Help FFXIII: Tough Time?

Gil
Mako Points
I am currently playing through for my first time and I am a good ways through Chapter 7 and man it is tough. I am pretty good at paradigm shifts but I feel so underleveled it seems. Regular enemies like the Lodestar Behemoth and the two flying robots. I know its going to get way harder later on. Is there anything I can do to make this easier? I am just trying to play through and then get to 13-2.

This is my first final fantasy game and I am really enjoying it so far. Where should I go next after finishing the 13 trilogy. I have a ps3 and it sees most of them are on the store.

Zeroxys

Blue Mage
Gil
Mako Points
you need to level up more in your crystarium. 13 shouldnt be that difficult, or maybe use a bestiary & find out what your doing wrong against each enemy. Or change up your line up.
as for where to go after finishing up 13 series, Id say go buy the X/X-2 hd remakes that comes out in march. its for ps3 and X is definielty the best FF game out there. or if your on a tight budget, i know the PS store has FF7-9 on it. Buy 7 and 9 at the very least. 8 is decent as well but nowhere near what 7 9 or 10 is.
X has the best combat and best story out of them all IMO, and the leveling system in X is so sweet :)

tiornys

Blue Mage
Gil
Mako Points
I am currently playing through for my first time and I am a good ways through Chapter 7 and man it is tough. I am pretty good at paradigm shifts but I feel so underleveled it seems. Regular enemies like the Lodestar Behemoth and the two flying robots. I know its going to get way harder later on. Is there anything I can do to make this easier? I am just trying to play through and then get to 13-2.
Strategy is far more important than levels (CP) in FFXIII. Your paradigm deck is probably not set up as well as it could be, which will make you fight inefficiently even if you're making the best use possible of the paradigms you have. If you're still having trouble and would like feedback, post your team and paradigm deck (and maybe equipment setup/stats/crystarium development). If you prefer to work things out on your own, be sure to explore the uses of buffs and debuffs, and consider studying the mechanics informing the chain & stagger system as well as cut, keep, and rise, for which there's a good overview here: http://etrosgate.com/ffxiii/basic-overview#The_Chain_Gauge

One easy way to shore up your defenses so that you can concentrate more on offense is to max out your Black Belt(s)--relatively cheap at 4380 XP--and equip them along with your best +HP Bangles. Adding 150 HP and 20% physical damage resistance buys you a lot of extra durability.