I'm now angry at Square Enix because of Crisis Core

Raspberry

Gil

^^SO it looks like Gackt never got in the way of having Crisis Core re-released or remade. And that may sound like a good thing, but now it begs the question. If Gackt never got in the way of Crisis Core. What stopped them from even porting the game? or remixing it.

Its great we're getting Crisis Core remastered (and possibly new ending). But porting the game onto Vita should've been easy to do. I'm someone who owns a Vita and still love it. But i see Square Enix really hurt it by going above and beyond what should've been an easy port into a huge re-vamp release on console. But games like Type-0 look and feel better on portable device. Same with Crisis Core.

It seems like it just confirms how Square Enix really doesn't listen to their audience.

S-E aren't the only dev' like that though and truth be told sometimes the fans demands can be too much or not always in the companies best interest. It seems like S-E had little to no interest in the Vita as a whole, especially in comparison to the whopping amount of ports and games we got on PSP - The ports of FF1, 2 & 4 still being the best versions of them titles IMO.

in regards to CC, yes I have wanted a HD port for a very long time. As soon as the 'Remake' was announced I had doubts on whether it would ever happen - As leading up to it's release we never quite knew where the FF7 Compilation projects stood as a whole. Now we know that everything is still canon and in connect to the new game series, it seems a great time to finally push this forward. Many new players experiencing FF7 via the 'Remake' will be clueless about Zack and releasing Crisis Core Reunion prior to Rebirth will fill them in with all the context needed going forward.

I'm also glad to hear they're not making significant changes to the story! Of course after playing 'Remake' this was my 1st concern, yet it has been confirmed the story will remake as it was in the original release - If they throw in a few extras, I can't argue with that. The game looks good and I am quite excited to play it and replay the whole FF7 Compilation!

S-E aren't the only dev' like that though and truth be told sometimes the fans demands can be too much or not always in the companies best interest. It seems like S-E had little to no interest in the Vita as a whole, especially in comparison to the whopping amount of ports and games we got on PSP - The ports of FF1, 2 & 4 still being the best versions of them titles IMO.

in regards to CC, yes I have wanted a HD port for a very long time. As soon as the 'Remake' was announced I had doubts on whether it would ever happen - As leading up to it's release we never quite knew where the FF7 Compilation projects stood as a whole. Now we know that everything is still canon and in connect to the new game series, it seems a great time to finally push this forward. Many new players experiencing FF7 via the 'Remake' will be clueless about Zack and releasing Crisis Core Reunion prior to Rebirth will fill them in with all the context needed going forward.

I'm also glad to hear they're not making significant changes to the story! Of course after playing 'Remake' this was my 1st concern, yet it has been confirmed the story will remake as it was in the original release - If they throw in a few extras, I can't argue with that. The game looks good and I am quite excited to play it and replay the whole FF7 Compilation!

Actually Square Enix gave a lot of attention to the games. Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Dawn of Souls. Final Fantasy 3 PSP version. Final Fantasy 4: The Complete Collection (which just includes after years and a new interquel). Final Fantasy 5 and 6 are there in their ps1 version. 7, 8, and 9 as well. Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2 remastered of course.

And we also had Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, Mana series, Star Ocean, and Arc the Lad.

I also theorize that Square Enix is going to change the story to the point of not being recognizable but leading to the same ending. i just hope they don't screw too much. what was the point of showing us that Zack survived in part 1?

Back