Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years Coming To Wii
image179.png

Our trademark research was right on the money! Square Enix will release Final Fantasy IV: The After, a direct sequel to Final Fantasy IV, in North America under the name Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. The ESRB spilled the surprise rating Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for Wii with an E rating and gave this description.
This is a 2D role-playing game in which players embark on an adventure involving magical crystals and a mysterious kingdom. Players traverse across a field map or through dungeons and can enter into turn-based battles along the way. Players use a menu screen to select attacks or magic spells against tiny enemies (e.g., leopards, birds, knights, fish monsters, etc.) that blink and disappear when defeated. An item called “Bacchus Wine” is occasionally used to defeat enemies in battle.

Since all we have is a rating we don’t know if Final Fantasy IV: The After Years will be a retail release or if Square Enix will release the game in downloadable parts via WiiWare, similar to how the original mobile phone version was distributed in Japan.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years features Cecil, Rosa, and the entire cast of Final Fantasy IV years in the future. The story begins with their son Ceodore and introduces new characters like a brigade of ninjas under the command of Edge who is now the King of Eblan.

image180.png

These are some screens from the mobile phone release in Japan. Since the ESRB lists it as a 2D game chances are it’s going to have similar — if not the same visuals as the cell phone counterpart

image181.png
image182.png
image183.png
image184.png
image185.png
image186.png

Source:
Siliconera

Reactions: Rey
Hey Merc thanks so much for posting this. Omg I knew it was going to come someday. Now I am so happy. Is it the exact same as the mobile version but better graphics? Thank you.

No probs :bmon:
I'm not entirely sure, I've heard that they may use the same graphics and the mobile version but I'm not sure yet, I don't think they'll redo the game in 3D. I think they'll make it like the PSP version of I/II at best. :)

wow thx for the news ive herd good reviews about this game , but i better get to playing the first ffIV first :D

Well this is pretty good news, I was just wondering what the game was like the other day, it's good to know that I will now be able to experience it first hand and I won't even have to consider buying a new console, schweet...

They should have left IV as it is, just as they shouldn't have made Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core for VII. I'd rather wish they would've gotten on remaking V and VI for the DS.

Looks okay, but I don't think that it seems all that. I'd think I'd sooner play it for the story than the graphics and gameplay. If I got a few quid to spare/wii points, I'll get it it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back