Final Fantasy XI "$5 million" lawsuit detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
In June earlier this year, we heard that lead plaintiff, Esther Leong of San Francisco has launched allegations of questional fee charges of Final Fantasy XI, she has now amended the lawsuit to include her own deleted character as damages suffered due to reactivion fees, this will sit alongside previous allegations that Square Enix have failed to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner by charging hidden fees, claiming that "additional online fees" is too vague and that players would not know that their character would be deleted after 90 days without payment in which reactivation fees plus an additional $12.95 would have to be paid for each unpaid month. Since the original charges in June 2009, around 100,000 people have also claimed to have suffered damages because of hidden charges and that the lawsuit states they want Square Enix to pay $5 million between them.

Source: Gamespot

Wait... Is this supposed to be about XI?

Edit: Yeah, read the article.

Wow, Square's gotten themselves in trouble. I would say that it must suck for them, but to be entirely honest, I'm sure they knew what they were doing.

Last edited:
Wait...your telling me I could have reactivated my original character somehow? I thought once you were out of the game for 3 months, that was it. Kept telling me I could not use my keys again and all that. So I went out and bought a whole new copy of the original and expansions...

They need to do it like wow does. If you cancel for any reason, you can come back at anytime just how you left.

I don't know, I don't play the game :ness: I presume so though if she's added that into the lawsuit as well, though I don't agree having to pay $12.95 for each missed payment if you're not playing the game during that period of time anyway >_>

Lol. That what you get for making a sh!t game.
I still wonder why FFXIV is a MMO. Hope they will have to pay even more because of something similar when FFXIV is released.
Maybe at least they will stop making FF MMOs one day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back