FFXIII: Kitase “aiming” for FFXIII 360 to ship on 3 DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
ffxiii.jpg

The 360 version of FFXIII will ship on multiple DVDs, producer Yoshinori Kitase confirmed to VG247 at GamesCom today.

“This is not the final count as we’re still working on it, but we’re aiming for about three discs for the Xbox 360 version,” said the developer.

Kitase went on to assure that the two versions will be practically identical, although he did concede that there are likely to be “subtle differences” between the two.

“The 360 version and the PS3 version should be pretty much equal, both in terms of content and the visuals as well,” he added.

“Since the hardware is different, there might be some subtle differences if you compare screenshots side by side, but the team’s being very careful about the compression of the data and the visuals, so that it’s exactly the same on both.”

FFXIII releases this winter in Japan and next year in the US and Europe.

Source: VG247

How many discs on PS3 then? 1 or 2? or... 3?
SE is always talking a lot about the XboX version lately... didn't they once say they won't start working on the 360 version until finishing the Japanease PS3 version first?

Anyway, I am glad that they aren't making the PS3 graphics to be exactly (I mean 100%) match the 360 ones. Maybe I didn't buy the PS3 for nothing after all! :P

Oh yes 3 discs. Just awesome. Just like Star Ocean The Last Hope. This will be so :awesome: But I bet I can pass this game in a week if I play 24/7. Although I hope there are acheivements that are for harder difficultys and such. Cause ima 1000G this game!

How many discs on PS3 then? 1 or 2? or... 3?
SE is always talking a lot about the XboX version lately... didn't they once say they won't start working on the 360 version until finishing the Japanease PS3 version first?

Anyway, I am glad that they aren't making the PS3 graphics to be exactly (I mean 100%) match the 360 ones. Maybe I didn't buy the PS3 for nothing after all! :P
I think the equivalent of a Blu Ray is around 3/4 DVD's though I'm not sure so don't quote me on that D; I think it'll be 1 disc for the PS3 version which I'd prefer, I'm not bothered about switching disks but if 1 gets damaged or lost you're well and truly screwed.

The only thing that annoys me about Square Enix is how they go back on what they've said sooooooo many times, I remember reading the interview saying they're going to push the PS3 all the way technically, then all of a sudden it's going to be the same, although still better, than the 360 version >_>

I happened to come across this at another website. The comments there are entirely PS3 fanboys VS the "Xbots". The continuous argument made by the PS3 supporters were about changing disks. I ask: is this really a big issue? What could be so daunting about the prospect of getting off your chair for about 10 seconds to change disks every 15 hours? It was done before with FFVII-IX. There weren't really any problems there. Granted, 3 disks would make a bulky-ish box, but no one really treasures the box that much, right?

@Mercurial- That has always been SE's problem this generation. The 360 can't match the PS3 in terms of hardware horsepower. If the PS3 IS pushed quite a lot for XIII, how do we expect the 360 version to equalize that? That's not pushing, that's just clearing the way for the person behind you. What also annoys me is that SE have failed to offer much support for Sony. I can name a few (mediocre) exclusives for Microsoft, but how many releases have SE had for the PS3 this generation as of now? Zilch. In my opinion, SE should STOP their "appealing to western" strategy. It's not working and it can damage the company and their franchises.

What people dislike changing disks ?

LOVE changing disks in Final Fantasy games. In Final Fantasy VII- IX it made the game more thrilling because it always stopped and made you changed discs at the best times..

Changing disks adds more suspense and it makes the storyline feel bigger and much longer..

Was kinda of disappointed when Final Fantasy X came around and it was only 1 Disc.
It felt short and it made the storyline feel more linear and like something was missing..

X- Box 360 version here I come ! ~~~
:)

What people dislike changing disks ?

LOVE changing disks in Final Fantasy games. In Final Fantasy VII- IX it made the game more thrilling because it always stopped and made you changed discs at the best times..

Changing disks adds more suspense and it makes the storyline feel bigger and much longer..

Was kinda of disappointed when Final Fantasy X came around and it was only 1 Disc.
It felt short and it made the storyline feel more linear and like something was missing..

X- Box 360 version here I come ! ~~~
:)

I have to admit that I have a bit of a nostalgic crush on multiple disc RPGs too :P I wonder why the game will take up that much space though. One of Square's biggest sellings points for the Crystal Tools engine was that it would be able to render highly detailed CGI in real-time, which if utilized fully would make the game take up considerably less disc space. The 3 discs kinda makes me suspect that the CGI will be pre-rendered anyway.

I doubt there'll be much of a difference between how the game performs on the 2 platforms. The Crystal Tools engine is cross platform, so it should be roughly the same. If anything it will probably look slightly better on the 360. Most games seem to do :P

I doubt there'll be much of a difference between how the game performs on the 2 platforms. The Crystal Tools engine is cross platform, so it should be roughly the same. If anything it will probably look slightly better on the 360. Most games seem to do :P
If it was multiplatform that was developed specifically for the 360 then ported, I'd have to agree as it would probably follow the trend that multiplatforms look better on the 360 because of the way they're developed. However, because both of the versions have been developed separately I'm inclined to say the PS3 version will look better because most games developed separately for the PS3 nearly always look better.

Although, Square Enix have gone back on their word from saying they will try to "push the PS3 all the way" to "both versions will look similar" -_-

Edit: For anyone who doesn't know, I do actually own both >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back