Final Fantasy XIII Piano CD Set for Release [6/9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
There's yet another Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack on the way. But this one's special. Well... maybe not as special as the two record releases, but at least different.

24v5r4n.jpg

Square Enix announced today the "Piano Collections Final Fantasy XIII" soundtrack. As the name suggests, this soundtrack includes piano renditions of the recent RPG's top songs. You'll find 10 tracks selected by composer Masashi Hamauzu himself. The tracks were recorded in Milano with Aki Kuroda on the piano. Kuroda previously worked with Square Enix on the Final Fantasy X piano soundtrack.

This latest FFXIII soundtrack will be released on July 21 at ¥2,800.
Visit the newly opened official site for a track sample. A full track list will be shared at the site in a future update.

Source: Andriasang

Great. Maybe now the music will be half bearable to listen to. Piano versions of songs typically do. But then again, the music of FFXIII was so terrible I don't think anyone could save it. :gasp:

OMG OMG
I AM HAVING A SERIOUS HEART ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IS THIS A DREAM OMG OMG
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
I AM SO HAPPY...

HYPERVENTILATION
IS IT A FAKE!!!!
I REALLY HOPE NO, OR ELSE I WILL GET REALLY MAD!!!!

can't wait to play my favourites on the piano

well that makes my day!!!

I have been desperately wishing for FFXII and FFXIII piano collections :x3:

I really can't believe it comes out sooooo fast.... usually it takes ages. like in the case of VII and VIII piano collections.

VANILLE'S THEME AND THE PROMISE MUST BE IN THIS ALBUM OR ELSE I WILL BE SUPER ANGRY.

well thanks for posting the info! So happy now :) :) :) :D :D

Normally I'd be excited about such an album, but the FFXIII soundtrack was so absolutely disgraceful I doubt even a piano arrangement could salvage it...

Normally I'd be excited about such an album, but the FFXIII soundtrack was so absolutely disgraceful I doubt even a piano arrangement could salvage it...

yeah. Although I find that the soundtrack is good, it is not great. could have been better. Very little songs are catchy. there was way too much use of choir that it's quite hard to turn some OST into piano pieces. Like in Dust to Dust (plays in Oerba) or in Gapra Whitewood. I have to say that if Vanille's theme, Lightning's theme (blinded by light will do too) and the Promise (or any other variation of it) is not in the album, I will be very disappointed.

nevertheless, I am still so excited over it XD

Also, can someone tell me what song is playing in the official website? I have never played the game. I know the songs by watching playthroughs, etc. The piece playing in the website doesn't sound too catchy :(

Now why do they skip FFXII Piano collections??? I know it's a different composer, but why not? I would love to hear and play the Bhujerba theme.

I thought the soundtrack was pretty good. Not as good as the others, but I still bought the special edition version when it came out. I think the songs should be quite lovely on piano, so I am looking forward to that.

yeah. Although I find that the soundtrack is good, it is not great. could have been better. Very little songs are catchy. there was way too much use of choir that it's quite hard to turn some OST into piano pieces. Like in Dust to Dust (plays in Oerba) or in Gapra Whitewood. I have to say that if Vanille's theme, Lightning's theme (blinded by light will do too) and the Promise (or any other variation of it) is not in the album, I will be very disappointed.
I have to disagree with that - if anything, they didn't make use of a choir enough. If they had, it might have added some life to the tracks. In what tracks that did have vocals (excluding The Sunleth Waterscape, which was probably the only good track in the entire OST) they used the vocals in a standard, boring way. It just sounded like they threw it together at the last minute.
...but then, my vocal standards have risen considerably since I heard NIER's soundtrack. XD

Now why do they skip FFXII Piano collections??? I know it's a different composer, but why not? I would love to hear and play the Bhujerba theme.
They didn't; there is an FFXII piano collections album...its considerably bigger than the standard albums as well, at 50 tracks. Its pretty hard to come by, though, even online...

They didn't; there is an FFXII piano collections album...its considerably bigger than the standard albums as well, at 50 tracks. Its pretty hard to come by, though, even online...

50 tracks is like 5 times of a normal FF piano collections album >_>
I have never heard of it. I did a web search for news of FFXII piano collections a couple of times in the past, but there were nothing. At most, there are only fan-made pieces. I guess they didn't market it well enough. Even wikipedia doesn't have slight information on it.

I LIKED THE FFXIII SOUNDTRACK

I'm confused about those "Record Releases" though. I asked what kind of songs were on it in their news thread, but never got an answer.

As for piano rendition, I'm sure they'll be quite nice ^_^

...but then, my vocal standards have risen considerably since I heard NIER's soundtrack. XD

I think you would really, REALLY, quite love the Drakenguard 1 and 2 OST. Very good stuff.

On the other hand, I really hated the FFXIII OST (in fact, I hated everything about FFXIII :rofl:), and after hearing the OST for FFXIV, it kind of goes to show that they should leave the music up to Nobou. Composer of the Year, all years. :mokken:

I think you would really, REALLY, quite love the Drakenguard 1 and 2 OST. Very good stuff.
I do indeed ♥
Drakengard 1 in particular has a very unique style. The opening theme is also awesome - and annoyingly absent from the OST, as well ._.

Cid XV said:
50 tracks is like 5 times of a normal FF piano collections album >_>
I have never heard of it. I did a web search for news of FFXII piano collections a couple of times in the past, but there were nothing. At most, there are only fan-made pieces. I guess they didn't market it well enough. Even wikipedia doesn't have slight information on it.
I'm fairly positive what I found is official...even if it isn't, its good enough to be.

Well, if no one likes the piano version. There's the other 5 different releases that Square Enix plan to, or already have released. :andry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back