FFXIII PS3 Playable Demo out March 2009

Scarlet

*wobbles*
Veteran
Gil
Square Enix announced at the DKΣ3713 event in Japan today that the Blu-ray re-release of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children would come with a playable demo version of Final Fantasy XIII for the PlayStation 3, according to reports from Famitsu. The disc will also ship with new videos of Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete will ship in Japan at some point in March 2009.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5032269/final-fan...e-march-09-coming-to-advent-children-complete

Well, I guess a few months after that FFXIII might be release finally.

Oh, I heard that AC might be re-released, but now there's more incentive for people to get their hands on it...

Well, ACC just keeps looking better and better! I was already excited that there were going to be new scenes in the movie, but now we have this awesome demo of XIII to look forward to as well. I can't wait

So, what else did they announce at the party? I wasn't even aware that it had started o__O

Oh, I heard that AC might be re-released, but now there's more incentive for people to get their hands on it...

Exactly, this actually gives people a reason to re-buy the movie. I sure wouldn't go out and pay for a movie I had already bought just for a few extra scenes thrown in. Still not enough to make me buy it though :wacky:

Pfft, to hell with ACC. I'm in with Rockman on this surprisingly.

As for the demo...WAAAA, GIMME NOW. I need to know what this thing really plays like..

I'm all up for waiting until March 2009 for the demo, it's better than nothing in my opinion. As for the ACC...I presume this is Nomura's 'remade' version to people a 'new' and 'different' impression. :wacky:

Pfft, to hell with ACC. I'm in with Rockman on this surprisingly.

As for the demo...WAAAA, GIMME NOW. I need to know what this thing really plays like..

Now that IS a surprise xD

I'm guessing this thing will play like KH or Crisis Core, apparently it even lets you jump! Oh boy! Sarcasm aside, I hope the demo is substantial, since all that was playable at the SE party was Lighting running around in a field.

I'm more confused by the upcoming ACC PS3 bundle...why the hell not just package Infinite Undiscovery with it? Maybe it's just me, but getting a movie and a DEMO with my PS3 just does not sound ideal.

Got some new info on the demo:

"The Final Fantasy XIII demo will be released on a separate disc to Advent Children: Complete, meaning that us outside Japan can import it without having to worry about region coding. It will be the entire opening of the game which should be 90 minutes of playtime."

Sounds good, 90 minutes of gameplay is the biggest I've ever known a demo to be, that's for sure.

The game must be HUGE! :wacky:
I mean, if they are releasing the whole opening of the game, and 90 minutes is A LOT for a demo then the game must be big enough to make up for what you've already played in the demo.

I'm really interested to have a go on this demo, because it will make me decide whether I wanna bother getting a PS3 or not, as it stands, I can try it out on Army Guys so all will be good. 90 minutes you say? Epic, that will give me plenty of time to decide whether I hate it or not

It's a bit of a way off though....I prolly wont even be with Army Guy then, so my well thought out p[lan could be foiled

Aye, the demo should be a cracker for most but I'm not too interested in FFXIII if I'm honest. A FF Versus XIII demo would be much better in my books but I'll try out the FFXIII demo anyway, just to see.

...may be sold separately

Nomura has told Dengeki though that the Final Fantasy XIII demo may be sold separately some time after Advent Children: Complete's release. Square-Enix know they can make a huge amount of revenue by including the Final Fantasy XIII demo with AC:C but is selling the demo separately possibly taking it too far? The demo is supposed to be 90 minutes long, so the file size could make it infeasible to host on the Playstation Network but if they sell it for an extortionate price, would people still buy it? I can pretty much answer my own question and say yes but that doesn't make it right.

Other than this, a few more details about the compilation were discussed which I've listed below:

- All of the Final Fantasy XIII titles are based around extremely fast combat.

- Final Fantasy Agito XIII will have both command input and action elements in it's gameplay.

- Each character will have their own individual summon.

- Agito is currently running on PSP hardware but won't be released until after Final Fantasy XIII and Versus because of the lengthy story and large amount of characters.
Good marketing plan by Square Enix...bad for us D:

Last edited:
they should make agito a 2 disc umd 1.7 gigs is definately not enough to live up to 13 on psp and since they said it will take so long they might as well make it worth our wait.

true but i think most of it will be cutscenes which will make it basically an introduction disc. hopefully they do add alot of gameplay.

There never was a release date as far as I'm aware. Not once have I read or heard an interview stating that FFXIII will be released in March 2009...unless you've seen it on a console game selling site, in which case they'd have lied anyway. o_O

I'll bet you that at least 30 minutes of this will be cutscenes.
But is this going to be the full beggining or are they going to edit it a bit for the demo?

Back