FFXIV: ARR Graphic settings (question) PC

Caladbolg

♥Celestial Weapon♥
Gil
Hi, could someone please help me? I decided to buy FFXIV: ARR (PC), but i don't know on what graphic settings should i play it.
This is what I have:
Intel Core i5 - 3230M, 2.6GHz
Memory (RAM): 8
Nvidia GeForce GT 720M (2gb)
Any answers? :)

I would say you could play at some high settings with that setup. Your best bet is to play around with the settings and find out if you lag doing every day things in the game. You could find some enemies that do red area attacks and try dodging those on different settings and see if you notice a difference. On some primal fights seeings things as soon as possible is imperative because failure to move at some points=death. On some FATEs you will lag no matter what (Odin/behemoth) and some zones (coerthas) might be a little slower because of the snowing effects.

Yeah, ditto to what Roshidon said above. It looks like you have a pretty good processor and RAM, but I'm not familiar with the graphics card. I set my graphics settings on medium "laptop" mode and it looked pretty good to me! Not much lag except for in some FATE areas.

Just test out different settings. That's the easiest way to know. I don't think it's necessary to play on high graphics settings just because you have the option to do so. Personally, I'd be afraid of overheating my laptop, but that's just me. xD;

Ok thanks guys, just bought subscription, it will be my first time playing FFXIV, i'm very excited :) Gonna try some settings today, Cerberus server btw. ^^

Back