning to get on my last nerve,' Xeras thought as they came up to a giant fortress.

Kisama stared at it with awe. "What is this place?" he asked.

"This is called The Castle That Never Was. This is our main base of operations," Xeras chuckled, "and your new home. You will train here till we think you are ready to do field work."

Kisama was puzzled. "What kind of field work?" he asked curiously.

"You will find out soon enough," Xeras said.

Kisama was very curious. He really wanted to know what the field work was going to be like, but he knew he wasn't going to find out till he's ready. "Let's do this," He said enthusiastically.

The walked through the front gates into the castle. Kisama was amazed. It was so huge inside. They walked along a path. Kisama walked to the edge and looked over trying to see the bottom, but he couldn't see it. "How deep is it?" he asked curiously.

Xeras continued to walk. "I'd move away or you just might find out the quick way."

Kisama jumped away from the edge. "Sorry," he apologized as he ran after Xeras. They walked into an elevator. As Kisama stepped onto it, it began to rise.

Before the elevator stopped, Xeras moved towards the exit. The elevator stopped and he got off. Kisama ran after him.

They came out into a long hallway that had 13 doors. "What's behind those doors?" Kisama asked very curiously.

"Those are the rooms for the 13 members of Organization XIII. We are currently filling those rooms with new people." Xeras answered as he walked down the halls.

Xeras walked down the hall till he came to an orange door where he stopped. He then turned around to face Kisama. "We're here," he said pointing to the door next to him.

Kisama stared at the door for a few seconds and slowly began to walk towards it. He reached out and turned the knob and opened it. The room was big. He walked inside. There was a big king size bed that lay right beneath a skylight. There was also a big sliding glass door that led out to a balcony that look out over the city.

Kisama was amazed. "This is all for me?" he asked in awe. He ran to the sliding glass door and opened it. He walked out on the balcony.

Xeras walked to the sliding glass door. "Yes it is. Now get some sleep. You've got a big day tomorrow," Xeras informed.

Kisama smiled and said, "OK. Goodnight, Xeras."

Xeras walked out of the room and shut the door behind him. Kisama climbed in bed and stared at the stars through the skylight. 'I wonder why I have a big day tomorrow,' he thought to himself. As he stared at the stars his eye began to close and he drifted off into a deep sleep.

Chapter 5: First Mission and Family Reunited

Kisama woke up and stretched his limbs. He then sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. Suddenly he jump up confused. "Oh. Right," he said as he recalled the events of the past night.

He walked over to the bathroom and went inside. He turned on the the sink and washed his face. When he finished he looked at himself in the mirror.

He noticed his hair was getting too long for his taste so he reached into the top drawer and found a pair of scissors. He grabbed chunks of hair in the back and began snipping it off. As he cut he threw it into the trash can.

Once he was done he had cut the back short but spiky and he left the sides long but he spiked them diagonally backwards.

Satisfied he walked back into his room and he noticed the cloak at the end of his be. He walked over to it and picked it up.

'This is proof that I have joined the organization.' Kisama thought to himself. He put the cloak on and grabbed some elixirs and hi-potions.

He walked to his door and opened it up. He walked out into the hall and turned to lock it as it closed. He then turned and walked towards the elevator when he ran into something and fell to the floor.

"Ouch. Sorry about that," Kisama apologized. Kisama looked up to see a big guy towering over him.

The big guy looked down at Kisama and snarled. He then continued walking down the hall to his room. As soon as the door was closed Kisama stood up and walked towards the elevator.

As Kisama walked into the center of the elevator it began to descend. As soon as the elevator stopped Kisama walked off and through a short hallway.

The hallway opened up into a large room. There were games, a couch and a few tables. Xeras was standing by the window looking out into the city. "Well good morning, Kisama. I take it you slept well?" Xeras asked.

Kisama looked around the room and noticed one other person in the room. He held a three barreled pistol in his hand. "Yea. I did actually," Kisama said with a weak smile.

Xeras chuckled. "Well today is the day that you star your first mission. We always go out in pairs so your partner today is Xinvect over there," Xeras said as he pointed to the man with the gun. Xeras then walked towards Kisama. He looked into his eyes and asked, "Are you ready?"

Kisama stared back into those silver eyes and answered, "Yes. I'm ready for anything. I will do whatever it takes to get my parents back."

Xeras chuckled. "That is exactly what I wanted to hear. Now you must open your heart to the darkness," Xeras told him.

Kisama closed his eyes and opened his heart. He felt it as the darkness rushed into his heart. He felt the power as it surged through his body.

"Now you are a true member of Organization XIII. Now your mission is to collect hearts from the heartless in Radiant Gardens. Now go and complete your mission and report back to me," ordered Xeras.

"OK." Kisama turned to Xinvect as he stood up from the couch and walked over to Kisama and looked at him.

Xinvect looked at Kisama and said, "Let's go." He waved his hand and a portal opened. "After you," he told Kisama.

Kisama walked into the portal and Xinvect followed right behind him. They walked down the long path till they came to an opening.

They had come to a town that was overlooked by a large castle. Kisama looked around in amazement.

"This is amazing. I've never seen anything like it," he said.

Xinvect looked at Kisama. "Now we must get to work. I'm only here to watch over you. Only the keyblade can collect hearts. Now go!"

Kisama turned around and walked deeper into town. 'Now where can I find some Heartless?' He thought to himself. As soon as he said that five Shadow Heartless came out of nowhere.

Kisama called out for Excalibur and it appeared in his hand. The Heartless attacked and Kisama swung Excalibur and connected with two of them. Instinctively he jumped backward and dodged the other three. As they dissolved two hearts floated into the sky and disappeared.

The Heartless looked at him and then melted into the ground moving toward him. Kisama watched in surprises. One of the Heartless moved behind him and jumped out of the ground and hit him from behind, knocking Kisama to the ground. He then rolled to the side as the other two jumped at him.

Kisama stood up and watched them carefully. One snuck up behind him again. Kisama dodged and hit it in the back sending it flying and it disappeared. a heart floated from where its body was and disappeared. The other two watched Kisama carefully from the shadows. Kisama stood by ready.

Suddenly the two disappeared. Kisama sat there confused and wondering what happened. He relaxed a bit and sat down on a nearby bench. Kisama was tired and breathing hard.

"This is harder then I thought," Kisama said to himself. He then closed his eyes for a second and Xinvect appeared out of nowhere.

Xinvect scowled. "What are you doing. Go after them," Xinvect said angrily.

Kisama sighed and stood up. 'Man he's harsh,' he thought to himself. Kisama walked off into town looking for the Heartless. He walked for what seemed like hours. He walked and walked through the town but he couldn't find a single heartless.

Suddenly Kisama stopped. He felt a familiar presence and turned around. "Uncle?" He asked in astonishment.

A tall figure jumped from atop the closest building and landed next to Kisama. He had long, sleek, spiky purple hair and a long purple shirt with a tall collar and slender black pants. He also wore a cross around his neck and as an earring.

"It's good to see you again, Kisama," He said in a semi deep, soft voice. He looked at Kisama and noticed the organization cloak he wore. He frowned at him and spoke as softly as he could. "I thought you would be smarter than that. Merlin warned you and you went against it," he said.

Kisama looked at his feet. "Uncle Kisagi. I'm...." Kisagi slapped him before he could finish. Kisama looked at him as tears began to fill his eyes.

All of a sudden a deep voice came out of nowhere and said, "That's enough, Kisagi. We don't need you ruining things again. Not like you did with your brother." Xinvect stood atop a building 3 blocks down.

Kisama looked at his uncle, confused. Tears still in his eyes. "What is he talking about, Uncle? What about father?" He asked curiously. He looked back and forth between the two.

"Don't worry about it. You will find out in due time," Kisagi said as he stared at Xinvect. "Be careful of these guys. Seek me when you need help and I will be there for you," He warned. Kisagi turned around and walked down an alleyway. Kisama watched and dashed after him. As he turned the corner he found it was a dead end. Kisagi was nowhere to be found.

Kisama walked up to the wall. 'Where did he go?' He thought to himself. He walked up to the wall and rubbed it. 'I'm sorry, Uncle.' Tears ran down his face as he stared at the wall.

Xinvect walked up behind him. "Let's go. Your mission is done," informed Xinvect. He turned around and opened a portal. He beckoned Kisama inside. Kisama obeyed. As he walk inside it he stared back at the wall hoping his uncle would just appear again. He walked into the path of darkness and the passage closed behind him. Radiant Gardens disappeared before his very eyes.

Chapter 6: Rena

10 Years later

Kisama sat on the couch in the conference room waiting for Xeras to give him his next mission. The other organization members were already out on their missions so Kisama was kinda glad to be alone. The other members always picked on them when they had the chance.

Kisama began to fall asleep when Xeras appeared out of nowhere. He looked like he had just got done playing with one of the Knights of the Keyblade.

Xeras walked up to Kisama and gave him his orders. "There is a nuisance in your hometown of Traverse Town. I want you to take her out. But take your time if you must. Just kill her. And don't mess this one up. we don't need a repeat of the last time," ordered Xeras. He held out a photo to Kisama.

About 3 years ago Kisama had a mission just like this one. He ended up getting hurt bad enough to be bed ridden for 2 weeks. Xinvect ended up having to save him. Ever since he has only gotten missions collecting hearts.

Kisama stood up and bowed to Xeras. He took the photo. "Yes, sir. I promise I promise i will complete this mission without fail this time," he said with utmost respect. Xeras was the only one who showed kindness to Kisama. But Kisama always felt that Xeras was using him and didn't like it. Still he showed respect and did as he was told.

Kisama opened a portal and stepped inside. When he walked back out he felt a little nostalgic. He was in Second District about 4 blocks away from his house. He walked passed it on his way to First District.

The windows were dark and dusty. All the lights were out and not a thing was stirring. It looked more like a haunted house now. Kisama couldn't bare to look at it anymore so he continued on.

Kisama came to the door and pushed it open. He walked around the side of the accessory shop and noticed a girl coming out from the shop with quite a few accessories in her hands. He pulled out the photo and realized it was the girl he was looking for.

She sat down on the steps and looked up at the stars in the sky. Kisama couldn't help but realize how beautiful she was. She had long, slender black hair that reached down to the small of her back, a light blue t-shirt that was skin tight and showed the bottom of her back, and a pair of blue jeans.

She then looked down at her right hand and reached into her pocket and pulled out some gauze. She took it and wrapped her right hand with it and as she did it he noticed the giant bruise on her hand. 'So Xeras was messing with a Knight of the Keyblade.' Kisama thought as she finished wrapping it and wrapped her attention back to the stars.

Kisama took off his cloak and hid it as he walked over to her and sat down. She was so wrapped up in the sky she didn't even notice. He looked at her then to the sky. He noticed she had a set of beautiful green eyes.

Kisama decided to speak up. "They are beautiful aren't they?" He asked gazing upon their beauty.

She jumped at the realization there was somebody sitting next to her. She looked at him and saw that he was a kind person at heart so she sat back down. "Oh! Um...Yeah they are...." she said nervously. She kept looking back and forth between Kisama and the stars. Kisama just continued to look at the sky "Um. Hi. I'm Rena," she said.

Kisama turned from the stars and looked into Rena's beautiful green eyes. "I'm Kisama. I see you hurt your hand. Are you okay?" Kisama asked worriedly.

Rena quickly hid her hand. She blushed. "It's nothing. Just a scratch," She turned and hid her hand from Kisama, "I've never been good with healing magic so I can't heal it properly."

Kisama scooted closer to her. He held out his hand for her to let him see it. "Let me try," he said softly. She hesitated but turned to him and set her bandaged hand in his. Kisama took his other hand and covered hers and whispered, "Cura."

Rena took her hand back amazed that it felt so good. Slowly she unwrapped it and saw that the bruise was gone. She smiled and looked at Kisama. "Thank you. I didn't know what I was gonna do. I fight left handed but I also use my right hand for lifting, using potions, and stuff," she said. She spoke as if they were really good friends for many years.

Kisama realized something at that moment. He couldn't kill her. She is the first person in 10 years that treated him like a friend. Everybody else treated him like a kid or wanted him dead. Hell they even use him. But looking into her eyes he saw genuine kindness.

Kisama looked back to the stars. "You know. When i look at the stars," he said to her without looking at her, "I seem to forget all my problems."

Rena looked at the stars as well. "Really?" She asked, "When i look at the stars they always remind me that there's a glimmer of hope when there's bad times. Are you from around here?"

Kisama looked away from the stars and stared at his feet. "Yes," He said as tears welled in his eyes, "Not many fond memories though." Tears began to roll down his cheeks.

Rena looked at him and saw that he was crying. She put an arm around him and put her other hand on his knee. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked.

"My parents," he started. "The were turned into heartless when I was 7. Right in front of me. I've been searching for a way to find them and change them back." Kisama wiped the tears from his eyes. "I have a question."

Rena smiled. "What is it?" She asked.

"Where did you get that bruise?" Kisama asked her. He was very curious as to what happened.

Rena looked back up to the stars. "I was attacked. Out of nowhere hordes of Heartless and Nobodies began attacking me. Then a guy in a black hooded cloak appeared and summoned a Twilight Thorn," she began to speak with anger in her voice. "It was a difficult fight and my hand was hit by a piece of debris from a nearby building."

'I knew it. Xeras did have fun with a Knight today,' Kisama thought to himself as he wiped the snot from his nose. He laid out on the stairs and closed his eyes. "I'm sorry," he apologized.

Rena looked at him and smiled. "It's not your fault," she said. "What's done is done."

Kisama smiled. "Well the good thing is that you didn't get killed. Cause I would be lonely tonight if you didn't defeat the twilight thorn."

Rena reached into her pocket and pulled out a chain and wrapped it around Kisama's wrist. "Here. A gift to keep you safe," she said as she smiled and turned away.

Kisama sat up and looked the chain and back at Rena. "What is it?" He asked curiously.

Rena looked at him. "It's a Protectga Chain. Raises your defense. Very useful in a fight," she said.

Kisama's ears turned red as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a ribbon. He grabbed Rena's arm and tied it on her wrist in a bow. "There. Now I have something from you and you have something from me," Kisama said looking at the expression of happiness on Rena's face.

Rena smiled at Kisama and Kisama felt his heart race. 'What is this feeling? I've never felt it before

Rena stood up. She took a quick look at the stars and the back to Kisama. "Do you have a place to stay?" She asked curiously.

Kisama looked at her. He saw the worry in her eyes and he smiled and blushed a bit. "No. I don't," Kisama tried to hide the joy in his voice as he spoke, "But I'm sure I'll figure out where I'll sleep."

Rena frowned at him. "That's no good," she said, "You shall come stay with me tonight!" Before Kisama could say anything she grabbed his wrist and pulled him to his feet and rushed him around the accessory shop and through the gate to Second District.

Kisama was shocked at the sudden action. "Where are we going?" He asked curiously as he began to smile as the shock faded away.

She turned and smile. "The Inn," she answered happily as she dragged him into the building marked "Inn". As they walked into the hallway Kisama noticed all the different doors as he passed them. A green one with flowers, a marine blue one, and a red and white door that they stopped in front of. It appeared to be Rena's room.

Rena reached into her pocket and pulled out a key. She slid it into the key hole and turned it. She then turned the knob and pushed the door open. As soon as they walk into the room Kisama felt a sharp pain that shot through his body. He fell to his knees gasping in pain.

"Kisama! Are you OK?" Rena cried as she knelt beside him. She had no idea what was going on or why. She rubbed his back as he fell forward screaming in pain.

Finally after about fifteen minutes of shear pain, Kisama sat up as the pain ceased. Ever since the defeat he had suffered three years back he has fits of pain and he hasn't been able to figure out how to cure them.

Rena sat there crying as she looked at him. She sat next to him the whole time waiting for him to stop. As he sat up she asked, "Are you OK?"

"Yea. I'm fine. It happens every now and then," Kisama said as he began to stand up. The moment he got to his feet he collapsed and passed out as he fell.

"KISAMA!" She screamed as he fell. She had caught him in mid-fall so he wouldn't get hurt and dragged him over to the four-poster bed. She laid him in it and rushed to go get some warm water and a washcloth.

Chapter 7: Confession

Kisama fell into a deep darkness and what seemed far away was Rena calling his name. Then there was nothing. Suddenly the was a bright light and he was in his old room in Traverse Town. He could smell the food his mom had made the night of the Incident.

Kisama looked at his bed and then at the posters on the wall. He saw his old action figures and books. Then he heard Kisara from downstairs. "KISAMA! TIME FOR DINNER! YOU BETTER HAVE WASHED YOUR HANDS!" she called to him.

Kisama's eyes widened and he rushed through the door and downstairs. He ran into the kitchen. There was his mother had her back to him and his father was behind a news paper.

Kisama walked up to his mother and touched her shoulder. She turned around and Kisama stumbled backwards towards the door. She had suddenly turned into a Heartless and stared at him with those big yellow eyes. Kurasuma had put down the newspaper and looked at Kisama with those yellow eyes as well.He too was a heartless.

Kisama fell to the floor and tears began to flow down his cheeks. He stood up and bolted out of the house and through the gate to the third district. He then collapsed and the door to Merlin's house. All he could do was cry.

Merlin walked through the door and looked at Kisama. Kisama looked up at him and saw the disappointment on his bearded face. "I told you to beware of Organization XIII but you disobeyed me," he said with a scowl on his face.

Kisama buried his face in his hands and began to cry when he heard a familiar voice. "We can bring them back. Your parents can be changed back as long as you do something for me," it said. Kisama stood up and turned around. Xeras was standing there holding out his hand.

As Kisama reached out to grab his hand he suddenly everything disappeared and he began to open his eyes. He was looking at the top of the four-poster bed. He felt something wet on his forehead. He reached up to feel and found out it was a wet rag. He looked around the room and saw that Rena was passed out in a chair in the corner.

Kisama pulled off the covers and got up. He walked over to Rena and pulled out his keyblade. He stood there staring at her trying to do what Xeras had ordered him to do. 'I can't,' he thought to himself. He put away his keyblade and walked back to the bed.

He grabbed the blanket and walked back over to her. He gently laid it onto her and turned around. He noticed a door that led to the balcony out back and he went outside.

He sat down in a chair and looked up at the stars. Suddenly Rena was standing at the door looking at him worriedly. "Are you OK?" She asked with great concern.

Kisama looked at her and smiled. "Yeah. It's been like this for three years," he said sadly, "Rena. I have a confession to make. About why I'm here right now."

Rena looked at him confused. "OK? What's on your mind?" She asked. She walked over and sat down next to him. She noticed the look he had on his face.It was a mixture of shame and fear.

Kisama was afraid to tell her. But he decided it would be best. He couldn't carry out his mission. He looked in her eyes and saw genuine concern in them. "You know the man that attacked you? He," Kisama said not knowing if he could finish the sentence, "sent me to kill you." He looked away from her and stood up walking back to the door.

Rena just sat there and stared at the spot where Kisama was sitting. She was so shocked she didn't know what to say. Finally she got up the nerve to speak and she looked at him. "Kisama I..." She started but Kisama held up a hand to stop her.

"I understand if you hate me.But I want you to know I can't do my mission. I can't kill you," he told her as he stood there with his back to her. "I joined the organization back when I was ten years old. The man who attacked you, Xeras, promised to bring them back and change them back. But ever since I joined them I've treated like an outsider. And Xeras has always just used me. I know if I continue to fail him he will have no need for me and dispose of me."

Kisama dropped to his knees. His eyes wide open. Tears began to fill his eyes but they never had the chance as a hand touched his shoulder gently. He turned and Rena was there with a tissue. She wiped his eyes clear and smiled.

Kisama became confused. 'Why is she being nice? I just told her i was supposed to kill her but she continues to treat me with kindness,' he thought to himself.

Rena noticed the confusion in his eyes. "You are wondering why I'm still being nice even after what you told me, right?" She asked, tenderly.

Kisama nodded. "I just don't get it."

She held out her wrist. The ribbon flowed in the wind. Kisama looked at her and she just continued to smile. "I believe the you are a very kind person and are forced into doing things you dont want to for your family and I could never hate you for that."

Kisama smiled and stood up. He turned around and walked towards the door. He grabbed the knob and turned around. He looked at Rena and his eyes began to water up. "Thank you," is all he could say.

As Kisama turned the knob he heard a familiar voice behind him say, "So. You failed again I see."

Kisama whirled around and pulled out his keyblade. Xeras stood there behind Rena on the railing. "Xeras," Kisama growled.

"Oh! Is that how you are gonna treat me after I took you in?" Xeras asked. He chuckled as he looked at Rena. She turned around and stared into Xeras' purple eyes.

Kisama charged at Xeras and swung his keyblade but couldn't make contact as Xeras moved away too fast. "STAY AWAY FROM HER!" Kisama yelled. He stood there in a ready position just waiting for Xeras to attack.

Rena stood up and pulled out her keyblade. And stood beside Kisama. He held out his arm as to tell her to stay back. She looked at him and saw the serious look in his eyes in his eyes as he stared at Xeras.

Xeras laughed as Rena put away her keyblade and stood back. "Why not let her help you Kisama? She may be able to help you defeat me," he said with a grin on his face.

"No. If anybody is to fight you it will be me. I will be the one to defeat you," Kisama pledged.

Xeras laughed again. "Well I'm not here to fight you. But you will pay for betraying me. I will not let you feel at ease. You will not sleep unless it's with one eye open. I'm always watching you Kisama. Always," he said as he turned away from Kisama and opened a portal. He looked back really fast and shot a murderous glance at Rena.

Rena felt her spine tingle as Xeras looked at her. Kisama pointed his keyblade at Xeras. "FIRAGA!" he yelled and a giant fireball shot out of his keyblade and flew at Xeras.

The fireball exploded and smoke filled the air. The wind from it blew at Kisama and Rena and they covered their faces to protect themselves from the smoke.

As the smoke cleared Kisama ran over to where Xeras was but there was no sight of him. "Dammit! He got away," Kisama said furiously.

Rena walked over to Kisama and placed her hand on his shoulder. She then leaned against him and placed her head on his back. "Thank you, Kisama," she said.

Kisama relaxed a bit. "Come with me. Come travel with me," Kisama offered. He grabbed her hand and turned around.

Rena looked him in the eyes and saw the sincere look in them. She smiled and blushed a little. "I don't know. This is so sudden," she said as she thought about it.

She looked down at the ribbon and finally came to a decision. She turned to him with a smile on her face. "OK. I'll go with you," she said excitedly.

Kisama nodded with a smile. Suddenly he realized he left his coat in a crate in First District. "Be right back. I need to go get my coat," He told her as he rush through the door into the room then out the front door leave Rena alone on the balcony.

Kisama ran out of the inn and towards the gate. He opened it and ran around the item shop to the crate where his coat was hidden. He opened it up and grabbed it.

As he slipped on his coat Kisama began walking back to the inn. He walked through the gate back into Second District and saw Rena standing by the entrance to the inn waiting for him to return.

"Are you ready?" Kisama asked her as he walked up to her.

Rena nodded. She looked a bit nervous as he walked up to her. "Yea. Let's go," she said.

Kisama smiled. 'I must protect her,' he tought to himself as he stopped in front of her. He grabbed her and opened a portal next to where they stood.

Kisama walked into the portal with Rena in tow and they both were engulfed in darkness except for the light from the opening. As they walked farther in the portal closed and they were off to another world.

Chapter 8: New World and A New Friend

The little town that is always in twilight when the sun is up. Twilight Town was quite. Not a sound was made as a dark portal opened up by the train station at the top of the hill.

Kisama and Rena walked out into the quiet streets. Rena looked around a bit. Rena turned to Kisama and smiled at him with a kind of sparkle in her eyes. "This is so beautiful!" She said with a lot of excitement in her voice.

Rena ran to see the view of the water and the city. She was amazed at the view she saw. "The other worlds are so beautiful! I've never left Traverse Town," she told Kisama as she watched the water sparkle from a distance.

Kisama walked over to her and smiled. "Well there are many left to see," he informed her. He looked out over the city and to the ocean. As he stared the smile faded from his face as he thought about Xeras. What was he doing? What was he planning? These thoughts plagued his mind as he stared at the ocean.

Rena looked at him and instantly knew what was on his mind. "You thinking about what Xeras said?" She asked, though she knew the answer.

Kisama nodded. "Xeras has been there for me since I finished my training in magic. I trained with Merlin for three years. He taught me everything he could and then continued on his travels. After that i was left alone till Xeras came and took me in. I feel bad for betraying him," he told her as he laid his head in his arms.

Rena put her hand on his shoulders. She just sat there looking at him rubbing his shoulders. Finally when she got up the courgae to speak she said," Everything is gonna be ok."

Kisama lifted his head and looked at her. He saw something in her eyes that brought back his confidence. He nodded and turned around. He looked up and an idea popped into his head. He smiled and looked at Rena. "Come with me," he insisted.

Rena looked at him with a look of confusion as he grabbed her hand and pulled her into the station. They walked up a flight of stairs and into the main docking area.

Kisama dragged her to the right side of the room to a door. he opened it and walked in. There was a flight of stairs that circled up to the top of the tower. Kisama smiled again as he dragged Rena up them.

"What are we doing?" Rena asked.

Kisama spoke without slowing down or looking at her. "You will see," he said excitedly.

As they came to the top Kisama slowed down a bit until finally they reach the top and stopped in front of a door. Rena leaned against the railing. She was out of breath from all the running.

Kisama let go of Rena's hand and walked up to the door. The running barely seemed to faze him at all. His breathing was just a little faster then normal. He reached out and turned the knob and pulled the door open.

Kisama walked outside. They were at the peak of the clock tower. He walked over to the ledge as Rena caught her breath and followed him.

The veiw took Rena's breath away after she had just regained it. She stood there speechless as she peered out over the city in the twilight.

Kisama climbed up onto the ledge and sat down with his legs dangling over the edge. He looked at Rena and motioned for her to join him. "Come sit," he offered.

Rena was unsure whether she wanted to. She hesitated before moving over to him. She didn't sit down but she slowly looked over the edge and realized how high it was. "I have a confession to make," she said as she slowly moved away from the edge. "I'm afraid of heights."

Rena looked at her feet as her face turned bright red. She expected Kisama to laugh at her for being silly and she stood there waiting to for him to. When she finally looked up she saw Kisama looking at her with a calming smile on his face.

Rena took a deep breathe and slowly walked up to Kisama. As she got close he held his hand out to her.

Rena took Kisama's hand and he helped her up onto the ledge. As she sat down she closed her eyes tight and wrapped herself around Kisama's arm.

Kisama chuckled a bit. "I'm pretty sure the view looks better when your eyes are open," He joked. He tried to free himself but she had an iron grip.

Rena squeezed harder as she slowly opened her eyes and peered out over the city. As she saw the beautiful scenery her eye shot open and her grip began to loosen up slowly. "This is so beautiful. I have never seen anything so beautiful," she said, amazed.

Back