Advent Children Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo

Blue Link

Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
Yes, I know they wanted 'mother', but I would have liked a back story. Seeing as I played FFVII, you'd think I'd understand, but I don't. Were they pieces of Sephiroth that were born from his demise? Are they clones Hojo created from Jenova? Or more unborn children injected with Jenovas cells? What were the producers smoking when they named them, and why didn't I get any of it? I need answers. What's your opinion?

Iv only seen it a few times myself and wondered where they cropped up from. I assumed they were just clones... or maybe they were children that were experimented on.... look what youmade me do, Im going round in circles now

As for the names, I like Kadaj but the other 2....Yazoo just makes me think of one of those stupid plastic instrument things that sounds like a duck when you blow it >_>

I just assumed that they were the remaining Sephiroth clones, since they want they're 'reunion' after all.

When Sephiroth died in the Northern Crater (end of FFVII), his will was imprinted onto the Lifestream. That eventually manifested itself into Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo.

...Yazoo just makes me think of one of those stupid plastic instrument things that sounds like a duck when you blow it >_>

You mean a kazoo...lol yeah I hate those things. But Pooley's theory sounds right.

Oh, and now that I think about it, Kadaj does sound Hindu so I guess it does seem like a normal name...

Ahh, the Wonder Brothers. I call them this because it's a wonder they can breathe they're so stupid.

What are they you ask?

Simple. I'll start at the beginning.

Long, long ago, in Nibleheim, do you remember when Cloud attacked Sephiroth in the reactor? Sephiroth stabbed him and then Cloud threw Sephy into the Mako? Well, from that point on, Sephiroth ceased to exist in material form.

However, by sheer force of will, he prevented himself from merging into the Lifestream. So he continued to exist in sprit form, using the powers of Lifestream to animate Jenova's body and make it change shape to look like him.

At the end of the game, Cloud fought Sephiroth. He went total apeshit on him, remember that? Well, when Cloud did that, he basically sundered Sephiroth's spirit into 3 pieces. These pieces coalace into the form of Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz.

Each Remnant (for they basically are the remnants of Sephiroth) represents a different part of Sephiroth. I forget exactly what each one was, but I do remember Loz was the embodiment of Sephiroth's masculinity. I laughed my ass off when I saw that.

Anyways, Vincent speaks of the 'larvae' form because in order for Sephiroth to come back, they need more of the original material that made up half of Sephiroth's DNA: That is Jenova.

Should the Remnants merge, they would form Sephiroth. This is impossible however, because Sephiroth is quite dead and in pieces to boot. So only more Jenova cells could give body (and Sephiroth) to one of the Remnants.

Ask away if you have more questions.

Maybe. It was an excuse, one that was realllllly stretching at that, but it was worth it to see Cloud in all his state-of-the-art-graphics hotness! :cool:

Ahh, the Wonder Brothers. I call them this because it's a wonder they can breathe they're so stupid.

What are they you ask?

Simple. I'll start at the beginning.

Long, long ago, in Nibleheim, do you remember when Cloud attacked Sephiroth in the reactor? Sephiroth stabbed him and then Cloud threw Sephy into the Mako? Well, from that point on, Sephiroth ceased to exist in material form.

However, by sheer force of will, he prevented himself from merging into the Lifestream. So he continued to exist in sprit form, using the powers of Lifestream to animate Jenova's body and make it change shape to look like him.

At the end of the game, Cloud fought Sephiroth. He went total apeshit on him, remember that? Well, when Cloud did that, he basically sundered Sephiroth's spirit into 3 pieces. These pieces coalace into the form of Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz.

Each Remnant (for they basically are the remnants of Sephiroth) represents a different part of Sephiroth. I forget exactly what each one was, but I do remember Loz was the embodiment of Sephiroth's masculinity. I laughed my ass off when I saw that.

Anyways, Vincent speaks of the 'larvae' form because in order for Sephiroth to come back, they need more of the original material that made up half of Sephiroth's DNA: That is Jenova.

Should the Remnants merge, they would form Sephiroth. This is impossible however, because Sephiroth is quite dead and in pieces to boot. So only more Jenova cells could give body (and Sephiroth) to one of the Remnants.

Ask away if you have more questions.

Thanks Dragonmage!! I had always wondered about this as well, and you explained it nicely. Someone really must have had to think a LONG time about the stuff they're puttin into ff7/compilation because it is just so confusing!!! It makes sense when you get it, but if you don't get it, it's like a foreign language.

I thought the bishie trio were clones at first, but then they said they were "wondering spirits", so I assumed they were something that Jenova conjured up in the image of Sephiroth...So basically clones :P

Well, I never really thought about their origins, which is odd, 'cause I'm usually a stickler about vague details :huh:

thanx DM! I was really in the dark on this one. This makes perfect sense! I should call myself 'Wonder Boy', as in 'I wonder how I remotely call myself a FF fan'. lol

XD You're most welcome! I'm only too glad to help. I love answering questions like this. :P

And trust me, it took me about a month to sort out everything about the Remnants. Their history goes far back into the game history, so you really have to know all the fine details to see the connections. So you're well entitled to some confusion over what they are.

If anyone has anymore questions, I'll be only too happy to answer. Just post it here and I'll see it.

Do you really think SE meant for there to be a sequel like this? You know, planned for there to be a Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo? Because you say they're history goes back far into the game, but do you think they just tried to fix it into place?

Maybe Hojo tried to reinvent sephiroth so he could get his hands on Jenova's remains.

No, I don't think they originally planned for the Wonder Brothers in the beginning. Yet, the people demanded more and the creators asked themselves, 'How can we make a sequal?' They just happened to see that the Wonder Brothers was a possiblity and it could work, rather well at that. So they just flew with it. Did a good job, if I must say so myself.

Perhaps it might have been an original idea they had to drop during production of the game. Of course, DMs theory makes much more sense!

They did a good job for just randomly trying to base it on the game. They could have easily made a completely new plot line, but then again they needed to get Sephiroth in there somewhere didn't they? It was as if they just thought... 'right, need to get Sephiroth back...how?'

Back