[Interest Check] Secret Santa XMAS14

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassinoChips

Get out.
Veteran
Gil
Setzer's Tent
Hey people. We're considering putting together a Secret Santa event as a part of this year's Christmas events, but we need to see if there's enough interest to go forward with it. Those of you who have participated in it in previous years will remember it, but in case you need a refresher, or if this is your first Christmas with us, here's a previous iteration at which to take a gander: Secret Santa 2012

If you're interested in participating, post here or otherwise let me know soon-ish, so we can get it started.

Yep, I'd be willing to participate for old times sake IF we have enough people.

I'd join, even if there's only a few of us these days. If we can get 8-10 at least, I'd still consider it successful.

This sounds really fun and I've never had the opportunity to join one of these before. Count me in! :x3:

Will try and read last years rules when I get home and decide then, unless anyone wants to send me a TLDR version to my inbox

@iSmiff

Basically how Secret Santa is generally played in real life. :) Everyone's names are placed in a hat (or whatever Jesse can find) and everyone will have someone assigned to them. For example, let's say Jesse randomly picks you as my assigned member. That means I am your Secret Santa! It has to be kept in secrecy though, and for a few weeks I have to come up with ideas what to give you as 'gift'. People tend to come up with all sorts of ideas, from poems, drawings, signature set, voice-clips with a nice little message but not revealing who they are, Gil, etc. Everything has to be turned in to Jesse, and he'll set everything up once it's ready. Afterwards, we all just kick back and enjoy the gifts and try to guess who our Secret Santa was.

I don't remember if we did it last year, but for one member that was assigned to me in 2012, I gave her a drawing, a voice-clip wishing her a Merry Christmas even though I didn't know her too well, and turned the drawing into a smiley: :squid:

I'd like to join as well! Sounds fun. :3

I'm hella busy this week (so sorry that I haven't been around much!) but sure, I'll throw my hand into this too. As long as real addresses aren't needed to be exchanged?

I'm hella busy this week (so sorry that I haven't been around much!) but sure, I'll throw my hand into this too. As long as real addresses aren't needed to be exchanged?

Nah, it's all online stuff. Unless you're willing to go that route. Totally not required though.

...but if anyone wants to donate their pincode and ATM card to me, feel free to. :griin:

Ok, looks like we'll definitely have enough to do this. Anybody else that wants to join, you have until tomorrow sometime in the evening-ish EST (exactly exact) when I get this officially started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back