Just wondering....

Gil
Cloud Strife
Hello there. im just curious about this. I was part of a final fantasy forum quite a few years back now. i think it was final fantasy shrine, well my experience was there was a lot of elitism (if you didnt say that everything after 6 was rubbish then you couldnt be part of the clique), a lot of grammar nazism, the moderators generally were just as bad as the trolls. you couldnt say you liked final fantasy 7 especially without setting off a ton of hatred, trolling and frustration. i was more less driven out of that website as it was such an unpleasant place to stay. how is it these days? have we all calmed down and grown up? i hope so.
My first impressions of this fine website are that maybe this place is a bit more civil, or maybe final fantasy fans generally are ageing and aren't as excited by flame wars anymore.

you get your idiots wherever you go lol. was never a [part of shrine, but this place has had its own fair of drama in the past, its mostly chilled out now though :wacky:

Yeah, like Bambi said, no matter where you go, there will be those people who aren't to your liking.

I haven't been here long, but this community is a pretty chill place! You're allowed and encouraged to post your thoughts and opinions, final fantasy related or not. I hope you see that and stick around. :monster:

I'm pretty much a giant troll. I mean an actual troll.

#SELFIE

Cave_troll.jpg

Hello there. im just curious about this. I was part of a final fantasy forum quite a few years back now. i think it was final fantasy shrine, well my experience was there was a lot of elitism (if you didnt say that everything after 6 was rubbish then you couldnt be part of the clique), a lot of grammar nazism, the moderators generally were just as bad as the trolls. you couldnt say you liked final fantasy 7 especially without setting off a ton of hatred, trolling and frustration. i was more less driven out of that website as it was such an unpleasant place to stay. how is it these days? have we all calmed down and grown up? i hope so.
My first impressions of this fine website are that maybe this place is a bit more civil, or maybe final fantasy fans generally are ageing and aren't as excited by flame wars anymore.

First of all, welcome to the forum.

I know that a lot of people come here with bad experiences, and tend to think this forum is a lot more laid back than the previous places they have visited. Speaking your mind when it comes to opinions about the Final Fantasy series (and anything else) is really encouraged here, as long as it still respects your fellow members. We tend to stand behind the idea that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you don't always have to see eye to eye, but there's no need to be rude.

I'm part of the Staff on this site, and I think I speak for all of us when I say that we strive to be as laid back as possible, but still keep things under control when needed. I honestly do not feel there is an elitist competition here, and that people who have been here longest feel the need to prove that to newcomers. On the contrary, our elite members are actually really helpful and supportive when it comes to welcoming new members into our community.

All forums will have their fall outs once in a while, members clash, it happens. If you ever find yourself in that position, the Staff team encourages people to send us a PM and we'll take care of the matter ASAP.

With that said though, once again, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time around here, and to see you around posting. =]

you like another FF game I don't like! GET OUT! :watching:

Seriously now, welcome enjoy your stay here, there are man opinions here about FF and yes sometimes they get a little heated, but overall I think most people accept the different opinions.

Welcome to the Sea of Fanta! :lew:

I hope you really enjoy your stay here and see that it's such a chilled out place to be. In fact, there are cookies at the entrance and Nutella at the shoutbox :sir:.

I like your username. :) Welcome, FineOldFantaSea!

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with another FF board. I can't promise that you'll have a pleasant time here because we all have different levels of tolerance, but I can promise that each and every single one in staff will try their best to be accommodating and be fair with the members. Our older members that are still around are also generally friendly and well, a bunch of goofballs so it might take some time for you get accustomed to their jokes, etc. I can honestly say that despite our low member base these days, I'm proud of this community. We're essentially like family.

Now, every forum has their bad apples. People leave because they don't want to deal with it, which is understandable. Those who sticks around, they might find that the good outweighs the bad and that they've established friendship/connections with others who have the same interests: Final Fantasy - among other things. We grew old with Final Fantasy, and some have lost their love for the series, but those people are still around. I'm sure they have their reasons. :)

I hope you give it some thought and stick around. We love to see new faces!

Yo, welcome. Yeah, I was on every ff website at least once, ffshrine was a huge pile of dog doodoo i skimmed the forum and saw that and luckily never signed up :lew: I think so even more so now after what happened with the whole srhbutts stuff being a creepy pedophile that rapes dogs. just one more reason why efefef is da best

long story short, this place is much more preferable to any other ff forum, without a doubt.

partially because it has me :pooley:

Hello FineOldFantaSea and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your bad experiences, I hope we can make a better impression! Final Fantasy Shrine was the first forum I ever joined and sadly I experienced pretty much the same things as you described; it wasn't for me so I left after a year. I realise that each community has their own vibe and what suits some, doesn't work for others.

The community we have here are pretty open and like to chat and debate a lot (a whole, whole lot! :lew:). There is a good variety of opinions and preferences expressed here and most times things remain fun and civil. Things can get a bit heated now and again but not in any elitist way, and we have a lot of staff with fire hoses about just in case!

Final Fantasy Forums' has a goodhearted community. It isn't perfect but it's definitely worth giving it a first and second chance. I hope you find something here you enjoy being a part of and become part of the family!

My god im actually bright red at this minute. you all didnt have to go through so much trouble welcoming me hehe . christ iv got to follow it up with actually appearing to be a likeable person now, yikes.

errrrr errrrrr? id better say something??

thanks you all for your quite overwhelming friendliness. and thanks for your sympathetic words over my bad experience, as you can imagine its still a very delicate subject for me ha.

Back