Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
This has been doing the rounds a bit recently but I've not seen anyone discuss it here yet.

Here is a Japanese commercial for the FFVII Remake (translated by hickorydickoryhk). It's not a trailer and it does not show of gameplay, but instead focuses on the human story of the people who played the original game, those who missed out, and how we can all enjoy the future together in the form of the Remake.

It's a bit soppy at times, but it is very heartwarming and touching. It's very much like a Christmas advert in that way.

Where can you relate to this? Did you play original game when you were younger? Or, like main character in the trailer, did you only keep hearing about it?
What is your FFVII story?

Longest commercial ever! But the black face of the game disc just laying like that... 😅 I was guilty of doing this.

This was heartwarming in a way - I like that they're making it known to everyone that you didn't have to play the initial game to enjoy the remake. Ugh, on the other hand I felt like they were saying 'it miiight not be exactly like you remember it' - and we already know it won't be, but it's still kinda a bummer in a way.

Also, I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm 100% sure if I showed up to work asking about FF7 that the majority of my colleges will have no idea what Final Fantasy even is. 😂 Maybe it's different in Japan? Someone let me know!

Ah, the mushy stuff did bring me back though. I felt a personal 'D'aww' moment when the girl talked about watching her brother play FFVII when they were younger. This was exactly how it was for my brother and I when we were growing up. I was probably 7 and he was maybe 11. I have vivid memories of us under the blankets in the dark playing VII while my brother read the dialog text. I'm really not even sure why he did it, but I remember really enjoying it! We are still very close and talk about games & stuff all the time!

The random guy at the bar was my favorite, especially at 6:18 😆 Though it really raises the question on if we need to start marking spoilers with the Remake coming out.

I played the original game when it first came out and before it became this big bloated legendary thing. In a way, I'm kind of glad because I got to enjoy it for what it was instead of going in expecting to be blown away. I remember us all fighting for playing time because me and two of my brothers were all playing at the same time. We only had one playstation. I'm not even sure if I'm looking forward to the remake or if I'm just morbidly curious at this point.

I just watched this video and it reminded me of my childhood. This commercial will be remembered for eternity. I like how they explain every details about the original game and the expression they put into it. This is definitely the best commercial in 2019 hands down.

Also, I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm 100% sure if I showed up to work asking about FF7 that the majority of my colleges will have no idea what Final Fantasy even is. 😂 Maybe it's different in Japan? Someone let me know!

At the time at school there were loads of people playing FFVII and talking about it.

At work, now? I haven't really openly discussed my secret life in the FF fandom but I have mentioned FF a couple of times to some people. Nobody is familiar with it. Some people have heard of it, but that's as far as it goes.

I guess it depends on who you ask and which generation they belong to.

So I can't relate to that part of the trailer (literally everybody talking about it), but I can relate to some of the things that the people who had grown up with the game were saying.

The random guy at the bar was my favorite, especially at 6:18 😆 Though it really raises the question on if we need to start marking spoilers with the Remake coming out.

:D It is something we should probably figure out amongst staff.

We've been freely allowing spoilers about FFVII for years as most of the story is common knowledge. When I've written themed articles about mythology, the Wild West, dinosaurs, etc, I've just gone ahead and written about the story as one would with any work of art which has been out for ages. Nobody puts spoiler tags on Homer or Shakespeare, etc, so I didn't do it for FFVII.

Now, however, it has a fresh relevance again. We should probably work something out!

I absolutely loved this commercial thank you for sharing it. I got a laugh at how over the top the guy at the Bar was about Aerith and Sephiroth.

Back