Final Fantasy VII's Zack Appears in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep will mark the series debut for a Final Fantasy VII character who's risen in prominence in recent years. This week's issue of Shounen Weekly Jump has a first look at Zack in all new Disney stylings.
Zack is the powerful soldier from Cloud's flashback scenes in FFVII (the guy who got to get it on with Aerith). He served as main character in PSP's Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core.

In Birth by Sleep, he will appear in Olympic Colosseum as a lone soldier. He's undergoing training in order to max out his strength.Screenshots show Zack in a faceoff with main character Tera in an Olympic Colosseum tournament. In contrast, Zack appears to be on good terms with main character Ventus.

As for his relationship with main character Aqua, Jump instead provides a look at Aqua's dealings with a Kingdom Hearts mainstay: the King, aka Mickey Mouse! Mickey, apparently out patrolling the world, appears in the paradise-like Radiant Garden, where he helps Aqua out of a pinch.

This week's issue also has a glimpse at BbS's D-Link (Dimension Link) system. When meeting up with various characters around the world, you'll be able to make use of linked skills known as D-Links. Tera's D-Link with Zack is Heroes Pride, which sends out a wave from his key blade. Aqua's D-Link with Mickey is Holy Blast, a string of sphere blasts loaded with Holy magic.

When playing the game with friends over wireless, you'll get to use the D-Link system to make use of the skills that your friends have set. This means that weaker players will be able to access powerful skills.

11ty74m.jpg

Source: andriasang

Great, that's another PSP game to add to my "To Buy" list :)

I assume Zack wont be the only FF character that'll make an appearance. I hope we see a little of Aerith (lol "get it on"), Cloud, Cid and maybe Yuffie again.

I can't see any of the above being featured (considering that Zack looks quite child-sized in this, that would probably beg the belief that Cloud, Aerith etc wouldn't be born yet)

Tbh i'd like to see someone like Zidane appear moreso, just imagine him and Ventus xD

Though tbh, is it just me or has Zack been Hercules-fied?

It's blatently obvious Zack has been Hercules-fied (Damon, I'm gonna kill you for nicking my word -__-) Olympus Coliseum suits him though. Just like Auron, FF characters who are considered 'heroes' would be there...or something along them lines.

But tbqh, I'm more curious as to why little Kairi is behind Mickey and Aqua in that screenshot. Can't wait to get this game. :gasp:

(you love it :ryan:)

But in that case... Maybe a younger Auron will appear? Before he dies and get sent to the underworld? Probably similar to his younger self in FF10...

Oh wow I just realized Kairi was there. I think being in the Olympus Coliseum suits Zack well, since he loves showing off his skills...

I really hope they don't put more FF7 characters in it, 'cause they already put enough in the other Kingdom Hearts games. They should put some older characters in there. Btw, I thought that this wasn't getting released anywhere but Japan?

Dunno where you got that idea from, but every country should be getting it :wacky:

But yeah, I can see maybe a little Auron making an appearence to, well, I say little, probably younger. and I agree with you there, Asabella, I wanna see less FF7 characters and more older FF characters.

I would like to see characters like Terra, Kefka or Balthier showing up in these games but I sadly don't see it happening.

I can't see any of the above being featured (considering that Zack looks quite child-sized in this, that would probably beg the belief that Cloud, Aerith etc wouldn't be born yet)
Lol what? There's only a couple of years between them all, isn't there? 0_0 I don't see in the scan Zack crawling around in his diapers with a mini sword on his back (lol what a funny thought). Yuffie may not be possible, but the others are.

ya but when we consider that Cloud, Aerith etc are adults and this game takes place around 10 years before KH1 and Zack looks about early teens i'd take a wild stab that Cloud etc aren't born, or if they are they are very young.

Ah I get you.
You can tell I haven't finished either of the main Kingdom Hearts yet :S

Nm, Zack alone makes me want to buy this game. Is it too much to ask for a Kefka appearance ^_^

If Kefka showed up i'd die happy tbh :wacky:

But with Cloud etc if they make this kind like FF7 where Zack is older than Cloud i'd say it's fairly likely that Cloud won't appear, or if he does he'll probably get a minute or so of cutscene as a child, if that. I wonder if Zack will get a buster sword of his own... :hmmm:

I'd love to see Kuja too, that'd just be funny, i'd love to se Ventus make a comment about his man thong tbh :grin:

I'd love to see Kuja too, that'd just be funny, i'd love to se Ventus make a comment about his man thong tbh :grin:

Lmfao, too bad they probably couldn't do that because they make all KH games rated for ages 10+. I want to see both Kefka and Kuja, it'd be funny to see how they'd act.

Lavi said:
Dunno where you got that idea from, but every country should be getting it :wacky:

:xP:

Correct me if i'm wrong though but I think KH2 was a 16+ I MIGHT be wrong there though, I know it was higher than KH1 which shocked me when I saw it... :hmmm:

So that is entirely possible now, besides, they could disneyfy Kuja with underpants or something :wacky:

There's no fricking way Disney would allow Kuja on Kingdom Hearts unless he was given a more fitting attire.

But KH2 was a 12+...so you're wrong :awesome: /arse

I actually am hoping they would put Kuja in KH, actually, he would make quite the interesting secret boss :gasp:

I couldn't remember, I said I might be wrong :sad3:

And Kefka/Kuja would be a better secret boss than Sephy imvho :grin:

Okay....Zack is a decent character to put into the game I suppose. He's not my favourite, as I would prefer Zidane, Auron or Terra (FFVI's Terra of course!:awesome:)

If he's there, can hsi arch-nemesis be Genesis then? It makes perfect sense as Genesis is Zack's enemy in Crisis Core. It would give Oliver Quinn an excuse to march in and deliver his LOVELESS lines again. I know you all loved LOVELESS!

I like Nomura. I like Zack. Zack's design is just shit, and Nomura has got this design horribly wrong. I'd much rather have Zack as his older self, or better yet, kick all the Final Fantasy characters out of KH. Sadly, that won't happen :sad3:

It's a good job they solved the problem by making him a child / young teenager. By problem I mean how Zack and KH's Terra looking almost exactly the same! I think that's part of the reason they made sure to show him next to Terra in these scans, so that people that were anxious that he'd look the same would be put to rest. :D

They've redesigned him to make him look Greek as well, which works ok I think. He's got greek'ish armour on, but keeping his colours and his jumper thing sticking out underneath. His sword is also greek'ish, but also resembled the sword he used in Crisis Core before he got the Buster Sword.

So it all fits in, and I think they've placed him well / adapted him well for the Olympic Colosseum based on his appearance there.

Last edited:
Huh? I made a post, but I guess it didn't go through...

Anyways, I almost loled when I saw this. For so long people have been making cracks at Terra for looking like Zack, but now we'll really be able to compare them xD

I'm loving Zack's cute hero ensemble. And he's just so cuuuuute! I think he's the only FF character who's been aged down that makes me happier xD

Yep, this has got me all giddy :3

Will there be more FF characters to come? :gasp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back