Global Moderator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Coloured Thread
Chocobo Egg
Shiva Snowflake
Hello, it's me, a layeraholic :waves:

Just curious, do you guys keep your layers nice, neat & organized? Or are you a sloppy mess, like myself? To what extent do you keep your layers organized, and do you delete all the unused unloved layers after you've 'finished' whatever you've been working on?

Generally I keep things as organized as possible in the beginning, but since I layer a bunch of things on a background & duplicate things so much.... I kiiiiinda tend to get a little messy after a while of working. I try and keep my important stuff grouped together & organized, but instead of titling every single layer I tend to toss a bunch into a Group folder & title the folder itself instead. By the time I reach the finish line I tend to have my layers half titled and half 'Layer ###' instead. 😂

I used to go in at the end and retitle everything & keep it all nice & neat, but now I just trash old junk layers I know I won't use or need & just hope I won't ever have to reopen my PSD again. :wacky: Very seldom to I ever utilize the color option to highlight the layer panel colors, but I do if my piece is very, very crowded (so generally not for signatures, but for drawings & stuff) and that's... well, that.

Sample of my poor layer-organization...
I typically have more layers but this was perfect for a sample:
1644204472802.png

🙈 I'm sorry

I feel kinda bad because at one time I was super organized in this department, but anymore I just don't care I guess 😂 I do feel slightly more motivated to go back in & fix some of them though!

So what's your layer situation generally look like?

I also use a lot layers in general. Mine are the same level (I don't know those advanced techniques you use :ROFLMAO:). Mine also come with random names. I am a tiny bit more organized when I draw actually than when I do GFX.
Screenshot-2022-02-07-at-11-50-05-PM.png

Art example: A tiny bit more organized...
Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 11.52.22 PM.png

In the past I've used way more layers. Those are pretty modest numbers I must admit.

Attachments

• Screenshot-2022-02-07-at-11-50-05-PM.png
    Screenshot-2022-02-07-at-11-50-05-PM.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 108
Back