Final Fantasy Forums

Blue Mage
Veteran
Gil
Tonberry
GLOBAL MODERATORS

D2xpiKv.png

Staff Member: Galadín
AKA: Gala, Gal, Lagadín, Galadiction, Aladin, Paladin, Galahad, GalaMean, Gala Dean
Staff Position: Orience Moderator
Joined Site: July 2013
Joined Staff: September 2014
Staff History: Galadín started out as a Graphics Clan Leader around September of 2013. Later Galadín joined the staff as an Orience Moderator in 2014 bringing her previous experience for hosting tournaments and moderating difficult sections. She hasn't slept well since.

Bio: Galadín spent her early years cavorting around the countryside imagining new worlds and conversing with elves and fairies. Very much an idealistic dreamer she maintains her childlike naivety which manifests through her "rose tinted glasses" comments and opinions. Although a little awkward (understatement) she tries to be kind even if she does get a bit loopy sometimes!

Interests / Hobbies: Traditional & Digital drawing, Graphic Design, Gaming, Basketball, Piano, Music and Reading.

Fun Facts:
• Galadín loves Moogles a whole whole lot but Cactuars give her the creeps
• For Galadín music is like caffeine and she can get truly horrible if she doesn’t get her weekly iTunes card.
• Galadín is ambidextrous.

Approachability: I’m here to serve!

Favourite FF: Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
-What made you decide to become a staff member here, and why do you stay?

What can I say? I’m a sucker for punishment! :wacky:

-Do you find it easy to work with your fellow team members? You may give specific names and examples.

Sometimes. It depends on what the flavour of the month is. Most times I’ll be all gung ho for blackcurrant while everyone else is supping on strawberry; c’est la vie.

-What are some challenges you face (or have faced) as a staff member?

Hmm, although I’m known to agonise over every detail or see the different sides of a story, when it comes to rules and such like, it’s very much black and white to me. This can be a big challenge since I’m a bit strict and a stickler for following such things, so it can be difficult when dealing with situations where others are adopting a laid back, “sure it’s fine” approach.

In any case it’s just something I have to take a deep breath and count to ten over. If all else fails, it’s nothing a good drink won’t fix!

-What are some key improvements you've noticed about our current staff team and administration?

We give each other a little more room to breathe. I like to think that most of us trust each other to deal with our own corner. When working as a team, it’s still important to have your own thing to take care of and contribute, so giving each other space has helped a lot.

-In your opinion, what are the most important positive qualities of this forum?

The most important positive quality is definitely the effort everyone puts in, staff and members alike. Without this, it would be really crap.

-Describe a typical (or memorable) day in the job. What do you find most enjoyable about your job?

Normally when I log in, I read my mail, browse through the newest posts then take Gaia’s temperature. Then I’ll get a cup of coffee, psyche myself up and take care of business. Judging on whether or not Gaia’s feeling feverish that day, I may have to get a refill.

What I like most about my job is that it's only a part-time position! :P

-In the time that you have been a member here how much have things changed?

Quite a lot but, what we lost on the swings, we gained on the roundabouts. It’s been a bumpy ride for sure.

-Outside FFF, what do you like to do during your free time?

Play games, listen to music, watch anime, draw, paint, sketch, more drawing, a bit more gaming while listening to music, maybe a bit of TV series binging, a scribble here, a scribble there, another bout of music while I’m at it…in other words anything that catches my interest that day.

-What's the best thing that's happened to you so far while staying here at FFF?

I’ve made a few friends and that’s pretty cool.

Dagger.png

Staff Member: Miko
AKA: Dagger; DT
Staff Position: Gaia section Moderator
Joined Site: May 17, 2019
Joined Staff: October 9th, 2019
Staff History: Dagger joined the forums in March of 2019 and was later asked to help step in as the second Orience Moderator.

Bio: Dagger grew up and lives in the state of Illinois with her husband, child and three cats. She left her job in 2019 to be a stay at home mom and full-time forum lurker. When she's not sleeping or nosing around the forums she's usually out playing Pokemon Go (like a dork) or visiting family. Or both.

Interests / Hobbies: Doodling, Writing, Needle Felting, Binging TV series, Photoshop & Napping.

Fun Facts: Dagger is lysdexic! She named all three of her cats after video game characters and loves to take their photos. Christmas is her favorite holiday and you can often find her doodling cows when she's got some spare time.

Approachability: A bit shy but Dagger considers herself fairly easy person to talk to and is happy whenever someone stops in even for a simple hi.
Favourite FF: Final Fantasy IX
-What made you decide to become a staff member here, and why do you stay?
I was asked to help step in as the second Orience Moderator and thought it would be a great opportunity to meet more of the members, and hopefully some new ones!

-Do you find it easy to work with your fellow team members? You may give specific names and examples.
Yes, everyone is very friendly and encouraging, thorough and informative. I don't have any examples but I'm confident that if I came to any of the fellow team members that they would be very helpful and easy to work with!

-What are some challenges you face (or have faced) as a staff member?
I'm still new so I have a lot of FFF history to catch up on, including that of members whom I haven't formally met yet! I'm still a newbie so there's still a lot to learn!

-What are some key improvements you've noticed about our current staff team and administration?
Since I first joined the forums the staff had gone through a bit of a shuffle from within and I think it's made a bit of a difference on positivity in both individuals and the overall health of the forums.

-In your opinion, what are the most important positive qualities of this forum?
Friendliness & positivity, active participation-events and regularly posting members.

-Describe a typical (or memorable) day in the job. What do you find most enjoyable about your job?
Most of the time I bug Mitsuki on how to do my job. The most enjoyable is when she actually does it! :D

-In the time that you have been a member here how much have things changed?
I've only been here for a short while so not much has changed in the grand scheme! Though, maybe it's my naivete positivity, but I like to think this place seems to be a bit more active since I joined earlier this year. A lot of returning members seem to be gracing the forums so it would be great to meet a lot more faces in the future!

-Outside FFF, what do you like to do during your free time?
Mostly I enjoy spending time with friends & family with my kid attached to my hip! And naps. Lots of naps.

-What's the best thing that's happened to you so far while staying here at FFF?
Mitsuki said I should say her. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back