Help Is there any use for the Rusted Scrap of Armor?

Spi01

Gil
Hello!

Truly hope you are all in good health. 🙏

Well, I'm about to finish Final Fantasy XII for the third time, the second killing Yiazmat and Omega (first time I didn't care much for the sidequests) and the first time getting the Wyrmhero Blade (second time I couldn't finish the fishing minigame, lol).

I've got more than 400 hours of game and I don't think there is anything else to be done. But, an item still intrigues me...

That is the Rusted Scrap of Armor, a Key Item you get after felling Lindwyrm. Is there any usage for this item at all? Or is it just a souvenir?

The NPC that more relates to it could be the Wyrm Philosopher, but he disappears after giving you the Ageworn Key.

I didn't find any use for it on the WIKI so far, but there are mistakes there (like the Serpentarius acquisition). So, I decided to look here on the forum, yet found no topics about it. Thus, I am starting this thread.

Has anyone ever found any use for this item? Or does it just stays there forever, useless as life is?

Best wishes,

I don't think the item serves any practical purpose. You simply show it to the Lindwyrm hunt petitioner for some extra dialogue and that's essentially it.

I don't think the item serves any practical purpose. You simply show it to the Lindwyrm hunt petitioner for some extra dialogue and that's essentially it.

Okay, but that is quite odd, isn't it?

That makes it the very only Key Item with no purpose so far in the whole game. I mean, if it is a "Key Item" shouldn't it be a key for something?

If it is just a token, why they don't change it for a loot instead? A non-sellable loot, like the Sandalwood Chop for instance. Oh, that reminds me of suggesting that the Sandalwood Chop SHOULD be a Key Item, since it works as a key, lol.

So, it would seem that I kept looking for a use to this item all in vain, huh? Boring...

Okay, but that is quite odd, isn't it?

That makes it the very only Key Item with no purpose so far in the whole game. I mean, if it is a "Key Item" shouldn't it be a key for something?

If it is just a token, why they don't change it for a loot instead? A non-sellable loot, like the Sandalwood Chop for instance. Oh, that reminds me of suggesting that the Sandalwood Chop SHOULD be a Key Item, since it works as a key, lol.

So, it would seem that I kept looking for a use to this item all in vain, huh? Boring...

It counts as a 'key item' in the sense that it is considered related/important/key to a quest, rather than it being needed to function as an actual key. 'Quest item' would probably be a more accurate term.

As Linnaete says, I think this is basically just proof that you got the bounty. It might be one of the most useless items in the game from that point of view, but serves for bragging rights or a sense of pride for a job well done.

Back