I'm sorry, but did you honestly think FFVII Remake was the most important Final Fantasy release this year? Move aside, Cloud, and let your Clavat masters take centre stage this time, because the delayed Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is on track for a late summer release this year - the 27th August. Please note that the western release for PS4, Switch and mobile platforms will be digital only.
The game was originally scheduled for release much earlier in the year - on 23 January, but was delayed with the given official reason to 'allow the development team some extra time to make final adjustments to the game to make this the best experience possible'.
Here is a quick rundown on what this remastered version of the 2003 cult classic spinoff on the GameCube is all about from PlayStation Blog:
What is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a one-to-four player RPG that focuses on a young group known as the Crystal Caravans, as they embark on an epic journey to search for myrrh. This precious and rare liquid is desperately needed to cleanse and maintain a crystal that protects them, and their world, from a poisonous gas.
You—either on your own or with up to four friends—will embark on perilous quests, explore beautiful lands full of secrets and face the dangerous monsters that lurk within.
What’s been added to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition?
As mentioned, a host of enhancements and features have been added to this new game—so much so we should probably call it Remastered Addition. I mean, yes, that’s a terrible pun that barely makes sense, but the overall point stands.
Here’s just a sample of what’s in this new and improved edition:
- Improved Visuals and Audio – Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles’ always had a unique sense of style, and [the Remastered Edition] has never looked—or sounded—better. You’ll be able to explore this expansive world with updated HD visuals and even enhanced audio.
- Character Voice-Overs – the inhabitants of the game have been brought to life with new voice acting.
- Online Multiplayer with Cross-Play – Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is an amazing co-operative multiplayer experience, and Remastered Edition makes it easier than ever before to join people to play with. You’ll be able to travel with up to three other players (four players total)—and cross-play support means anyone who owns the game will be able to join!
- New Challenging Dungeons – This updated version of the game also features new dungeons for you and your friends to battle through. We could say more, but we’d rather let you discover them for yourselves.
- New “Mimic” Feature – By collecting stamps, visiting Moogle Houses or completing difficult dungeons, you’ll get Memory Crystals which you can use to change your characters’ appearance to that of various characters you’ll meet on your adventure. If you want to add a bit more pizazz to your party, now you can!
Shoutout to Vivi-Gamer in this thread for beating me to the punch!