Final Fantasy VIII PSN EU Release confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight

Bare fists :tehe:
Veteran
Gil
A recent slip from Mike Kebby of the EU PSN store has indeed confirmed that Final Fantasy VIII will soon be avaliable for download in the European PSN Store. (Which likely means NA should be expecting it too, going by FFVII)

Source: http://www.play-mag.co.uk/latest-playstation-news/final-fantasy-viii-confirmed-for-european-psn/

Mike Kebby has also said that it should be avaliable within the next few weeks.

Source: http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/final-fantasy-viii-psn-coming-to-europe-soon--620.html

Woohoo! I'm hoping it'll be before the end of the month! I'm so excited to play this game on PSP that it's not even funny xD

That's :awesome: news. I never played FF8 so I'll be able to now on my PS3 :yay: I've heard lots of good things about it so I'll be looking forward to it.

I'm just happy to get it because I'll be able to play it on my PS3 AND PSP *Jazz hands* :awesome:

When I play my PS1 version on the PS2, it keeps freezing on Disk 3 during the Lunar Cry FMV, dunno if it's a scratch or something-__- And the last time I used the 'ole PS1 to get through the scene (Which took me 2 days to find last time xD) It sounded like the PS1 was really on its way out. The audio was a loud static noise throughout, and the drive sounded like it was really struggling D: So I'll really be needing this PSN version, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Ah, now this is most excellent news! I'll definitely be getting it, regarding I have the money AND internal memory to hold it. Was going to get FFVII, but may just change my mind now for FFVIII.

To be honest, I could see it coming after the success of Final Fantasy VII on PSN, however, I am curious to know why it's coming out in Europe first, we NEVER get stuff first from Square Enix :wacky:...well any gaming company for that matter D;

Anyways, thanks for the up dude.
+rep :ryan:

It may come out at the same time in the US, but just wasn't confirmed. I can't freaking wait to play this game on my psp =D I love Final Fantasy VIII!

Now to figure out how I'm going to get 10 bucks...

Omg yes I can not wait till this comes out. Ill be buying this. If it comes out in North america soon! PSP VIII sounds like so much fun! But it is just a rerun of VIII much like VII was right?

It will be, chances are Square Enix are releasing all the titles as classics so that everyone gets a chance to play the original. I doubt they'd have much time to fix anything that may need fixing.

Dude you have just made my day. I final have something to play (meaning An RPG). This will keep me entertained for a few month. I cannot wait Roll on Final fantasy VIII.
I need to buy a PSP so that i can take this game around with me.

Ah Great memories are coming Back

p.s Oh Question can i use my old data for this game?

Last edited:
Oooh I'm so excited! This is such a great game and now I can have it on a better console than before. This'll take up many hours of my time!

Man, I really really hope this hits the US before end of the year.

I got a question for all you EU gamers.

What FF games are up on the PSN in Europe? Do you guys also have Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, etc any of the other Squaresoft games from the PSX gen?

We haven't got as much over here as you lot have, and I haven't noticed Xenogears and Chrono Trigger through my browsing =/ We have very little PSone games on our store compared to NA, and even less compared to Japan, as you'll see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psone_classics

Anyway, NA will most likely get it at the same time, and if not, then before.

Dude you have just made my day. I final have something to play (meaning An RPG). This will keep me entertained for a few month. I cannot wait Roll on Final fantasy VIII.
I need to buy a PSP so that i can take this game around with me.

Ah Great memories are coming Back

p.s Oh Question can i use my old data for this game?

If you have a memory card converter (you can find one on ebay or amazon) then yes you can transfer your ps1 savedata over to your ps3, then transfer that to your PSP once you get one.

All we have in the US is the following.

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics (just got it like 2 weeks ago)

I know that Japan has the following

Xenogears (I want this so bad)
Final fantasy I
Final Fantasy VIII

I already have this on my PSP since last Dec. >.> My friend 'miraculously' installed it in there. I started playing it but didn't get very far - I was doing the first mission but I was having trouble 'escaping' since I couldn't figure out what buttons to push, and you know how you pretty much need to 'escape' from that mechanical robot? So I guess I was kinda stuck and quit playing.

I am so excited about this it's not even funny!

I have tried to play FFVIII about four times...I just LOVE the start of the game..walking through Garden.

However I would never bother going past the second disk...I was young :P.

Now that I am older and more mature I think I will appreciate the story line a lot more.

I am so excited about this it's not even funny!

I have tried to play FFVIII about four times...I just LOVE the start of the game..walking through Garden.

However I would never bother going past the second disk...I was young :P.

Now that I am older and more mature I think I will appreciate the story line a lot more.

Wow, are you in for a real treat. The first time I played Final Fantasy VIII I was soooooo blown away and could not put it down.

I remember one night I got 2 hours of sleep working on getting Squalls final weapon that I feel asleep in class the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back