Has anyone played the Android version of this game (FFIV)?

Gavindale Marchovia

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Has anyone played the Android version of this game (FFIV)? Is it any good? How's the gameplay? I was looking at screen shots, it looks alot like the DS version.

AuronX

aka LukeLC
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
FFXIV
L'ulech Tia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
The Android version is a direct port of the DS version, so that's why they look the same! In fact, the Android version still has the same typos :P

It is quite good. Gameplay translates very well to a touch screen and the voice acting is excellent. Can't go wrong with Liam O'Brien! I enjoyed it.

Gavindale Marchovia

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Thanks for the heads up! I had been talking with a friend of mine the other day, about emulators, games, consoles, and such. He had mentioned the Android. I had never heard of it, so I took a peek online to see what the fuss was about. On a whim, I looked up some of my favorite RPGS (Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, and Secret of Mana). I was taken by the improved graphics in these games. So I did a little more research, and found that these four games have improved graphics, sound, dialogue, etc. Needless to say, I was excited and wanted to play these new versions of the games I listed above. My question is this... I have Secret of Mana for the Wii, I have Final Fantasy IV, V, and V for the PS, and Final Fantasy IV for the DS. Would it be a waste to go and get the Android versions, and should I stick with what I have? Again, the Android versions have better graphics, sound, and dialogue, which is what attracted me to them in the first place. (btw, if I get the Android versions, they would be on my PC, I do not have an Android.)

Visceron

Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
I am currently playing FF4 on the Android. It is basically a direct port of the Nintendo DS version with improved graphics. I own the FF2 for the SNES and will always have that soft spot for the game as I have lived on that game for years as a kid. You can play android games with Bluestacks but I think you have to pay for that.