Kingdom Hearts Re:coded Trailer May Surprise You [7/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Swinging a keyblade while jumping around on 3D maps is the core of Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. But, that isn’t the only style of gameplay in this Nintendo DS remake. This trailer shows Sora in a side-scrolling level, turn based RPG with Cloud in his party, and what appears to be a run-n-gun stage.

As revealed yesterday, Kingdom Hearts Re:coded is scheduled for October 7 in Japan. A North American release date has not been announced.

Source: Siliconera

Considering this is for the DS, those visuals during cutscenes look utterly impressive. And listening to the Disney characters speak Japanese with voices that vaguely sound close to their English counterparts is slightly amusing. :andry:

The side scrolling thing - I don't think we've seen that before. I remember seeing the turn-based thing before though. And great - Cloud shows up again. Nothing against him - I sort of wanted to see another guest FF character.

Kingdom hearts Re coded looks really good now after watching this trailer. I like the visuals nd the voices are pretty good. Though the disney characters with the evil music in the background seems weird xD Errr I was hoping for another FF guest character not Just Cloud but its ok. The side scrolling is interesting :hmmm:

Most of this was in the original Coded, so it's not very surprising. Nonetheless, I can't wait to experience it in totally new graphics and the side scrolling sounds like it might be fun. Just can't wait until it comes.

Cloud was in the original, so maybe that's why they kept him in the remake, as they didn't want to change too much? I kind of wanted to see YRP or something :tehe:

I keep telling myself that a trailer is meant to make games exciting and take things out of context, but...Destati...DESTATI! Dx

If this was just a straight port from the cellphone, with appropriate pricing, I would still be happy to play this game, but it's nice to see that there's a more stuff planned for this actual remake.

I like that side-scrolling bit especially ^_^

We're seeing both 3D/real-time AND turn-based battle systems there, the latter having a lower resolution than the former...what the hell?

Also is this just for the 3DS or the regular DS?

Also is this just for the 3DS or the regular DS?

It's for the regular DS.

And with visuals like that, I think anyone's forgiven for thinking that it's for the 3DS. xD

The visuals are very impressive XD.

I'm glad that they're doing a remake actually :hmmm: because now I might be able to snag it on my DS :3

the side-scrolling is pretty neat too.

=) I hope they release the date for us over here soon D= I would like to know x]

What's the SE product they're thinking of releasing on the 3DS? I'm positive that it was a Kingdom Hearts game. :gonk:

Oh, that's the 3D Kingdom Hearts game that's currently being called "Kingdom Hearts 3D" and is apparently a completely original title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back