Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Exhibition

Pixel

Gil
You probably know about this exhibition already, in the Mori Arts Cenre in Tokyo. Figured I'd share some FF7 remake stuff from it.

First, concept art

There was also a bit of dialogue they got Aerith's voice actor to record for the event, and I got a translated version recorded. :P

They need a Final Fantasy event here in the United States or maybe just a Square-Enix event. I found out, while I was working at GameStop, that there is a huge fan base for Square Enix in the United States. Yes, we have Comic Con, but why can't we have a Final Fantasy Convention every few years? I think it would be successful. I would go to it dress like Tidus. :griin:

Just a thought

That's some good artwork!

I've seen lots of interesting pieces from that exhibition. I'd love a collection of all of it to view at some point but I realise there may be a copyright issue there at this time. Perhaps they'll release it all sometime.

They need a Final Fantasy event here in the United States or maybe just a Square-Enix event. I found out, while I was working at GameStop, that there is a huge fan base for Square Enix in the United States. Yes, we have Comic Con, but why can't we have a Final Fantasy Convention every few years? I think it would be successful. I would go to it dress like Tidus. :griin:

Just a thought

You're in luck as since last year there is now such an event! It is called KupoCon and they are one of our affiliates. FFF members get an 11% discount on any KupoCon tickets.
It's an unofficial and fan-run event, but S-E representatives are well aware of it and have been attending.

At KupoCon they get attendees to participate in FF-themed activities, collect cards, etc, on top of the usual convention stuff such as panels and special guests. The special guests really do mingle with the fans as they are cosy events. The special guests sometimes even attend the evening celebrations and dance and pose with fans. Crazy stuff!

They have so far held events in the US, Canada, and the UK at the moment. I'm not sure yet when the next US event will be held, but they have plans to do more after the success of the others.

I went to their London event in 2017 and had a great time, and I have tickets for Birmingham this year.

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/63205-KupoCon
http://kupocon.com

I suggest you keep an eye out for them, but I will too and will let you know about future US events if going to Canada or the UK isn't a possibility for you.

Back