Kesha fans hate GaGa

Catnip

Auto-Haste
Veteran
Gil
I never really understood how a fan of Kesha, or someone equally meaningless, could sincerely hate Lady GaGa. But then I thought long and hard about it and came up with a theory;

People who like Kesha (trash music) like her because her garbage is good enough for them. Most people separate fun, shitty music/singers from the more serious songs or artists out there, and since GaGa (who makes herself out to be a focused artist) doesn't fit their personal standard of what serious music/artists should be, they can't respect her.

I'm pretty sure that if GaGa pranced around wearing a garbage can, singing about partying and drugs, you Kesha fans would think of her as your queen and be like "Kesha who?"

Like wtf man. Kesha is a nobody and GaGa at least has some meaning behind what she does. That's not just an opinion either, it's pretty much common sense.

Please keep on topic and off with the spam, people.

On topic, I don't know what to say on the topic. I'm a fan of both Ke$ha and GaGa, so I don't hate any of them.

But I think it's a bit lame to say that Ke$ha prances around in garbage. Some of her songs actually do have some meaning such as the likes of Take It Off and We R Who We R.

I love Gaga and I dont understand why Ke$ha fans dislike her. I mean I did really dislike Gaga when she first appeared as I seen her as an attention seeker. But listening to her music and finding more out about her, I ended up liking her.

Ke$ha has something with Jack Daniels IMO lol. I dont like her music, just doesnt appeal to me. But everyone has their opinions. But I dont understand why they hate Gaga lol.

Please keep on topic and off with the spam, people.

On topic, I don't know what to say on the topic. I'm a fan of both Ke$ha and GaGa, so I don't hate any of them.

But I think it's a bit lame to say that Ke$ha prances around in garbage. Some of her songs actually do have some meaning such as the likes of Take It Off and We R Who We R.

As music goes there's not a whole lot of "meaning" in pop, particularly in songs where R replaces "are".

I love both. :ahmed: They're both talented and make fun songs.

As music goes there's not a whole lot of "meaning" in pop, particularly in songs where R replaces "are".
Doesn't matter about the title either.

That particular song is about encouraging people to be whoever they want to be and was inspired by the several suicides of gay guys in America. A pretty touching song if you understand it.

my post was on topic. you cant delete it just because i dont share your views on key dollar ha.

humpty dumpty is very profound too. if you understand it.

You edited it?

I must not have seen it because I only saw the bit above. Anyway, continue the discussion.

please stay on topic amizon. this thread is about key dollar ha and the gaga, not our egos - i will forgive you for deleting my on topic, meaningful post so hastily, though it reflects badly on you. i can only hope that god too will forgive you, my boy.

i dont see the appeal in this kind of music at all. gaga and key dollar ha (imo) just make music that people will expect to hear in clubs, and for the most part i dont appreciate any of that. its talentless tripe. key dollar ha fans are wrong to hate on the gaga because they're a fan of someone who's just as talentless as the gaga.

I like quite a few of Kesha's songs, and I'm a huge Gaga fan. Gaga first, but whatever.

I like Kesha's songs for the beat and catchiness of them, not for whatever MEANING is behiind them. My favorite one is Paris Hilton's Closet, which is about puking in... Paris Hilton's closet. Meaningful, isn't it?

Some of Gaga's songs have a deeper meaning, I guess. Most of them... don't seem to.

They're both popstars, that's all there is to it. There's no point in hating one when they do similar types of music. :ffs:

lmfao

Hot and dangerous
If you’re one of us, then roll with us
‘Cause we make the hipsters fall in love
And we’ve got hot-pants on and up
And yes of course we does we’re running this town just like a club
And no, you don’t wanna mess with us
Got Jesus on my necklace

I’ve got that glitter on my eyes
Stockings ripped all up the side
Looking sick and sexy-fied
So let’s go-o-o (Let’s go!)

CHORUS:
Tonight we’re going hard
Just like the world is ours
We’re tearin’ it apart
You know we’re superstars
We R who we R!

We’re dancing like we’re dumb
Our bodies go numb
We’ll be forever young
We R who we R!

DJ turn it up
It’s about damn time to live it up
I’m so sick of being so serious
It’s making my brain delirious!

I’m just talkin’ truth
I’m telling you ’bout the s— we do
We’re sellin’ our clothes, sleepin’ in cars
Dressin’ it down, hittin’ on dudes (HARD!)

I’ve got that glitter on my eyes
Stockings ripped all up the side
Looking sick and sexy-fied
So let’s go-o-o (Let’s go!)

[CHORUS]

DJ turn it up
DJ turn it up
DJ turn it up
DJ turn it up

Tonight we’re going hard
Just like the world is ours
We’re tearin’ it apart
We R who we R!

We’re dancing like we’re dumb
Our bodies go numb
We’ll be forever young
We R who we R!

OW!

--

There's a place downtown,
Where the freaks all come around.
It's a hole in the wall.
It's a dirty free for all.

When the dark
Of the night comes around.
That's the time,
That the animal comes alive.
Looking for
Something wild.

And now we lookin' like pimps
In my gold Trans-Am.
Got a water bottle full of whiskey
In my handbag.
Got my drunk text on
I'll regret it in the mornin'
But tonight
I don't give a
I don't give a
I don't give a

It's a hole in the wall.

And they turn me on.
When they Take It Off.
When they Take It Off.
Everybody Take It Off.

There's a place I know
If you're looking for a show.
Where they go hardcore
And there's glitter on the floor.

And they turn me on.
When they Take It Off.
When they Take It Off.
Everybody Take It Off.

Lose your mind.
Lose it now.
Lose your clothes
In the crowd.
We're delirious.
Tear it down
'Til the sun comes back around.

N-now we're getting so smashed.
Knocking over trash cans.
Eurbody breakin' bottles
It's a filthy hot mess.
Gonna get faded
I'm not the designated
Driver so
I don't give a
I don't give a
I don't give a

It's a hole in the wall.

And they turn me on.
When they Take It Off.
When they Take It Off.
Everybody Take It Off.

There's a place I know
Where they go hardcore

And they turn me on.
When they Take It Off.
When they Take It Off.
Everybody Take It Off.

Oh, oh, oh!

EVERYBODY TAKE IT OFF!

Oh, Oh, Oh!

EVERYBODY TAKE IT OFF!

Right now! TAKE IT OFF!
Right now! TAKE IT OFF!
Right now! TAKE IT OFF!

Oooh.

Right now! TAKE IT OFF!
Right now! TAKE IT OFF!

EVERYBODY TAKE IT OFF!

It's a hole in the wall.

And they turn me on.
When they Take It Off.
When they Take It Off.
Everybody Take It Off.

There's a place I know
Where they go hardcore

And they turn me on.
When they Take It Off.
When they Take It Off.
Everybody Take It Off.

Yes. Two of the most meaningful songs I have ever heard.

They're both talented and make fun songs.

I'll give you the 'fun' part, but... seriously. Anyone can write a song about going out and looking "sexy-fied". :ffs:

But I think it's a bit lame to say that Ke$ha prances around in garbage.

kesha-sebert-garbage-chic-glitter-01.jpg

kesha_sebert_5377106.jpg

she has a few holes in her tights there. thats about as fashionable (and related to her music) as going out in a dress made of meat.

I dont dislike Kesha, but I'm not the biggest fan of hers either. Her songs really have a good beat for clubs/raves/parties/etc., and they also have some of the most unique lyrics I've heard, but their nothing compared to GaGa imo. :hmmm:

You have gaga who has hidden messages in her lyrics, but they still mean something. BUt to where Kesha has such random lyrics, and are only good for dancing and crap. If you like to dance, then of course Kesha is for you, but if you like meaning, what can I say, Gaga>Kesha. :P

I'm pretty sure that if GaGa pranced around wearing a garbage can, singing about partying and drugs, you Kesha fans would think of her as your queen and be like "Kesha who?"
Actually, I'd be all "WHOAH! Hold on a second! Since when has Oscar the Grouch been a singer?!"

I don't honestly like either of them all that much, although I can't see why Kesha fans would hate GaGa...she's got a completely different style. Meaning in songs or whatever doesn't matter much to me though, so they're pretty much on the same level with me.

Although they have one thing in common: they both do slightly strange things to get attention. I doubt its due to any sort of desire to be creative, its just a desire for publicity, and to make as much money as possible before they fall out of fashion and are replaced by the next generation of aspiring singers.

In a few years they'll both go the way of Britney and shave their heads and start wearing even crazier stuff, with their fans screaming and crying at the world to leave them alone on Youtube all the while.

They are both as bad as each other, I don't rate either of them at all.. they both care more about being different and standing rather then putting effort into the music they produce.. they have loyal support i'll give them that but neither of their fans know how to criticise them even when they sing AWFUL live.. even when they wear the worst attire ever they will praise them no matter what.. Sheep of the highest order really.. and to the people saying GAGA's lyrics have meanings? :lew: :lew: :lew: :lew: - Let's have some fun this beat is sick / I wanna take a ride on your disco stick - Hmmm

Kesha has some insanely catchy stuff, but the actual depth is in the ear of the listener. I could probably dig and unearth some huge meaning behind "Tik Tok" if I wanted to (though to be fair I have heard several comments on "We Are Who We Are" being inspired/driven by gay suicides and whatnot.

Either way; she and Gaga need to lay off the damn autotune.

As for Lady Gaga; again, catchy stuff, and she reminds me of a comic book supervillain (I can just see Commissioner Gordon calling Batman and telling him that "Queen Firebra has hit the national bank!"). I think at the rate she's going she's going to exhaust herself and either start repeating things, or just burn out entirely.

All in all; she and Kesha seriously need to develop and evolve in their style. They've carved out such a specific niche in music that they're very quickly going to be limited in material.

article1231520056e26950.jpg

Totally a Shumacher era villain. You know it.

Last edited:
Either way; she and Gaga need to lay off the damn autotune.
Dude, GaGa doesn't even use autotune the same way everyone else does. She adds that shit in for effect and sound. I mean, obviously everyone sings into a computer and shits fake, but looking beyond that... Kesha's autotune shouldn't even be compared to GaGa's. That's almost criminal, bro.

I never heard Kesha's music in my life (maybe I had, but nobody told me the song was hers). Now Gaga, being that famous and being in every comer, it's impossible to ignore, even if you’re like one of those Metal’s addicts.

I'll be honest: her persona never picked my interest, like most of musicians that seems to have nothing in the brain at the first glance. But recently I saw some clips on youtube that picked my curiosity for good, because somehow she was performing something strange and contra-mainstream (covering Imagine of John Lennon, a song with 40 years for example, and singing/groaning at the side of his widow Yoko Ono).

Yet I have decidedly no interest in her past songs of Monster and The Fame, she sounds enthusiastic in changing the ways of current pop standards. And all I want is that she changes it, because she is possibly the only major pop artist that has the power to do it right now.

Last edited:
They're both shit, to be honest.

Kesha = Shit, bogus, almost criminally retarded lyrics thrown over a shit beat with a wardrobe that makes it look as if she's been dressed in the dark by Helen Keller.

Gaga = Shit, bogus, almost criminally retarded lyrics thrown over a shit beat with a wardrobe that makes it look as if she's been dressed in the dark by Helen Keller.

It's almost laughable (if it weren't so incredibly stupid) that people try to say that any of their music has "meaning". Just because you attempt to give a song meaning, doesn't mean that is has some deep, hidden, intellectual meaning. It doesn't. Shit reminds me what they did with the book, "Catcher in the Rye". It's a book about a boy growing up, and having some hard times. Not a book filled with hidden deep meaning.

Looking for some meaning in something so small isn't going to reap you any rewards. Unless you count looking like a pseudo intellectual asshat a reward.

There is no lesser of two evils here. They're both fucking evil... And possibly Cylons. I find it vomit worthy that music has come to this, and I find it headache worthy that people actually look up to these people in any fashion whatsoever. (Yeah, I'm fucking talking to you. Seriously, Gaga is your "hero"? Holy shit, and I thought you used to have a brain floating in your skull.)

The music is shit, the sound is shit, both "artists" (term being used very fucking loosely) are shit. I could come up with better insults, but why bother? I feel sorry for just about anyone that actually likes this garbage.

I don't personally see how anyone can listen to Ke$ha. As far as I'm concerned, vomiting into an autotune machine isn't music...At least GaGa has some talent. Listen to any of her live performances. She at least has a good voice. So she dresses a bit odd. She has a voice to back it up.

Ke$ha just dresses in trashbags and sounds like shit.

2010_mtv_vmas_kesha_garbage_bag_dress.jpg

At the VMAs. "I got the garbage bags from Home Depot and I kind of just put it together."

Back