Gameinformer FFXIII Review - 9.25/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scores don't mean crap to me. I want to see why it's rated so highly, if this is indeed the correct score.

I mean, I've seen games with points taken off for things I don't even care about. For example, GameSpot took off points on Bad Company because it had a slight grain filter, which I thought actually kind of ADDED to the experience.

Everyone has their own thoughts over the game so what?? I say if someone liked it why not give it an honest answer? If it wasn't their game, that's fine too I mean not everyone's gunna agree. If the people are almost certain then it's most likely the correct/ near correct score Gameinformer put down.

I think someone's BSing you. GI would have the score posted on their website. But, who knows, it may very well be the score, I just find it very odd it isn't posted on the website. I receive the magazine in the mail so I'll go home tomorrow and see if it's there.

I don't think anyone's BSing since several people have confirmed it over a range of sites. Chances are they didn't post it up on their website straight away because it means more people will buy the actual magazine since if it was people would just check the website for free instead. :monster:

That certainly is a surprise after these moderately average and negative review scores we've been having.

Of course that tells us we have to take review scores with a grain of salt. You're not sure how credible the reviewer is. They may be very pro-JRPGs, anti-JRPGs, or simply doing their reviewing job seriously.

But 9.25/10 (why is there a .25?) is a really high score actually. I want to know what they have said as well.

For Game Informer, 7 is average and so they don't really recommend the game, but if you like the genre you should look into at least renting it. 8 means the game is good. If you like the genre, definitely get the game. 9 means that the game is great, and should immediately be bought by anyone who enjoys the genre, and should be looked at by people who don't. 10 means the game is nearly flawless, and so everyone should check out the game regardless of how they feel about the genre/game because it does something revolutionary. XIII getting a 9.25 means that they recommend the game to everyone, and it deserves at least a rent from everyone. Fans of the genre/Final Fantasy fans should definitely purchase the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back