Help I am preparing to beat Sin

Guernsey

Final Fantasy Nut
Gil
I am going to try all the sidequests to see if I can power myself up to beat Sin, I am trying to break the damage so that I can beat Sin easier. It is going to take me hours and hours but I am going to try and see if I can find a way to beat Sin. Even my younger cousin has yet to beat the game and he had it for ten years (he moved on to other things so that is another story), I am reading various guides on how to get the Celestial weapons and stuff but what else should I look out for before I beat the Final Boss?

I am going to try all the sidequests to see if I can power myself up to beat Sin, I am trying to break the damage so that I can beat Sin easier. It is going to take me hours and hours but I am going to try and see if I can find a way to beat Sin. Even my younger cousin has yet to beat the game and he had it for ten years (he moved on to other things so that is another story), I am reading various guides on how to get the Celestial weapons and stuff but what else should I look out for before I beat the Final Boss?
I spent anywhere from 4 to 6 hours a night powering up before bosses. I would find a save sphere right before a boss and stay close. I would move a few feet away and move in a cirlce until i encountered a monster. I would whoop it's A**, then save. Saving heals you completely. All status ailments, low MP, low HP, etc. All back to normal. I found this out towards the end and wasted 100's of thousands of Gil. You can put oyur characters and Aeons into overdrive this way as well. So going into battle with all Aeons and all characters in overdrive, helps so much. I always beat every boss in a few turns on the first time around this way. It was a tedious task every night but was worth it when I got to the boss. I wasn't cursing and getting mad and having to put the controller down cuz I kept dying. Like I said, I was blowing through bosses left and right.

I made a similar post in this here -> http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/54443-Sin-Am-I-ready . you should check it out so maybe you know where you should be around "ATLEAST". I posted my stats and abilities. I was up there and still had a hard time. I made it through without dying once though. I didn't have any celestial weapons. I didn't obtain Anema either or any other of the extra Aeons. A member told me that it wasn't necessary.. and he was right, it wasn't.

The ending is super sad! So be prepared if your the sappy mushy type lol I certainly am!! It's the reason I had to start X-2 immediately after beating X. Anywho, one thing I am absolutely glad I got in the beginning, is the ability flee. Make sure you obtain that and teach Kumahri steal! He fights his 2 brothers by himself, 3 quarters of the way through the game and if you have taught him the ability steal; He can steal level 3 spheres during this battle. I mean at this point in the game they are rare. It's not until later that they become more readily available.

I beat Sin in two minutes. A few attacks and summoned Anima, but that was overwhelmingly and ridiculously easy so you might want to avoid summoning if you are up for a challenge. Power-leveling helps but it really should not be a big deal. As such, I can't offer advice since it has been some years ago and the details are not all that clear in my mind. I just remember being disappointed with the final boss. But you can do it, bro.

If you break the damage limit and max it to 99999 like I did.. You can beat the boss in 1 turn. So much for challenge..The real deal are some of the arena monsters and the dark aeons/penance if you re playing the PAL(international) version of the game otherwise you still have the calm lands arena monsters, check a guide on that it will be amazing!

If you're looking for a challenge, Break Damage Limit should probably be around 20000 HP damage. Otherwise, you're going to have a breeze of a final confrontation.

The Omega Ruins are a great place to max out your sphere grids (if they're not yet), and, obviously, Celestial Weapons should be obtained anyway.

What else to look for? :hmmm: Well, I would say learning Haste and Hastaga for Tidus and Rikku (everyone really), and Cheer! With this combination, bosses and fighting becomes very easy. Cast haste on someone with cheer and then use cheer at its max (I think about 15 times?). This, coupled with haste, will increase your strength by a LOT. This doesn't stick after battle, but it is very useful if you aren't looking for a three hit kill system, aka something challenging.

You might want to teach Yuna (or whoever stands in your party with a similar job) the Nul magics, and Ultima. With Ultima, you can defeat the Sin on the airship incredibly easy. It won't let you KO it in a few turns, but it works very well. Lulu should know all the third level black magic too, and you'll want some items to mix or throw at Sin when you are far away (or if you are battling Final Sin, same thing; works well). The Cure levels and lots of Items that can heal you, especially bring you back to "life", will be needed as well.

Besides that, you pretty much are getting what helps the most; the Celestrial weapons, Break Limit (I don't ever get this because it makes the game easy), and if you aren't, go collect the Aeons. Magus Sisters and Anima, as well as Yojimbo, could help you out.

...Break Damage Limit...
During my first play through of Final Fantasy X I spent far too long in the Calm Lands Monster Arena and became far too strong. With Break Damage Limit I ended up 2hkoing the final boss, which was really disappointing.
I'd advise not getting Break Damage Limit until you've beaten the final boss.

Yeah, don't use or sell any items that you don't recognize or can't buy in shops. Seriously. If you don't know what it does, what it's for, where you can get more, then leave it alone. It could prove to be extremely useful in customizing your weapons and armor (I repeat: weapons and armor - don't waste it on an Aeon if it's a rare item that can be used to customize sweet equipment).

I made the mistake of using Dark Matter and now I'm having a bitch of a time getting it. Not very fun.

Break damage limit is all you really need. I usually over train and end up beating his final form in two normal attacks.

Back