Fusionist

Obnoxious Romantic
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Eldeen Modestine
FFXIV Server
Shiva
Ghod, I phail so hard. I've had FFVII for...I don't even know how many years now, but I still haven't beaten that weapon. In fact, I only remember beating Emerald once :ness:

Anyone else? xD

Same here. I've beaten Emerald, but I don't think I've ever beaten Ruby. Then again, I've only tried twice but by the time I got to him I was just so exhausted with the game lol.

Last edited:
First time I encountered Emerald was by accident. I thought it was just a really rare monster and I accidentally ran into him. Suffice to say that I got destroyed. Anyway I have beaten both weapons once, however it was awhile ago, so I plan on starting a new game soon, so that I can beat them again :grin: I still owe Emerald payback for making me have to go back redo all of that work I did, before he KOd my party while I was on my way to the world map to save!

it took me a while to take ruby down, mainly becuase i just never thought to load up a character with the essential materia, and kill the other 2 off before battle, i went on like that for ages :ffs:

Took it down eventually... think i just spammed KOTR & MP absorb

The first time I beat Emerald was quite a feat, it took forever, and I didnt do it the easy way either, I struggled with that bastard for ages, beat it several times since with KOTR Mime. Made a massive difference when I finally realised the Air Tam Storm thing as well.... :ffs:

The first time I beat it, I had to rely on final attack phoenix/life to survive that attack because i was always rather foolishly loaded with materia

I didnt half make it hard on myself, it amazes me I ever actually got through that fight

I used the 2-character-KO-KOTR-spam to kill Ruby. I made Cloud near invincible, and basically just W-Summon-Mimed KOTR over and over. Made a cup of tea, ate a sandwich, and read a book while fighting :)

I haven't beaten either of them. :hmmm: I remember the very first time, I was at level 70 so I felt invincible, and rammed the sub into Emerald. Didn't take 5 minutes and it was game over. :wacky:

Every time I play, I do the chocobo breeding, racing and I make sure I collect everything, but I always end up wanting to finish the story. I should really consider completing the game. After all, it's been like 10 years. :gonk:

I've only beaten Ruby once, and dont plan on doing it again. honestly it was so long ago i forgot what exactly i did, although i know i was past lvl 70.

I used the 2-character-KO-KOTR-spam to kill Ruby. I made Cloud near invincible, and basically just W-Summon-Mimed KOTR over and over. Made a cup of tea, ate a sandwich, and read a book while fighting :)

This is the trick! You gotta kill you two other members before the battle. That way Ruby buries his claws right away. There are other tricks, Barret Limit Break trick, Vincent broken weapon trick.

You could always try for Cait Sith Limit break?! Sure fire way to do it!

Same here lol, I'm one of those who LOVES JRPG's, but kinda sucks at them xD the only weapon I've beat is Ultima weapon tbh :)

I beat the game... Idk how many times, I finally beat it for the first time the last time I played it... Back in January of this year... I have to say... SO NOT WORTH IT! :rofl:
I felt no accomplishment, more like "Revive it so I can kill the F**king thing again that little piece of s**t can die again and again and again! :rage: " Seriously don't blame anyone for trying to not kill this...or the Diamond weapon while were at it :hmmm:

the ruby Weapon doesnt have status protection agaisnt paralize, so i used the w-item materia trick and launched at him and the W-Summon KotR and he fell. The first time i beat him i had only Cloud since Ruby got Rid of the rest of the party, took me a hour to beat him and then, THE FREAKING GAME FREEZED.

Then it became easy to kill, by the Way he is the Coolest Weapon in all FF, if we ever see a FF7 remake (Wich i dont want) the Coolest thing would see RUBY in HD.

In the amounts I've played this game over the years, I have never beaten either of those goddamn things. I'll wait a few months to get it on my PSN as I can't be bothered looking for my old memory card with all my saved stuff on it. Forever frustrated over my lack of ability to kill these assholes.

Emerald for me as well was an accident, I was like I am going to prepare for this once again last fight with seph and I was in my sub and it was like battle time! and I was like OH GOD NOT AGAIN I FORGOT TO PUT ON THE UNDERWATER MATERIA?!! haha I looked and was like 30 mins impossible....but then it happened and I beat him with 5 Minutes to spare. Ruby was a one of that me and my cousin did together. Killed off two team mates and then followed similar tactics to that of emerald....got ruby was a hard person to beat. I don't blame you if you haven't beaten him yet :D

I beat Ruby unprepared and without doing the spam the kotr trick :P I was so proud of myself but I did die and retry for over an hour >__>

Back