Final Fantasy Versus XIII Job Listing Appears [18/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.

王 Yoshida

King Of Asians
Gil
The exclusivity status of Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a long debated and overly drawn out one. It doesn’t help that Square Enix’s development teams put out one message to keep fans happy and the executives put out another to keep share holders happy. With Nomura sticking to his guns and assuring fans that the game will remain a Playstation 3 exclusive and Yoichi Wada saying Square is looking into a multi-platform release, you can probably guess who’s going to win the debate.

Potential proof that Xbox 360 development may have already begun lies in a job listing posted on Square Enix’s careers page asking for a Battle Planner for the game. The job asks for experience in developing a 3D action game, level design and battle design as well as the clincher – “development experience on a PS3, or Xbox 360 package title”. It certainly isn’t definitive proof that an Xbox 360 version is planned and it could be simply a mistake by the recruitment team but it’s certainly some food for thought.

Mod Edit: Please remember to include the source when posting news articles, thank you. :)

Source: Final Fantasy-XIII

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the XBOX360 more popular in the states than the PS3? If so I really can't blame them for trying to get a port on the 360 if it means profit will be better, although if it's going to seriously mess anything up in development I'm against it. Just leave it on the PS3. God's know that console needs more exclusives. Assuming it's true they're really considering making a 360 port of the game.

Potential proof that Xbox 360 development may have already begun lies in a job listing posted on Square Enix’s careers page asking for a Battle Planner for the game. The job asks for experience in developing a 3D action game, level design and battle design as well as the clincher – “development experience on a PS3, or Xbox 360 package title”.
Well in my opinion, this doesn't necessarily prove that the game will be on 360. It could be that they're just looking for the experience of people who have worked on console games. I'd think that, whether someone worked on a 360 game or a PS3 game, that that experience might be valuable.

It's interesting though.

Well in my opinion, this doesn't necessarily prove that the game will be on 360. It could be that they're just looking for the experience of people who have worked on console games.

Pretty much this.

Sites around the net have already jumped into a frenzy about this, saying "Oh, here's another promised PS3 exclusive lost to Microsoft" when this still technically isn't proof at all that there will necessarily be a 360 port. There's nothing wrong with asking for some talent who has had experience working with current generation consoles (i.e. PS3 and 360).

I know it won't be as good but i hope to god they release it on 360, because i bought one just for XIII which was disappointing, and i don't really like any other 360 games...
I know they won't have a hope of selling it in Japan, but the rest of the world is about 50 - 50 between 360 and PS3 (just a guess).
I can't afford a PS3 and i really want this game when it comes out! :(

Source: finalfantasy-xiii.net, Kotaku

dude, you should use quotation marks at least if you're going to just copy and past off another site.

To be honest I don't care at all if this doesn't turn out to be exclusive to the PS3. I have many friends who are into FF that only own an X-Box and it would be nice to discuss this game with them, whether it be good or bad. There's no guarantee that this will turn out to be good if they make it PS3-exclusive anyway.

If they feel they can make money out of the X-box customers and maximize their profit then I say go for it. I really, really don't care whether or not the X-box owners get to play this or not as long it gets a PS3 release.

I personally hope that FFXIII versus will also come out for the xbox360, but not only for US, also for the Asia region. FFXIII was not available for xbox360 in my region, so that's just too bad because I want to play it so badly and my ps3 is broken.

After looking at the trailers, the story, graphics, exploration and gameplay seem to be promising. I am so looking forward to this game. And this time, hopefully, I will be able to PLAY it instead of hopelessly watching the playthroughs online.

7 disc xbox edition - nice.

*Snickers* I'm still waiting for the xbox 720 to come out. Microsoft PS3's with half of the starting price! -- Ok let not count our chickens before they hatch. There is still nothing stated to really hint that they are going to port it and I'm certainly not going to cry if they do, this just means they are looking for some talented workers and that is a *good* thing.

I don't care what other consoles it'll be released for as long as it stays guaranteed to appear on the PS3. The main reason the majority of the population of my home town has a 360 is because of games related to Halo, Modern Warfare and the like. There are very few people around here that are interested in RPG games for it besides my friends, but I'm still saving up for a PS3 because I'm a naturally born PS player and I'll want any FF game released for it.

I don't care simply for the fact I'm past caring anymore. It's funny blaming the Xbox but similar situation to Final Fantasy XIII. If Final Fantasy Versus XIII turns out to be shit it has nothing to do with Microsoft, the only different in FFXIII was that the PS3 version had superior graphics (quite obviously, too) and superior audio files. If the game is shit, it's going to be shit regardless of the platform. If it goes multiplatform and is good it won't matter because it'll ship far more on the PS3 [much like FFXIII]. It's not like we PS3 owners don't have top quality exclusives already. :busta:

I honestly hope it's PS3 Exclusive, because I am TIRED of friggin' Xbox fanboys saying "HAHA! Microsoft won again! We stole one of your precious PS3 Exclusives!" or "Final Fantasy ain't yours no moaaaarr!" and the worst "Haha, I told you! When Microsoft's eye is caught by a successful Final Fantasy game, they want in!" (Every statement is truly false, but I have heard each of these out of the mouths of immature Xbox fanboys.) I truly hate most of the Xbox community, as you can see.

I honestly hope it's PS3 Exclusive, because I am TIRED of friggin' Xbox fanboys saying "HAHA! Microsoft won again! We stole one of your precious PS3 Exclusives!" or "Final Fantasy ain't yours no moaaaarr!" and the worst "Haha, I told you! When Microsoft's eye is caught by a successful Final Fantasy game, they want in!" (Every statement is truly false, but I have heard each of these out of the mouths of immature Xbox fanboys.) I truly hate most of the Xbox community, as you can see.

Massive fanboys of either console can be just as annoying.

The best way to deal with XBOX fanboys is to avoid all eye contact and if you don't want them talking about a particular subject just say, "Halo sucks." They'll spend the next 40 hours explaining why Halo is the best video game franchise in the world today and then by the time they're done talking you're gone and they'll forget what they were talking about in the first place. Then they'll go on another 40 hours rant about how Bill Gates is god.

Anyone actually going to apply for this position?

Im really what do the guys at S-E have that we dont? Some people here must have the necessary skills to at least attempt this?..........perhaps the graphics gurus of FFF?

I could tell them how to make a decent battle system but I could not design 1 for the life of me.

more and more rumors. i don't trust wada, and nomura seems to be set in his ways. if it does happen, it won't matter, unless it hampers development in any way.

I hope this doesn't mean a 360 game. I don't want to be mean, but I think the PS3 deserves some exclusives so the 360 fanboys have something to wish they had for their console. Maybe some users will buy a PS3, a better choice! o: Yes, I said it!

Anyway, this is rather interesting, I probably should sign up ^^ Haha, I'd need to know what they're programming in. I'm sure it's something I haven't yet learned, but it could be C++ or C#!
-Bretboy129 ~ Bret Hudson

BTW, I am 14. Just to let you know.

Are we sure this is for Versus and not for FFXV ?

Shouldn't they be much further along than needing to hire people to work on the game by this point ?

i think the playstation three is a cheaper version of xbox
but i like the playstion three better cuase its cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back