Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
2q9guo1.jpg

Sony re-mastered God of War with HD graphics so how about doing the same thing with a Final Fantasy game? Yoshinori Kitase, Producer of Final Fantasy XIII, and director, Motomu Toriyama, Director, shared their thoughts with Europe’s PlayStation Blog.

We don’t know the details about the HD remake of God of War. If it’s just a case of attaining high resolution graphics, only, then that wouldn’t be that difficult, but if we were to achieve the same graphical standard as in XIII with a PS1 title, then that would be a huge, huge task. Almost unrealistic. Even with a PS2 title it would be difficult. In the case of God of War, there weren’t really that many characters in the game — the main character and some monsters, maybe ten people or so. That would not be unachievable.

As with Final Fantasy titles in the past, like on PS1, even just the main characters amount to around 10 people. Then you have all the NPCs, you’re probably looking at about 200 characters total. All with individual textures for the skin, plus costumes, facial features and everything. That would be a really tricky job.

Tricky now, but will it be tricky forever? OK, how about we settle for something less intensive, a Final Fantasy VII, VIII or IX remake with top notch Playstation 2 quality graphics. Square kicked around the idea back in 2001 and the PlayStation 2 was barely out the door then.

Source: Siliconera

I couple FFVIII and FFIX with the idea of a FFVII remake - I'm sure it'll happen eventually, just not for a long time.

Although now we have a decent reason for why it wouldn't happen for a long time :hmmm:

I can't say I'm a fan of it, I liked having God of War I and II in 720p HD but that was solely for fans to play the original titles which would help them understand God of War III better. I don't think it would be as difficult as what they make it out to be, just slightly unnecessary >.> They should probably just leave older titles as they are for the moment and concentrate on new titles.

Ummmm no this will be bad indeed. If they remake one of those remake it on 360 or ps3 not playstation 2. I also think that a remastered edition is really not necessary and its just gonna "toy" in with other SE games. If I wanted one of those to be remade then it would be VIII just because I would like to see it in awesome next gen graphics.

I don't care for remakes as I have the original games (though I know this is only refering to HD graphical updates).

It would be good to see certain scenes done in HD, but as for the whole game it would be hard to do (not only generating landscapes and characters in HD, but also doing the world map and airship, among other great things that they have a phobia of attempting in good graphics) and the cost and time to do this are not worth it.

If they were to improve the graphics, but keep the same graphical style (e.g FFVII lego-men, and FFIX cartoony look), then that would fit better, but would be a pointless task all the same.

The only FF i care to see a remake for is FF6,OMG Terra in 3D for a whole game (excluding Dissidia), God i swear i just jizzed at the thought.

SE was gonna remake FF9 for the PS2 just one year after it came out. Well...it wasn't really a remake, just enhanced graphics and maybe extra features. I doubt SE will ever remake a old FF with PS3 style graphics. Thats why they'll probably stop the remakes at 5 or 6 since they can easily make them for the DS or PSP. That would be unexceptable for any of the PS1 titles.

I mean HD is nice an' all but, I like the horrible graphivs of the PS1 FFs reason being because you can be like 'Yup this was the good old days' but then again there are those that would like the HD upgrade. Idunno, I say they can do what they want. Graphics are graphics shouldn't effect the game anyways. (unless your picky about that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back