Dirge of Cerberus I just beat DoC: FFVII! Here is my review.

Scarlet

*wobbles*
Veteran
Gil
There were a few threads that were made recently beating a Final Fantasy game. I've created a thread where you can post about your review on the game.

If you have beaten Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII for the first time...Please post your Final Fantasy I reviews here.

If you beat Dirge of Cerberus already and still want to write a review, then go ahead.^_^

I've finished DOC ages ago but I wanted to write a review.

Dierge of cerberus is a great game which is exsiting and keeps you engaged in the game with an interesting storyline and great game that keeps most people on there seat. The graphics in some of the storylines was breath taking and the overall graphics were good anyway. There could have been some changes to the game play and it could have been a little longer but overall the game was awsome.

DOC gets a 8/10 from The Hunter.

Dirge of Cerberus follows the story of Vincent Valentine, a human experiment that had participated in saving the world previously, and his quest to save it once again from the awakening of a supposedly mythical beast called "Omega" via trained killers in serious need of psychotherapy treatment.

DoC contained many emotive concepts that kept the player gripped such as the sceneries of where Vincent envisions his dead lover and where Yuffie (another of the characters) bangs her head in a truck and expects sympathy. DoC has a vast range of characters such as Cait Sith- a walking, talking cat;Barret- A dude with a fucking machine gun atached to his arm; Nero- a guy that has mechanical wings on his back and wisps of eerie, dark aura that orbit him like some kinda of fucked up planet; Gandalf...oh wait. Wrong game. My bad.

I found the attention to graphical detail and imanginary ideas put into the game very interesting and commendable. I was particuarly pleased by the length of Yuffie's (one of Vincents comapnions) hot pants. I was also very interested by the gradual crescendo of plot and twists.

The game had a quintessential length and nothing particuarly bad could be thought of. Overall i fairly enjoyed the game and indutibly will be looking forward to any sequels.

Rating: 8/10

It was beautiful that. I'm so proud of my review:P

Completed it not long ago here go's..

Final Fantasy VII - Dirge of Cerberus takes place three years after the events of Final Fantasy VII and in my opinion has a excellent storyline. Vincent Valentine has to fight of the 'Shadow Of The Shinra Company' Deepground, in this third person shooter game you can run around as Vincent and shoot down Deepground soldiers aswell as unsolve mysterys. As Vincent Travels along he finds out more about his past and about Chaos that is inside of him. Deepground is trying to awake 'Omega' a lifeform that will suck the life out of the planet and embark on a trip through the stars but somehow Vincent has to stop this.
The Graphics are overall brilliant in most cutscenes and not too bad in gameplay aswell this could off been improved. I enjoyed this game greatly and recommend it to anyone who is wishing to play it.
However as much as I did enjoy this game, I wished it could have been longer than it was. I completed it in a mere three days and wished there had been more added.

Overall, Final Fantasy VII - Dirge of Cerberus gets a 8/10. :)

I have finished this game some time ago, but still i wanna reply :) Then:
-Excellent storyline
-3rd person shooter (something new in FF series)
-Beautifull cutscene
-If you played other FFVII games like Crisis core or FF7, or you just watched FFVII Advent Children, then you have to play this game
I think that square-enix is planning next FFVII title taking place after DOC (watch secret ending)
Hope you'll like this game, just like me!

it was alright not bad nor great but just good.

it was a 1st person shooter which i didnt mind. customizing was alright but lvling felt kinda awkward. the story was very good. i also was happy with how u could skip scenes so wouldnt hav to watch it over and over again after u die. u learn alot about vincent and his story with shinra. if you played the first ff7 game, youll recognize alot of scenes from the first game in better graphics which is exciting :)

overall not bad nor great, wouldve been a higher score if it was for the psp.
6.9/10

Overall a great game. The story was a bit short, but the extra missions after you had finished the game are still keeping me occupied.
Great game.
Great graphics.
8/10

Just want to say.

its a great game. the graphics were awesome. and even though the story isnt that long the replay is awesome. and the ex hard more is great too

all up id personally give it a 9/10

im almost done with the game, i have 2 more chapters to go. the game is great. i love the gameplay, the characters and most especially the story. i love the drama going on between vincent and lucrecia, they were really meant for each other. i wish he was sephiroth's dad instead of that pedophile hojo.

How do the controls feel compare to other 3rd person shooters like Gears of War and Uncharted? I've never been a big fan of the way Japan designed shooting games which is why I've been hesitant to play Dirge of Cerberus.

I dont think it was a very good game at all. I think they should have kept final fantasy as a rpg and not have changed it into an fps. I say they could have done better. You cant max your lvl on it which i love to do on FFs but i liked the story mainly, just not the gameplay.

I give FF: DOC a 3/10

Earlier this month, I decided to get this game because a friend of mine wanted me to try a genre other than RPGs. I have never played a third person shooter game before this, so the controls were hard to get used to at first. (especially using the analog sticks to move Vincent and the camera around. I hardly use those.)

At first, I didn't like how long some of the stages were for each chapter, seemed too long. Using the guns was hard, locking onto enemies wasn't easy. Melee combat was alright, it has to be used on some enemies in later chapters as the guns won't work on them. I found some enemies to be really annoying, like ones with rocket launchers that would constantly fire at you. :rage: You'd hardly have any time to get away from it, making you use up quite a few Potions. Getting backed into a corner with several enemies that use melee attacks isn't fun either. >_>

I liked some of the hidden items (Model Gun eventually upgrading into the Ultima Weapon, better than the Cerberus. The Lucky S Barrel is good for EXP.), though what you had to do to get the one in Chapter 6 was ridiculous (I just couldn't keep all the soldiers alive). >_>

I can't say anything about EX Hard Mode or the Extra Missions as I haven't tried them. Probably won't either. Normal Mode was hard enough for me, and I don't really care about the missions.

Anyway, the game was a challenge for me, I'm kind of surprised that I beat it.

Back