First English FFXIII review from GamesRadar goes with 10 [3/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
ffxiii41.jpg

GamesRadar has gone live with the first full English review for Final Fantasy XIII anywhere in the world.The score? Ten.Here’s a snip from the review:

“It’s hard to talk about Final Fantasy XIII without getting into a debate about what an RPG should or shouldn’t be. With a series as beloved and long-running as Final Fantasy, combined with its history of reinventing itself (or at the very least, changing things up) with every major entry, it’s understandable that a lot of nervous hopes ride on the first FF of the current gen.We all have our favorite game in the series (which we’d practically go to the death defending), so it makes sense that fan expectations for FFXIII vary widely too.”

Okay, it’s official: we’re properly pumped now

Source: VG247

I was waiting for GamesRadar's review score ever since I heard that they're celebrating "Final Fantasy Week". I've yet to see it on the site as I'm typing this, but wow - this is a huge surprise coming from GamesRadar.

I honestly expected a 7 or 8 from them - but certainly not a 10. I don't actually know what GamesRadar's reputation is as game reviewers, but I've never seen a FF game as divisive in terms of opinions as this. I'm looking forward to seeing what GamesRadar says about it.

I'm still not buying it. :mokken:

Upon reading this very detailed review, it only made me strengthen my views on the game more. The only thing that this helped do, is confirm that FF is pretty dead to me now. I'll never look at the series the same way again.

Besides, how seriously can you take a review that interrupts their own damn review to defend the game, and then slaps a silly image on it in a sad attempt to be satirical? :ffs:

Not like my precious FFIX. (I love you baby, and I'm never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. :yay:)

Plus the end of the review didn't help the game's case at all. "Not better than FFX." :ffs:

EDIT: "Pros: Focused, streamline action; no BS filler."

A lot of people liked that filler thank you very much. -__-
But hey, at least the game is pretty. :ffs:
Need I say more? :mokken:

Last edited:
To be honest, why does it matter if the game is an RPG? As long as it's good, that's all that really matters. "RPG" is simply a label anyway.

Also, my jaw literally dropped when I saw it got a 10. I'd say "pumped" isn't the correct word. More like "I'd kill for this game".

5 DAYS.

How very predictable. The first review for the English version would HAVE to be a 10 - they want people as psyched for this game as possible. A less-than-perfect score just wouldn't cut it.

I'm putting about as much stock in this review as any other one I've read thus far - perhaps even less so, because I absolutely detest the english voice acting from what I've heard thus far, and I doubt its going to grow on me with time. Still, as I have been for the last three months or so, I'm sitting on the fence regarding how good or bad this game is until I actually play it for myself.

I'm still not buying it. :mokken:

Upon reading this very detailed review, it only made me strengthen my views on the game more. The only thing that this helped do, is confirm that FF is pretty dead to me now. I'll never look at the series the same way again.

Besides, how seriously can you take a review that interrupts their own damn review to defend the game, and then slaps a silly image on it in a sad attempt to be satirical? :ffs:

Not like my precious FFIX. (I love you baby, and I'm never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. :yay:)

Plus the end of the review didn't help the game's case at all. "Not better than FFX." :ffs:

EDIT: "Pros: Focused, streamline action; no BS filler."

A lot of people liked that filler thank you very much. -__-
But hey, at least the game is pretty. :ffs:
Need I say more? :mokken:

I agree 100% , in FF's case the FILLERS were those things that made FF epic...I want story and drama/love, emotions too, not action non stop..:p

I will buy the game, 2nd handed or at discount. Never full price :(

To be honest, why does it matter if the game is an RPG? As long as it's good, that's all that really matters. "RPG" is simply a label anyway.
It's most likely because people expect certain things from different genres, like RPGs for example, people want some epic storyline and epic characters whereas with FPSs people want some awesome shooter game etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back