I hate being the new guy... again haha

dra600n

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Hey all!

I hate being the new guy on forums, but it's inevitable if you want to join a community :P

I'll just give some quick specifics about myself:
Favorite FF game: Tie between 3j and 6 (3j on the NES, not the DS remake)
I hate portable gaming. Give me a big screen to play games on.
I've beaten FF1, 3j, 4, 6, 7, 9, X, XIII, and XIII-2 for the main series.
I hate MMO's, so I'll never play (or own) XI or XIV.

This is the 2nd FF forum I've ever joined. The first was FFAddicts.com a good decade ago, but the site (and the site it turned into) went away. I wonder if anyone here is from there?

Anyway, I hope to stick around for a while :)

Welcome to FFF!

I've never heard of FFAddicts.com so I'm not sure if we have any members from that forum. Hopefully, you'll enjoy our forum though. =)

Welcome to the forum, as I assume FFAddicts was your home, welcome to your second home. Bathroom's at the end of the hall.

Join us in the SB sometime! :D

Shoutbox. It's where the weird people gather. :lew:

Ha! And here I was looking through all the forum names and sub forums thinking "wtf is SB?! ....."

I shall join ya weirdos there lol

Hahaha, sorry, I should've specified! :D

Hello welcome to the Forum !

I looked up Final Fantasy addicts online via Google search and it's completely dead now.

So, you haven't gotten into VIII? Is that on purpose too, or you just haven't got it yet?
Welcome! And don't worry, you won't be the new guy for too long XD

Welcome to Final Fantasy Forum
Here we talk about everything but Final Fantasy!

I tried to play 8, but I couldn't get into it. I dislike the junction system and having to build weapons, and the game felt... I don't know... just didn't feel like even a mediocre Final Fantasy to me. I do own it, though.

Yea, Final Fantasy Addicts has been gone since 2004-2005 time when it switch names to Gaming Addicts Network (gamingaddicts.net), which died off around 2007-2008 time. A few members had spawned off at the time and created rgamers.net (or .com?), but that site soon took a back seat and no longer exists.

I found a retro gaming community over on nintendoage.com (lots of collectors there), but not dedicated to one of my favorite series of all time xD

I've played a little bit of FF2j (found a bug that you can level up your ability each fight), but became disinterested in it for some reason or another, and I do have FF5 on the GBA (as well as a SNES reproduction translation), and the PS1 release, but the PS1 releases have horrible load times, so I never bothered with them. I also have FFX-2, but never got past the intro (it kind of turned me off with the whole singing thing /sigh), and I've played FF12, but lost my memory card, and really didn't feel like starting over.

I suppose I should give a little more info about me:

I am a huge retro game collector/player. I have over 200 SNES games (many of the major titles), about 100 or so SNES games, about 500 Genesis games (maybe 350 - 400, idk, I lost count), around 40 or 50 Sega Master System games, a few Sega CD and 32x games, and a few Saturn games, as well as current gen games (360 and Wii, though I modded my Wii since there's so much shitware on it, I see no need in buying crappy titles - it's mainly used for emulating translated ROMs, if it ever gets turned on).

I'm also a retro game developer in my spare time, and I also create reproductions of rom hacks and translated games that never saw the light of day in North America. I'm currently working on a puzzle game for the Sega Genesis, as well as an RPG for the Genesis as well.

So far, I like it here. Lots of welcoming people into their club, and some of you shoutboxers are just a trip :P

Hey! I'm new too! Actually I think I used to be on here a long time ago...I thought I'd sign back up to read up on some of the games that I played while growing up. I'm hoping to stick around for awhile, I hope you do too!

Back