Golden-Voiced Homeless Man Captivates Internet

mattbgamer

Solider of the Wasteland
Veteran
North of Ohio, South of Canada, West of Wisconsin,
Gil
Story: http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/51933/golden-voiced-homeless-man-captivates-internet/

Did anybody hear about this? When I went over to my parents house yesterday this guy was all over the news. It is truly amazing the way life works, I mean he was an homeless man who not only beat his bad habits but didn't give up on life. If you watch the video I dont think there is an entire moment that he wasn't smiling, I mean a guy that had virtually nothing but the clothes on his back and he was smiling more than I do in a week.

I actually just saw the video the other day, he's awesome :yay: Just goes to show how wrong it is to stereotype people and whatnot, since the homeless often get a bad rap for some reason. This guy was able to get over his troubles on his own, seemed very down-to-earth and well spoken (he speaks better English than some wealthy people IRL that I know :confused:), and now with this attention, could possibly even get a job somewhere doing radio work or something. He recognized that he had a particular talent, and did something to try to help himself by using it, and more power to him for it, I say. I always hate it when homeless people get stereotyped and shyed away from and stuff, because many of them are like this dude, they're all just normal people who had bad luck in life, and many of them have a lot of interesting things to say if you were to actually stop and have a conversation with them. I met quite a few of them when I used to take the bus to college, and not once did I ever meet one who seemed crazy, drunk, or even particularly smelly, for that matter, as per the common image that they've somehow garnered. :hmmm:

He's already made it to the top, guys. :ryan:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/51933/golden-voiced-homeless-man-captivates-internet/

As evidenced by Williams' new haircut, what a difference a day makes. A mere 24 hours after the video went viral, Williams says he's already been offered a bunch of employment opportunities, including one that's a Ohio citizen's dream job. "The Cleveland Cavaliers just offered me a full-time job and a house," Williams revealed. The Cavs will reportedly have to compete against MTV, the NFL and likely countless more suitors for Williams' services.

Glad to see the guy back on his feet. :yay:

wow what a voice..his mother is 92 and he managed to still see her while he is clean. Wow its really beautiful things like this happen in the world... makes me smile.:)
Some people deserve better..Im happy some do get a chance..

This story was so heartwarming. I saw the video on the web a few days ago as a news reporter had done a story on it. His voice is truly remarkable and he was blessed with a gift. As Gamingway said, it's so unfortunate that the homeless are often overlooked or shied away from due to the fact that some people have misconceptions about them. Not every homeless person is a delirious alcoholic or mentally unstable person. You have people like this guy who just fell into a bad situation, overcame his habits, cleaned himself up, utilized his talent, and is not getting opportunities left and right. The universe can work in some mysterious ways, in a way, I think we could all take a bit of a lesson from this extraordinary man.

I'm just so happy that he got to where he is, he deserved it. :)

I heard about this at work the other day. It's a wonderful story. His voice is awesome. I hope everything works out for him.

I heard about this guy on the news earlier in the week. What an amazing story. Someone who "made it" and actually really deserved it. It was actually something non-depressing to see on the nightly news.

I heard about this at work the other day. It's a wonderful story. His voice is awesome. I hope everything works out for him.

Yeah, I thought that too. Before I heard of his background.

♡ C a l i ♡;861691 said:

Holy fucking shit. That man is anal pained beyond all repair. Fuck Preparation H, he's going to need some Preparation Z. :rofl:

Ted Williams openly admits that he made mistakes, and took full responsibility for his actions. It led him to poverty, disconnection from his family, and drove him to panhandling on the streets. Even in the original video he openly admits to his faults.

He's getting a second chance, and, being a religious man, he thanks god for it. I don't see a problem with it, to be frank. It's giving him a chance to give back, get his life in order, etc. In all honesty, the man in that video is getting asspained because he thinks kids in broadcasting won't have a chance now.

That's not his problem, and none of his concern. He's just another jelly, loudmouthed moron that likes to bitch and scream on youtube when they see something they don't like.

Ted Williams suffered, struggled, and isn't afraid to tell people that he made mistakes. More power to him, most would run from it. I'm glad to see Ted Williams turning his life around.

I was also tickled to see him getting LeBron James' old house. That was hilarious. :ryan:

♡ C a l i ♡;861691 said:

Cali, I usually agree with most of what you have to say on the forums...but instead of saying the man isn't deserving of all that has come his way... I'm just going to say lets hope that he can use some of his money to get the help that he really needs in rehab:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110112/wr_nm/us_homeless_voice

Some people say some are so undeserving of their money and royalties, but aren't most celebrities not worthy of the large amount of money that they have? This guy is at least more worthy than most, he has lived a hard hard life...he's been homeless and I think not having a roof over my head and food to eat, the basic necessities to even be able to live, is probably my worst nightmare. Plus he has some sort of addiction to drugs/alcohol or both? Alcohol/drug addiction isn't a choice, its a disease that people need to be treated for.

The worst part of that YouTube vid is the part about some kid going to school to be a broadcaster who legitimately goes to school, completes it and goes to find a job and he can't find one...of course he deserves a job, he earned it. ...and no someone who is homeless obviously does not have the qualifications that someone who went to school has had...but why don't both people deserve a job? Its always about being fair and just with things going to the most qualified people...and yes it usually is the case otherwise this man's story wouldn't have been so overly publicized...So I don't know why the guy on this video has to make such a huge and hateful stink about the situation. I feel really sorry for homeless people... most won't ever get a break from that hard way of life. This man gets a window of opportunity, has made obvious mistakes in his life like we all do and now its like he never deserved his opportunity in the first place.

Last edited:
♡ C a l i ♡;861691 said:
This guy's a total douche. Hes obviously hungry for attention. quit yer shit dude.

I've heard about the 'Golden Voice' guy and you know what? I'm happy for him. I'm glad he's deciding to change his life for the better and, get back on his feet. Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes, his cost him is family and his house as well as his job. We all need a wake up call every now and then to show that hey, we should be grateful and, Ted is. he thanks god and all that good jazz. Most people dont own up to their actions but, Ted has.
It's a very heart-warming story and, I love his voice it's amazing x]

I wish him the best ^^

♡ C a l i ♡;861691 said:

Lol. Homeboy makes it sound like the guy wanted to be homeless and on drugs. You know what, the guy made some big mistakes in his life, and paid for them, now he's on his way back up. More power to him. And the loudmouth internet tough guy can stick it.

♡ C a l i ♡;861691 said:

I love how this guy's like "Oh, these kids are going to broadcasting school and their parents are dishing out all this money" and we're supposed to be feeling sorry for those kids :rofl: I'm having to pay for every penny of my 4.5 years of tuition, motherf*cker, and my degree still hasn't gotten me the job I want, four years after I'm out of school. Seriously, there would be WAAAAAAAAAAY more homeless people on the streets if people who make mistakes didn't have relatives who could bail them out all the time, therefore: being successful/not homeless says absolutely nothing about one's character and ambitions :mokken:

My theory has always been that homeless people most likely DON'T have relatives who can bail them out, or maybe don't even have living relatives at all. Thus anyone whose family has ever helped them out financially should feel grateful that they're not living on the street, and that they can even go to school at all. Because if you lost all your money, and there was no one to help you out and you couldn't get any sort of government aid, then you would be totally screwed like Ted Williams was.

...I probably should have typed this whole thing in caps though, because apparently when you scream your views at the top of your lungs, it somehow makes them more valid :ffs: I'll never understand the science behind it, but it seems to be a growing trend lately.

Back