Final Fantasy XIII Nearing Completion? + New ATB Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Looks like this year really is the year of Final Fantasy XIII! Japan's Dengeki Magazine has uncovered some new information on how the game is coming along, including release windows!

The developers of the game let Dengeki know how the game has been coming along. The entire story and scenario has been fully completed, which is great news, while graphics for the game are around 80% done. Currently, the team is working on refining and perfecting the game's battle system before its release later this year.

According to sources, it looks like these
(see screenshots below) are all from older builds of the game, meaning the game has progressed and probably looks noticeably better from what we have seen, another bit of fantastic news, the best is yet to come.

The developers once again reiterated that there are no plans at this time for any form of DLC, easing fan tensions, as we can be sure that we will be receiving the full game upon purchase.

Final Fantasy XIII is slated for a late 2009 release in Japan, with a North American and European release to follow sometime in 2010. With a demo of Final Fantasy XIII releasing in less then a month's time with the Japanese Advent Children Complete.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10-1.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Source: finalfantasyxiii.net

It's kinda funny.. i was just browsing Ebay today and i came across someone that was selling the Advent Children Complete + FFXIII Demo saying that they got it early. This would be really cool to get but it was far to expensive to buy off them considering it would be about 90$ (CDN) with shipping. I mean, a lot of people can afford that but someone with no job.. Though that would be cool to get it earlier. Anyways, all in all this game looks so good and i really hope all the hype about it will be like everyone says it will be.

Some of those new screenshots look excellent. It looks like they've returned to traditional battling, but modernized it. I'm extremely relieved to see that it appears that we'll be able to control everyone in the party again.

The screenshots look great and that's fantastic news all around. I"m a bigger fan of DLC but it's cool they won't skimp at all. It would have been nice if the new armors were displayed on your character... but oh well... and a rating after each battle? That's odd.

Pheonix said:
Some of those new screenshots look excellent. It looks like they've returned to traditional battling, but modernized it. I'm extremely relieved to see that it appears that we'll be able to control everyone in the party again.
Agreed,
Judging solely by the screenshots, I think the battle system looks fantastic. It's good to hear that the game is actually close to completion. I was beginning to wonder...

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the demo. But it just struck me, do you think an English demo will be released? Because doesn't the announcement say that the demo will only be bundled with ACC in Japan? :confused:

Good question. With SE it's really freaking hard to tell. They're not huge demo people but they randomly do it sometimes. It's certainly not hard to distribute demo's anymore. There's no more shipping cost issue. It can be downloaded over PSN or through XBoxLive. There's really no reason to NOT have a demo, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

I heard that the demo's getting released in Japan and America, but no mention of a European release. It's just a cheap ploy to sell more FFACC, when instead they could release it on the PSN >_>

Speaking of PSN, I'm glad that there's not going to be any DLC, I wouldn't want to have to pay extra to unlock everything in a FF game.

Speaking of PSN, I'm glad that there's not going to be any DLC, I wouldn't want to have to pay extra to unlock everything in a FF game.

Personally I hope they do come out with some DLC and extra content at some point. I'd buy a FFXIII Premium Theme for my 360 in a heartbeat. DLC is a great thing when it isn't abused. It lets developers add new missions and bonuses that they just happened to conjur up either post-development or too late in the development process. It doesn't necessarily mean they purposely don't add content, just so they can charge you for it later.

DLC is definitely a good thing if it improves the game, but I wish they wouldn't charge for it. They forgot or weren't planning to add it in to the game, then they decide to add on 5 to 10 dollars of my already $60 game? Come on guys, cut me some slack.

Sorry for being offtopic but what is DLC?

Downloadable content I believe.

I don't think its neccessarily a bad thing to have it and i dont mind paying for it - as long as its worth the money. I recently got Knothole Island for Fable 2 and was really dissapointed with the lack of new missions. The Island was cool and everything but after a couple of hours I was back to a completed game.

- Oh and thanks for the screenshots Mercurial, it looks incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:
Those screenshots look brilliant and im liking the fact that the battle system looks similar to the original games. Just a pity its still a bit away til its release.

I have to agree that I'm in favour of no DLC, I don't think that FF is the sort of series that would suit it, most of the DLC ends up being for online play and again FF wouldn't suit that. I mean, yeah, they could add weapons and whatnot but I don't feel like spending £40 odd to find out they'll be bringing DLC out. I'm glad they won't have DLC in XIII 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back